Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Tampa Tom vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke: The Rematch

TK

On 11/16/2021 at 3:48 PM, kingdaddy said:

No matter what else happens in TH's career he will always be able to say that he beat and was better than the GOAT on that very special day. If you beat the GOAT then you have to be in the conversation as the starting QB moving forward regardless of whatever limitations your critics say you have. You're a winner son.

Not to mention, how close he came to beating Brady the last time, which in several ways, was in a much tougher setting (playoff pressure, healthier Tampa team, less preparation opportunity for Heinicke)

It's like Heinicke viewed this game as "Unfinished Business".

He keeps proving he's no fluke.

And he keeps getting better, and improving.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Not to mention, how close he came to beating Brady the last time, which in several ways, was in a much tougher setting (playoff pressure, healthier Tampa team, less preparation opportunity for Heinicke)

Without his full complement of weapons...

Sunday vs. Cam is a big chance for TH to take the next step and get this team on a roll. I hope the coaches dial up a good game plan for him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why are some people seemingly addicted to saying Heinicke "beat" Brady?

Tom Brady doesn't play defense. Heinicke didn't "beat Brady". He had a better day vs Tampa's defense than Brady had against ours. There have been plenty of QBs who had good games against the defense of a team that had an elite QB. That doesn't mean he's better than the other team's QB.

Sheesh you guys.

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Why are some people seemingly addicted to saying Heinicke "beat" Brady?

Tom Brady doesn't play defense. Heinicke didn't "beat Brady". He had a better day vs Tampa's defense than Brady had against ours. There have been plenty of QBs who had good games against the defense of a team that had an elite QB. That doesn't mean he's better than the other team's QB.

Sheesh you guys.

It makes sense since it was our D that lost us against Tampa in the playoff game. So we don't need to an upgrade at the QB position since our D lost us all of those games that we have lost so far. I knew you would come around to acknowledging that Taylor is a legit starting QB. If it wasn't for our D this year we would have more wins then loses. 

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

It makes sense since it was our D that lost us against Tampa in the playoff game. So we don't need to an upgrade at the QB position since our D lost us all of those games that we have lost so far. I knew you would come around to acknowledging that Taylor is a legit starting QB. If it wasn't for our D this year we would have more wins then loses. 

It was our defense that caused our offense to score an average of 11 points over the previous three games, including one against the worst defense in the NFL?

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It was our defense that caused our offense to score an average of 11 points over the previous three games, including one against the worst defense in the NFL?

If our D could have held the other teams to 3 points and we would have won those games. You know sorta of like the Pats holding Atlanta to 0 points this past week. 

Edited by zskins

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

If our D could have held the other teams to 3 points and we would have won those games. You know sorta of like the Pats holding Atlanta to 0 points this past week. 

There's no way you're being serious, right? You're pulling my leg. I get it.  :ols:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

There's no way you're being serious, right? You're pulling my leg. I get it.  :ols:

Look you are the one who setup the double standard. You dug up the hole. I just pushed you in. 😂

If Brady loses then it's his D fault.... But in reality Brady threw two picks. ;)

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Look you are the one who setup the double standard. You dug up the hole. I just pushed you in. 😂

If Brady loses then it's his D fault.... But in reality Brady threw two picks. ;)

When did I say if Brady loses it was his D's fault? Our defense played well and Brady played poorly against them. That has nothing to do with Tampa's defense and I never said it did. I just said that Brady doesn't play defense so it's pointless to say that Heinicke "beat Brady" as if it means something when talking about the two QBs.

Then you claimed that we lost most of our games because of our defense, but that's objectively nonsense because while our defense has definitely played poorly at times, they did hold KC, GB and Denver to their season average points scored or lower, but our offense never showed up, scoring an average of 11 points in those games. That's not going to get it done against many teams, especially ones like KC and GB who have high powered offenses. 

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

When did I say if Brady loses it was his D's fault? Our defense played well and Brady played poorly against them. That has nothing to do with Tampa's defense and I never said it did. I just said that Brady doesn't play defense so it's pointless to say that Heinicke "beat Brady" as if it means something when talking about the two QBs.

Then you claimed that we lost most of our games because of our defense, but that's objectively nonsense because while our defense has definitely played poorly at times, they did hold KC, GB and Denver to their season average points scored or lower, but our offense never showed up, scoring an average of 11 points in those games. That's not going to get it done against many teams, especially ones like KC and GB who have high powered offenses. 

We shouldn't have lost to Denver. Period as that was a so winnable game. That was a really bad game for TH. But our D didn't hold KC or GB to less than 20 points. Last year when our D held teams to less than 20 we had won most of them. It matters if you are playing from behind or not. We saw how it works in the Tampa game. When you are ahead you can take more chances and open up the playbook a little and take your time and time off the clock too. When your O can control the game clock you can win more games. 

As for the Brady comment and you saying Brady doesn't play D implied that it was his D's fault they lost that game. 

Going back to your original post/idea of "beat Brady" all I was trying to say is that it isn't on the QB for all wins and loses. No TH didn't beat Brady. He beat Tampa. But it has always been, including the media, that this QB beat that QB. Just because you don't like that saying doesn't mean it is not normal saying. You are just in the minority here.