Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embrace the Hate- The Venting Thread

RichmondRedskin88

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Lol i always saw your name and thought we were born in the same year or something 1986....turns out i didnt think objectively enough 86 as in Fire...god i wish...

Lol I always wonder how often my username is viewed that way.  Truth is, woulda been Asassinate Snyder, but I thought that might be too aggressive.  

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I want you old timers to appreciate this simple fact:

For those of us born in the 80s or later (at least the mid 80s or later), our "glory years" were 2005-2007. Under Gibbs 2.0 we went to the playoffs twice and won 1 playoff game. That's it. Outside of the 1999 season with that 1 playoff win in January of 2000, that's the glory years of this millennium.

I was born in '85. I was 6 when they last won the SB. I can only remember 2 goddamn playoff wins. This team has 1 ****ing playoff win in the last 21 years.

I know none of this is actual news. This is **** that's been talked about on here at length. But I am so ****ing pissed that every time this ****ing team, which I follow because of my mother and her (deceased) father, makes any kind of progress, it immediately just evaporates. Every minor success just immediately is invalidated in some way the following year. I HATE that "Kirk Cousins playing almost .500 ball for 3 years" is the best this pathetic franchise can do in almost 15 years.

You want hate? Fine. I survived childhood cancer, and I consider Snyder a worse thing to have endured because at least the cancer ended.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Honestly, I think we should start trading our "value" players and stockpiling draft picks. We are in a cycle where our top picks get to year 4-5 and we still don't have the all pieces in place. Look to see what Young/Sweat/Payne..etc (even Terry) can get us and if we can get some #1's in 2022/2023 go for it.

Like Gibbs did in drafting the Hogs...all same class..

We have to STINK BAD and get into the early rounds too. I'm not so sure about RR either...caught glimpses of him chuckling it up with a official after that BS non TD and failed sneak..

I would think he'd be a little bit beside himself with this clown show.

Things getting worse..not better.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Honestly, I think we should start trading our "value" players and stockpiling draft picks. We are in a cycle where our top picks get to year 4-5 and we still don't have the all pieces in place. Look to see what Young/Sweat/Payne..etc (even Terry) can get us and if we can get some #1's in 2022/2023 go for it.

This. Terry and the D-line should shopped around. 

Otherwise we should change the name to the Washington Zombies, a souless mindless body that moves by innertia only.

15 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

We have to STINK BAD and get into the early rounds too. I'm not so sure about RR either...caught glimpses of him chuckling it up with a official after that BS non TD and failed sneak..

I would think he'd be a little bit beside himself with this clown show.

Things getting worse..not better.

Trading good players on rookie contracts is bad value.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

"Kirk Cousins playing almost .500 ball for 3 years" is the best this pathetic franchise can do in almost 15 years.

You want hate? Fine. I survived childhood cancer, and I consider Snyder a worse thing to have endured because at least the cancer ended.

Ill take some Kirk 500 football.....im in the same boat as you age wise not even close to what u have endured tho....I remember Gibbs 2.0 getting hired and im like LETS GOOOOO....and then Portis rips his first carry for a TD and I was like LETS F***ING GOOOOOO WOW OMGGGG.....and then st21 dies Gibbs retired and then yup....

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Trading good players on rookie contracts is bad value.

I agree with the Value assessment. That's why I would have value picks IF we could get them. I don't mean give them away for high 2's or 3's.

If we could get #1's or VERY early 2's for 2022/2023 ...we'd have 5 or 6 Top picks in the same class to build a nucleus. Look at Johnson's Cowboys after the Herschel Walker trade. If we could get that many picks to get a class of top performers (assuming we could draft worth a damn..BIG Assumption I know)

By the time we draft an offense...these guys will be gone via FA. I'm just suggesting we should be looking at that before Nov 2nd.

1 hour ago, GhostofSparta said:

I survived childhood cancer, and I consider Snyder a worse thing to have endured because at least the cancer ended.

When people ask me how the Washington football team is doing, simply trying to make small talk, I’m going to read this sentence to them.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

I agree with the Value assessment. That's why I would have value picks IF we could get them. I don't mean give them away for high 2's or 3's.

If we could get #1's or VERY early 2's for 2022/2023 ...we'd have 5 or 6 Top picks in the same class to build a nucleus. Look at Johnson's Cowboys after the Herschel Walker trade. If we could get that many picks to get a class of top performers (assuming we could draft worth a damn..BIG Assumption I know)

By the time we draft an offense...these guys will be gone via FA. I'm just suggesting we should be looking at that before Nov 2nd.

The idea is nice, but do you really believe in this team's scouting program, much less MightyMite sticking his nose in and demanding certain players? 

I wouldn't trust the scouts to get my order from Burger King correct...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

The idea is nice, but do you really believe in this team's scouting program, much less MightyMite sticking his nose in and demanding certain players? 

I wouldn't trust the scouts to get my order from Burger King correct...

I once went to a Burger King here and they were out of french fries.

Only got to see them on RedZone today, so you probably all know how I'm feeling tonight. So may miscues. We finally get a QB with a little moxie, who can create, and you figure it's not perfect, and he doesn't solve the QB situation long term, but it's fun and maybe he'll gut out a couple close games. But no. We see him put his knee down a foot before the goal line when he could have just ****ing walked in. And then he can't hold onto the ball going in from there on the next play.

I'm hoping they pick the worst ever name for the team going into next season. A name so embarrassingly bad that even people who know me as a diehard fan for over 40 years will excuse me for finally letting go.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

That's not correct.  RG Mark May and LG Russ Grimm were both drafted in 1981 -- May with 1/20 and Grimm, HOF, with 3/69.  (That draft class also included Dexter Manley, Charlie Brown, Darryl Grant, and Clint Didier - a pretty fantastic draft class.)  However,  RT George Starke was drafted in 1972, C Jeff Bostic was undrafted and signed in 1980, LT Joe ("Big Screen") Jacoby was also undrafted but signed in 1981.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Butchie_T said:

I am not seeing a scenario where the WFT win another game this season.

....and they still won't get the #1 overall pick. Not that it matters much anyway. 

I think we’ll actually have a decent chance next week against Denver before the bye week, and against the panthers in a few weeks. Maybe another win against the giants? But other than that i dont see where another win comes from 

24 minutes ago, Butchie_T said:

I am not seeing a scenario where the WFT win another game this season.

....and they still won't get the #1 overall pick. Not that it matters much anyway. 

We're bad but not that bad.

We have approximately 3 more wins on the schedule.  That's not a good thing, I'd prefer to lose out at this point.  But we'll win one of Denver/Carolina, probably split with the Eagles, and most likely beat the Giants.  

If you really want to get depressed, the Eagles also stink but they are sitting pretty draft wise.  The Giants most likely call it quits on everyone in charge and Daniel Jones and start over again.

Then there's us, just kind of hanging out being mediocre but not sad enough to get a top draft pick and fill the gaping hole at QB.  🤮

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1