Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Embrace the Hate- The Venting Thread

RichmondRedskin88

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think we’ll actually have a decent chance next week against Denver before the bye week, and against the panthers in a few weeks. Maybe another win against the giants? But other than that i dont see where another win comes from 

Denver is coming off of their bye week to play WFT, so they will be rested. I live south of Denver and would like to see the WFT win. I just do not see anything that shows me they can do it. 

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We're bad but not that bad.

We have approximately 3 more wins on the schedule.  That's not a good thing, I'd prefer to lose out at this point.  But we'll win one of Denver/Carolina, probably split with the Eagles, and most likely beat the Giants.  

If you really want to get depressed, the Eagles also stink but they are sitting pretty draft wise.  The Giants most likely call it quits on everyone in charge and Daniel Jones and start over again.

Then there's us, just kind of hanging out being mediocre but not sad enough to get a top draft pick and fill the gaping hole at QB.  🤮

I like your moxie. I just cannot get motivated to cheer it through. We need to help the eagles, panthers, and giants ego's while improving our draft position. Then draft another qb like Heath Shuler..... not really. Dear god not really. 

For the first time since... well, ever, I turned off the game and went and did something else. I didn't check the final score until sometime after 7pm.

I didn't even watch any other football.

I'm in my 50's and have never done that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WordM said:

For the first time since... well, ever, I turned off the game and went and did something else. I didn't check the final score until sometime after 7pm.

I didn't even watch any other football.

I'm in my 50's and have never done that.

I'm 60 & same here.  I actually got a few household fixes done and that was nice.  I guess the end of times with this team is upon me.  My WIFE was more interested than I was in football this last Sunday.  That is an absolute first for me.  Dan and this team have sucked the love out of the game for me.  It really boils down to Dan for me in all honesty.  He sells & is out then maybe I will have interest again but I'm older and Dan will probably just hang onto them beyond mu ultimate demise.  I see no point in hanging on at this juncture.  It's actually sad.  Who knew, way back in May of 1999, that Daniel Marc Snyder would single handily destroy my beloved and well respected team?  It's flabbergasting and unbelievable that he could do this in such a painfully slow and agonizing way, like dying of a thousand little cuts.  Anyway, he goes and maybe I will be invigorated, but doubt anything will come to pass.  Just a very sad deal all the way around for everyone, players included.  If you read this forum ever, Dan, I detest you.  I just want you to know that. Peace. 

• Like 1

Brief off the top of my head moves made by this team that sounded good at the time but ended in disappointment.

Drafting Lavar Arrington.  OK so expecting another LT was a bit too much but we surely expected more than we got.

Joe Gibbs II.  I know he made 2 playoff appearances but he had a losing record and we never came close to expectations.

Hiring Shanny and Bruce:  Mike was a proven winner, Bruce was the cap expert tasked with getting our wild spending days under control. What could go wrong?

RGIII. I was psyched on draft day, really excited a year later. Then it all fell apart so painfully fast.   

Scott McCloughan.  We knew of his drinking problems but he was worth the risk with his track record. So what happened?  His drafts were average at best and his free agent signings can be described as nothing short of pathetic.    

Now we get to Chase Young.  0 tackles, 2 assists and of course 0 sacks on Sunday.  I'm really starting to feel as if he is gong to be another addition to the list.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb up 3