Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

When we pick Daniels tomorrow i will be happy for the team for getting a possible star finally. Two issues that will nag at me will be...1. Durability. 2. Why did we trade Howell and Brissett   if Daniels was the pick all along? i do not believe that Mariota who has 9 unsuccessful years in the NFL gives us a better chance because he "fits" KK's scheme. This is a complete headscratcher to me. I checked his stats...not impressed.  A qb room with Daniels, Brissett, and Howell would have been pretty damn good IMHO. But now we possibly have Daniels, Mariota, and Fromm. Yes I understand Fromm may not be replaced. Just my curious.

Forgive if this has been discussed and I missed it.

We didn't trade brissett he was a free agent and signing him and having daniels, Brissett and Howell would have been too much in my opinion, both Howell and brissett have earned a number 2 spot.

That said I agree that trading Howell is a bit of a head scratcher but maybe the team just didn't want any distractions for daniels and felt Howell deserved a chance to compete for a starting role and it simply wasn't gonna happen here.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

He better be put on a steak and potatoes diet ASAP!  

Full on Pasta diet...carbs carbs carbs.

But I'm pretty sure he has been trying to do this for a long time. I find it hard to believe that his pee wee coach wasn't in his ear barking at him about his size....lol.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BMagic said:

One of my main gripes was not seeing him extend plays to pass rather than running terribly often. If he does this consistently in the NFL, then he'd be a total nightmare to defend and I'd totally understand picking him!

Agree. And I imagine that is what they are going to work hard on with him once he gets into the building. I understand why he did it. It let him protect the ball. But in the NFL it is more important that he protects his body. A couple of picks are fine if it keeps him healthy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agree. And I imagine that is what they are going to work hard on with him once he gets into the building. I understand why he did it. It let him protect the ball. But in the NFL it is more important that he protects his body. A couple of picks are fine if it keeps him healthy. 

Thank goodness we have Brian Johnson on this team as Asst. HC and Offensive Pass Game Coordinator.  

• Like 2

I've recently seen some of our youtubers and content creators repeat the claim that JD was the *only* prospect to be personally picked up at the airport, with DQ in tow (and maybe even AP)? 

Was this ever confirmed? I recall one papazzari-type X account was behind it.

(Apologies if this was answered already, I just always thought it was unconfirmed rumor)

5 minutes ago, sinews said:

I've recently seen some of our youtubers and content creators repeat the claim that JD was the *only* prospect to be personally picked up at the airport, with DQ in tow (and maybe even AP)? 

Was this ever confirmed? I recall one papazzari-type X account was behind it.

(Apologies if this was answered already, I just always thought it was unconfirmed rumor)

I don't think it was ever confirmed, that one tweet was the only thing floating around, and it seemed kind of sketchy. Vid of JD, but not of DQ, just random-looking close-up pic of him.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Forgive if this has been discussed and I missed it.

Sir, this thread is Two Thousand Three Hundred and Eighty Pages long.

There are 25 posts a page.

That means there have been 59,500 posts in this thread.

I can assure you, we have discussed EVERYTHING, at EXCRUTIATING length and in sufficient detail that should any of us who have dawdled long in this thread ever commit a crime, we need only pull our posting history from this thread for an ironclad insanity defense.

That being said you are forgiven.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Sir, this thread is Two Thousand Three Hundred and Eighty Pages long.

There are 25 posts a page.

That means there have been 59,500 posts in this thread.

I can assure you, we have discussed EVERYTHING, at EXCRUTIATING length and in sufficient detail that should any of us who have dawdled long in this thread ever commit a crime, we need only pull our posting history from this thread for an ironclad insanity defense.

That being said you are forgiven.

This might go down as the greatest thread in E history and it will be looked back in retrospect for years to come.

• Like 4

From Washington Commanders 2024 NFL Draft: Pre-draft meetings/visit tracker - Hogs Haven last updated Updated Apr 24, 2024, 3:38pm EDT 

I want you all to look at the QB position from this article.  Call it what you will but JJ was the only QB we had dinner with and a private workout with too. 

J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (NFL Combine meeting) (Team Pro Day meeting [Dinner]) (Private workout) (Top 30 visit)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Let's just be realistic for a second.

Most rookie QBs struggle with their transition to the NFL and cover their inefficiencies by running or improvising a play.

JD will also tend to do this.

Problem for him is his wirey frame. Even if he has some great passing ability the chances of being hurt are VERY high if and when he runs. And he WILL run a whole lot just to "make things happen" and try to become the next Mahomes.

It's time we settle down and draft a "pure" passer like McCarthy plus some AAA starters in the O-Line. Don't try to re-invent the wheel! 

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Great in the Wire and Bosch.

Excellent as well in Fringe, for those sci-fi fans among us. Holds up extremely well to this day, just rewatched it last year 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

From Washington Commanders 2024 NFL Draft: Pre-draft meetings/visit tracker - Hogs Haven last updated Updated Apr 24, 2024, 3:38pm EDT 

I want you all to look at the QB position from this article.  Call it what you will but JJ was the only QB we had dinner with and a private workout with too. 

J.J. McCarthy, QB, Michigan (NFL Combine meeting) (Team Pro Day meeting [Dinner]) (Private workout) (Top 30 visit)

I kinda wonder if this was more a get to know and actually first hand see him workout type deal just to cover all their bases, specially since he’s been getting a lot of love nationally 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd be giddy personally if JJ's the pick. I think his ceiling is through the roof.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This might go down as the greatest thread in E history and it will be looked back in retrospect for years to come.

No doubt. And will be studied and analyzed by many Psyc students throughout many Universities worldwide lol.

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

Just so we can all remember,  here's Griffin's rookie season in action.   I want to see this magic again,  this time lasting a full career.    No injuries.  

1. I bet Griffin has watched this over 100 times in the last 10 years. I say this in more of a sad way than funny way. 

2. This is interesting, but watching this, Daniels appears faster and twitchier than RG3, easily. Went back to RG3’s Baylor highlights as well to make sure this wasn’t just a college defensive speed vs NFL defensive speed thing…interesting. I didn’t expect that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I'd be giddy personally if JJ's the pick. I think his ceiling is through the roof.

Wow. I think his ceiling his lower than Daniels. And I think Daniels is a definite bust.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, CommandB11 said:

Wow. I think his ceiling his lower than Daniels. And I think Daniels is a definite bust.

All good my man - opinions are all over the place with these guys, but there is not a one I would dislike either. 

I’m excited that GMAP has enough ammo to move around the draft board and go a get HIS guys. I know it takes two to tango, but I see at least two trades happening early on.

But I won’t be excited for all the clown suits, jewelry and sun glasses these guys will be wearing. 🙄

Edited by Kalu44

12 minutes ago, Command The 414 said:

I kinda wonder if this was more a get to know and actually first hand see him workout type deal just to cover all their bases, specially since he’s been getting a lot of love nationally 

It could be but knowing he was the 1st interview at the Combine and the only person we took out to dinner and then the only private workout along with a top 30 visit and all the other things attached to his name compared to the other QBs.  There might be something to it along with Keim mentioning him too ieven though Keim picked JD as the #2 in the ESPN mock.  We wait and see.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Also: Jerruh's reaction to growing chatter of JD5 to Commanders:

I’m not sure who the top guy is or what tea leaves he’s reading :ols:

But clearly Maye puts ketchup on steak. And therefore cannot be trusted.

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

@RWJ That's a sick draft! 

Final Mock Draft Wishlist

1st:   JJ McCarthy, Michigan, QB

2nd:  Jordan Morgan, Arizona, OT

2nd:  Roman Wilson, Michigan, WR

3rd:  T.J. Tampa, Iowa St., CB

3rd:  Blake Fisher, ND, OT

3rd:  Cedric Gray, UNC, LB

5th:  Jared Wiley, TCU, TE