Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I can't remember names like I used to, but what a loss. A much underappreciated character actor. Who never got that great defining role, as a leading man, that he deserved.

Is that Lance Reddick? Loved him in the John Wick movies. If we have any fans of the video game "Destiny," he was also the voice of Commander Zavala. Just a couple of the many many things he was awesome in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Damn.

I can't remember names like I used to, but what a loss. A much underappreciated character actor. Who never got that great defining role, as a leading man, that he deserved.

Lance Reddick. He was great.

• Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Ummmm. Yeah. I dont think so. Daniels had to get a doctors waiver to play. The first doctor said no because he was too skinny. The second doctor they went to allowed it. 

RPE-HSFOOTBALL-1223-03TP_279318411.jpg?w=620

This stick figure I just drew has a more muscular build.

image.png.7a0044053c8602e38ba316b318337015.png

• Haha 7

19 minutes ago, illone said:

When he arrived in Tempe he was 160. (January 2019). His playing weight freshman year was 175.

I just realized, that with my visions issues 160 can be hard to distinguish from 180-- particularly later in the day or at night. 😃

Sometimes it's a real **** getting old.

Die young, healthy and happy is my advice. lol

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

Is that Lance Reddick? Loved him in the John Wick movies. If we have any fans of the video game "Destiny," he was also the voice of Commander Zavala. Just a couple of the many many things he was awesome in. 

Great in the Wire and Bosch.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

he’ll always be Daniels to me, though. 

but that’s probably because I’ve watched the wire 20 times lol

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Let's just say that The Christmas Song states:

So, I'm still a kid. For now. 

I now know why I’m obsessed with trading down. I got really into the draft the Ricky Williams trade year and then the next year with #2 and #3 cemented my passion. 😂

• Haha 1

We eating good when it comes to prospect access near draft day.

Here is some insight on what JD goes through at mealtime

Quick hitters

-He eats beef!

-Didn't care about nutrition until LSU

-Working with a nutritionist to continue to build.

-Luvs honey buns

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

-Luvs honey buns

For those not up to speed on all things JD5, this is code - that's his nickname for Nabers.

Definitely.

Edited by Dah-Dee
  • Haha 5

53 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

I just got done talking to a good friend of mine who is an Arizona State alum and Patriots fan. He badly wants Daniels to slide to the Pats. Mind you Daniels spurned his beloved Sun Devils a few years ago but he does not blame him at all. He’s says how much of a mess things were under Herm the last few years. Big divide and separation with the coaching staff and downright nasty stuff going on behind the scenes. His wife actually works in the athletic department with another sport so he knows some things. 

Anyway, he brought up something that I hadn’t noticed with the talk with Daniels. He compares him a lot to Joe Burrow. Obviously not in style but in that both were transfers, both played at LSU, both in school 5 years, both had amazing WRs their Heisman winning year (Burrow even more so than Daniels) and both had 1 of the best passing seasons of all time before entering the draft. Burrow didn’t play as much before the breakout season but Daniels had some pretty good years with one bad one (last year in Tempe). Daniels started day 1 on campus and only threw 2 picks out of 338 passes as a true freshman. 

None of this dispels the thought of his frame or possible injury but speaks to his passing ability. I think many under value how good he’s been throwing the ball for the most part of his college career. 

That's what shawn siegele said over at rotoviz and he's not lazy with comps, and rotoviz is analytics focused too. His view was Daniels if healthy is Burrow and Lamar had a kid. I don't see it, at all, but otoh, Siegele is not just some dude. He's legit, I am more just, "some dude" on my best day, so I gotta respect the take...if we get him, at least people I respect think he's quite special. I'm a bit more skeptical needless to say. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

Wait, who's that kid scambling to extend and throw, and throwing over the middle?

One of my main gripes was not seeing him extend plays to pass rather than running terribly often. If he does this consistently in the NFL, then he'd be a total nightmare to defend and I'd totally understand picking him!

Edited by BMagic
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

We eating good when it comes to prospect access near draft day.

Here is some insight on what JD goes through at mealtime

Quick hitters

-He eats beef!

-Didn't care about nutrition until LSU

-Working with a nutritionist to continue to build.

-Luvs honey buns

That is some limp ass handshake bacon right there. Come on man, you gotta firm that **** up quite a bit. I'm trying to root for ya but your making it tough.

When we pick Daniels tomorrow i will be happy for the team for getting a possible star finally. Two issues that will nag at me will be...1. Durability. 2. Why did we trade Howell and Brissett   if Daniels was the pick all along? i do not believe that Mariota who has 9 unsuccessful years in the NFL gives us a better chance because he "fits" KK's scheme. This is a complete headscratcher to me. I checked his stats...not impressed.  A qb room with Daniels, Brissett, and Howell would have been pretty damn good IMHO. But now we possibly have Daniels, Mariota, and Fromm. Yes I understand Fromm may be replaced. Just curious.

Forgive if this has been discussed and I missed it.

Edited by tmandoug1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, GhostofAlvinWalton said:

That is some limp ass handshake bacon right there. Come on man, you gotta firm that **** up quite a bit. I'm trying to root for ya but your making it tough.

He better be put on a steak and potatoes diet ASAP!  

4 minutes ago, Dah-Dee said:

'*will* be fun'... 👀

JP is such a suck up.  

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

When we pick Daniels tomorrow i will be happy for the team for getting a possible star finally. Two issues that will nag at me will be...1. Durability. 2. Why did we trade Howell and Brissett   if Daniels was the pick all along? i do not believe that Mariota who has 9 unsuccessful years in the NFL gives us a better chance because he "fits" KK's scheme. This is a complete headscratcher to me. I checked his stats...not impressed.  A qb room with Daniels, Brissett, and Howell would have been pretty damn good IMHO. But now we possibly have Daniels, Mariota, and Fromm. Yes I understand Fromm may not be replaced. Just my curious.

Forgive if this has been discussed and I missed it.

Best guess is that Mariotta would know Kingsbury's offense better and help with the install and Daniel's learning curve - but that is just a guess.