Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

34 minutes ago, illone said:

This kid has some type of calm confidence about him. Would instantly be a fan favorite. 

I hope he doesn’t end up with the giants, I really like this kid and I don’t want to boo him

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 2

Me, I’m still glad Commander’s can pick their quarterback instead of having to sell the farm to trade up.🤷

We’re not going to know how he will pan out until a season at least. 

1 minute ago, Redd said:

Me, I’m still glad Commander’s can pick their quarterback instead of having to sell the farm to trade up.🤷

or settle for leftovers.   We dont have a chance at Caleb but we have the pick of several great prospects in arguably one of the best QB classes in a decade.  

6 minutes ago, Redd said:

We’re not going to know how he will pan out until a season at least. 

agreed 💯 

I dont think there is any pressure from ownership to win now. Draft, develop and deal with the growth pains this season. 

• Like 1

https://miketanier.substack.com/p/ultimate-quarterback-stat-pack-jayden

I was looking for JDs air yards vs total passing yards, but found this instead. I'm not sure if I can quote substack, but this was eye-opening for me. It basically says that JD was ridiculously accurate on passes of 15+ air yards, like leaps and bounds beyond his peers.

I have been in the Maye camp since I really started paying attention about a month ago; growing bored with Reddit, I sought ES out again to keep the good stuff in my veins. From the highlight reels, it seemed that he was by far the better option. I saw all the hits that JD takes, and I am grateful that the discourse here made me realize that I'm suffering from RGIII PTSD. It's definitely a thing.

One of you smart cats suggested watching the every catch and run JD comp on the YouTubes... And let me tell you, I was blown away. The guy can make all the throws. He attacks the middle of the field no problem, just doesn't do it as often. I LOVE when he runs to the sideline and gets out of bounds unscathed. I only made it to the seventh game, and that was where I saw him slide for the first time. The thing he absolutely has to stop doing is running into traffic like it's cool. He's gonna get killed. My fear is that some of that is instinctual now, and he will take off like he did in college and get flattened. 

I think our coaching staff can assist in exorcising the "run headlong into big scary dudes" demon, and if they do, I think the future is bright. I'm now completely comfortable drafting him, and I think he'll be better than Maye. 

But like so many in just this thread have said, it's a crap shoot - but I have hope again.

I'm almost 48, watched the 'Skins win in '91 on my best friend's dad's couch. It's been a rough ride since, but I trust that we are in good hands. 

I am by no means on the level of analytics that some of you are, but I'm grateful that you guys are such absolute maniacs that you take it that far. 

Hail.

Edited by Menelaos42
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Great day that was. If only….

Man, even in that game Pierre Garcon hurt his foot and it bothered him all year. Of course, "Griffining" was coined... not realizing the irony of the man's characteristic celebration being sitting on the turf. 

10 minutes ago, Menelaos42 said:

I was looking for JDs air yards vs total passing yards, but found this instead. I'm not sure if I can quote substack, but this was eye-opening for me. It basically says that JD was ridiculously accurate on passes of 15+ air yards, like leaps and bounds beyond his peers.

I have been in the Maye camp since I really started paying attention about a month ago; growing bored with Reddit, I sought ES out again to keep the good stuff in my veins. From the highlight reels, it seemed that he was by far the better option. I saw all the hits that JD takes, and I am grateful that the discourse here made me realize that I'm suffering from RGIII PTSD. It's definitely a thing.

One of you smart cats suggested watching the every catch and run JD comp on the YouTubes... And let me tell you, I was blown away. The guy can make all the throws. He attacks the middle of the field no problem, just doesn't do it as often. I LOVE when he runs to the sideline and gets out of bounds unscathed. I only made it to the seventh game, and that was where I saw him slide for the first time. The thing he absolutely has to stop doing is running into traffic like it's cool. He's gonna get killed. My fear is that some of that is instinctual now, and he will take off like he did in college and get flattened. 

I think our coaching staff can assist in exorcising the "run headlong into big scary dudes" demon, and if they do, I think the future is bright. I'm now completely comfortable drafting him, and I think he'll be better than Maye. 

But like so many in just this thread have said, it's a crap shoot - but I have hope again.

I'm almost 48, watched the 'Skins win in '91 on my best friend's dad's couch. It's been a rough ride since, but I trust that we are in good hands. 

I am by no means on the level of analytics that some of you are, but I'm grateful that you guys are such absolute maniacs that you take it that far. 

Hail.

JD was lethal downfield last season.

“LSU’s Jaden Daniels produced the most impressive deep passing statistics of the last decade in 2023. 

Daniels completed 53-of-79 passes of 15-plus air yards for 1,783 yards, 24 touchdowns and just one interception. His completion rate of 67.1% on deep passes led the nation. Don’t let your eyes gloss over that number: a completion percentage of 67.1% would be impressive on allpasses, including screens and dump-offs. For deep passes, it’s beyond exceptional.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Conn said:

34 myself, and I think with a couple of the young dumbasses of recent years banned, our age cohort is probably the youngest with real representation here. Which makes sense given message board age demographics. So those Gibbs II + Shanahan playoff teams were our “glory years” which is brutal. 

Gotta be pretty gratifying that almost any other team would have been more fun to root for in the past 15 years than Washington, but arguably one of the only other complete duds (other than one AFC championship run) was Jacksonville. So you somehow didn’t make a -EV move changing teams to Washington in the mid-2000’s lol, a relative miracle 

So if you’re 31 I think there’s a decent chance that I was actually correct calling you being the youngest (active) member here. We had something like a 26-27 year old who got himself banned last year. 

I turn 32 next month. The pinnacle of this team I remember was 2005 when we beat Tampa and made the divisional round.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

No doubt.  Hopefully he continues using it throughout his career.

If he doesn’t hit, I’m not sure that disqualifies virtual QB training… if he busts it’s almost certainly because he weighs less than a large wet beach towel.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I turn 32 next month. The pinnacle of this team I remember was 2005 when we beat Tampa and made the divisional round.

32!? Back in my day I walked uphill to school in snow storms and we studied in text books! Damn whipper snapper.

I bet you never had to deal with dialup internet to game, either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

If we draft Daniels tomorrow,  can Goodell hand him a double cheeseburger instead of a jersey? 

One has to have a balanced diet and must includes vegetables as well. He should be given 20 double Whoppers with extra lettuce instead. 

26 minutes ago, KDawg said:

32!? Back in my day I walked uphill to school in snow storms and we studied in text books! Damn whipper snapper.

I bet you never had to deal with dialup internet to game, either!

I dealt with dial-up internet to, uh... to... listen, I dealt with dial-up internet.

• Haha 1