Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tampa Tom vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

no one has ever tanked despite what some think.

i dont know...the Suck for Luck/Rg3 year, I remember irsay doing something blatant or two. Cant recall exactly. mabye cutting peyton

Edited by dunfer

18 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

this is a fan construct.  Can we say that it has never happened where an organization tried to lose...no...but you also can't show me where it was worth doing for that team.  Andrew Luck was supposed to be a generational talent.  He was a good QB, but he was not that guy.    

I think people confuse evaluation with tanking. No team has ever put out the worst team they could possibly field solely in the hopes of losing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Just saying I don’t think tanking is a thing.

and I agree.  Like you said though evaluating and tanking are not the same thing.  Not that any of them would ever admit to this anyway, but I would question the intelligence of any coach, GM, or owner if their apparent motive is to lose games on purpose to get a high draft pick or to pick up a specific player in the draft.

To me it's the epitome of a loser mentality.    

8 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

and I agree.  Like you said though evaluating and tanking are not the same thing.  Not that any of them would ever admit to this anyway, but I would question the intelligence of any coach, GM, or owner if their apparent motive is to lose games on purpose to get a high draft pick or to pick up a specific player in the draft.

To me it's the epitome of a loser mentality.    

100%. You’d be risking your own career if that was the case.

If all you needed was the magic QB, then front offices would probably dump players left and right to tank at the right time. Problem is, building a winning FB team is more complicated than that. You can't just rebuild it all overnight once you have the QB, and you risk ruining him if he plays on a really bad team with no weapons and no protection.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Probably prisoner of the moment, but this was my favorite game from him. 

Ok, But I’d also like to point out until the last drive Gibby was 11 carries for 15 yards, basically 1.5 yards per carry.  

He had a few good runs late in the game to make the overall numbers look Less awful.  

Some of this is on Scott Turner’s obsession with running for no yards on first down. 

I thought Gibson had some good runs, but the only reason the offense worked is because they kept on converting 3rd downs after the running game out them behind the sticks on first down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does it feel like Reyes is inching his way towards some offensive playing time ?

He's worked his way from the bottom of the heap slowly, into Special Teams.

And if the injury to RSJ keeps him off the field, it will be interesting to see if they sign another TE, and whether Reyes sees some snaps on Offense

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You called it, even though the score was 29-19? Or specifically the W? 

It's notable that Washington's point total was off by only one point, and if they didn't choose to make the unusual decision to forgo attempting an XP, it would have been exact.

And Tampa's total was off by only 5.

So, with WAS being off by 1 point, and Tampa off by 5, for a total of 6, I'm guessing the 6 is much better than most predictions

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Brady looked a little scared today...not himself, lots of quick checkdowns. I think Del Rio got in his head a little bit....that and Jonathon Allens early hit made him pretty average today. 

What can we do to Cam next week?????

I think that is pretty much just Tom Brady at this point in his career.  He is an elite game manager.  He takes what the defense gives him.  Tampa lost because the team around was meh, not because he had a bad day.

41 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, But I’d also like to point out until the last drive Gibby was 11 carries for 15 yards, basically 1.5 yards per carry.  

He had a few good runs late in the game to make the overall numbers look Less awful.  

Some of this is on Scott Turner’s obsession with running for no yards on first down. 

I thought Gibson had some good runs, but the only reason the offense worked is because they kept on converting 3rd downs after the running game out them behind the sticks on first down. 

I was tempted to say the second half, but it was his overall approach this game versus the numbers. Sure, he had 4-5 unique powerful runs, but his energy seemed to be in a good place and had a clear plan of what he wanted to accomplish on this day. He was decisive and ran with conviction. Too many time (in my opinion) he never seemed to have a plan and was too concerned with making a big play which would impact his energy on the field. 

Subjectivity on my end, not to say if one wants to place more value on the stats they are wrong. Thought today was much less to do with stats. My guess is he feels just as good about this game as last year versus Dallas (the coaches as well).

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1