Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

Just now, KDawg said:

Now talk about the OL, John Keim. I’m with you on the Heinicke part.

Injured LT

Been hurt for weeks LG

4rth string C

****ing Scherff

2nd string RT who's been injured

pass blocking RB out

We all get that the Oline isn't playing great today, but TH is making it so much freaking worse.

Oline gave him a ton of time for his 8 second drops when he was only passing to Dallas.

Hard for me to believe that  between Terry, Curtis, & Carter, neither of the 3 (or others) are ever getting open.  I think it's the lack of pass protection and Henicke's physical limitations that are killing the passing game.   What baffled me is that Scott Turner didn't seem to budge on how he wanted to call passes today.  Once it became obvious the O-line was not going to have consistent success blocking for the pass, why are you not changing it up to quicker passes, or Get Taylor on the move, where is Curtis Samuel or Terry as far getting them the ball int heir hands quick and letting them make plays.  

Scott Turner seems as lost as anyone right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Listening to the game on 980. Damn, did not see such a beatdown and the team folding like this. This is bad, bad, bad. Take out TH and perhaps give the O a spark.

If you were watching the game, you might have more context for what is going on with the offense.  The only thing you accomplish with taking Taylor out is running the risk of injuring your backup QB.  They are teeing off on Taylor.  There is almost no time to do anything with the ball.  Turner came in with a terrible gameplan.  Dallas is stacking against the run and blitzing the crap out of Taylor.  The line has no answers.  There is no pocket.  Bringing Allen in will make little to no difference.  Allen will not make the line block better or Turner call a better game. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Injured LT

Been hurt for weeks LG

4rth string C

****ing Scherff

2nd string RT who's been injured

pass blocking RB out

We all get that the Oline isn't playing great today, but TH is making it so much freaking worse.

Oline gave him a ton of time for his 8 second drops when he was only passing to Dallas.

I understand we’re injured.

Doesnt change the fact they are getting dominated in ways that make it hard to look in the mirror. 

And I think you’re not reading my posts…

Heinicke has been horrendous.

Just now, petey hodge said:

Worst part is when we go 3 and Out to start the half.

🥺

So you are saying we are going to:

1. Run on first down,
  2. Throw a broken screen on second
  3. and then have TH throw in an obvious 3rd and long situation?!

I believe!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

For the first time, Taylor Heinicke looks smaller than the moment. Call the police, somebody stole his mojo.

I hope he’s as pissed off as I am and plays angry the second half. Because another half like the first might cost him his NFL future.

Yeah he looks pretty frazzled. Another big issue for me is that he now seems to be trying to force throws that he can't make in order to try and make up for it. That's led so far to at least 2 near interceptions that were dropped (one right into the middle of 4-5 defenders).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

that's not really 'cognitive dissonance' but i support you nonetheless :) 

:) Well, I slightly disagree. But arguing the semantic definition of "cognitive dissonance" in a gameday thread on a football message board is certainly not the right forum for such discussions. Honestly, I was just trying to elicit a response from Kdawg. His posts are fantastic. Looking forward to the "next day" discussion thread that will follow this game. 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

He was in the A gap as a 6th rusher. Only so much you can do if the QB isn't going to see that and make a quick throw before he can get there.

You account for him schematically and pass the back to someone else. That’s a gameplanning issue. We’ll see if they fix it in half two.