Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, jg77 said:

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

36 here. Think those of us born in the 1985-1995 range probably have real good representation on here.

13 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

33 over here.

Let's just say that The Christmas Song states:

And so I'm offering this simple phrase
To kids from one to ninety-two

So, I'm still a kid. For now. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just got done talking to a good friend of mine who is an Arizona State alum and Patriots fan. He badly wants Daniels to slide to the Pats. Mind you Daniels spurned his beloved Sun Devils a few years ago but he does not blame him at all. He’s says how much of a mess things were under Herm the last few years. Big divide and separation with the coaching staff and downright nasty stuff going on behind the scenes. His wife actually works in the athletic department with another sport so he knows some things. 

Anyway, he brought up something that I hadn’t noticed with the talk with Daniels. He compares him a lot to Joe Burrow. Obviously not in style but in that both were transfers, both played at LSU, both in school 5 years, both had amazing WRs their Heisman winning year (Burrow even more so than Daniels) and both had 1 of the best passing seasons of all time before entering the draft. Burrow didn’t play as much before the breakout season but Daniels had some pretty good years with one bad one (last year in Tempe). Daniels started day 1 on campus and only threw 2 picks out of 338 passes as a true freshman. 

None of this dispels the thought of his frame or possible injury but speaks to his passing ability. I think many under value how good he’s been throwing the ball for the most part of his college career. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Said he personally talked to JD about protecting himself better. Acknowledged that he himself was poor at sliding and when he finally reached that "ah ha" moment of needing to slide more in his own career, it was 2013 and the knee brace made it difficult.

This gives me a bit more hope for Jayden.

It's one thing to be a young kid who thinks he's indestructible (what healthy 20 something year old doesn't?) and give mandatory lip service to coaches, gms, reporters, and even fans when they ask if you're gonna start sliding when you run.

(While secretly thinking all along, in your heart of hearts, that you are a warrior, damnit! Nothing's going to happen to you.)

However, it's entirely another thing to be told by a former running qb,  who was on the precipice of having it all, only to see his grudiron dreams crumble to dust one Sunday afternoon in Baltimore, during his very first season in the league.

If anyone, is an example, that can open this kids mind, and prevent a repeat of that terrible, terrible, heartbreaking tragedy tgat haunts us all-- it's RGIII.

Please listen to him kid.

History doesn't have to repeat itself.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I'm not a big Daniels fan but this is just disrespectful.

He IS a QB.

A QB who has the ability to run.. .

I did not mean it to be disrespectful and apologize. He wants to break the rushing record for a QB that's not what I want. Much rather him want to break the Passing record. RB have shorter careers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hooper said:

QB not a RB is hilarious.

Best passer in the draft according to some if not most. 

Man, these biases and narratives.

Then why does he want to break the rushing record? why not the Passing like you mention or maybe a ring?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I know your joking but I read he was 180 in high school. 

When he arrived in Tempe he was 160. (January 2019). His playing weight freshman year was 175.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, illone said:

Funny story, I rewatched RG3's first NFL game the other day vs the Saints.

He actually SLID on his first TWO nfl runs.

I was in SHOCK!

Was that the game where Madden raved about him saying he was going to revolutionize the game-- or something similar?

It's definitely iirc the game where he threw a long td pass, got hit, landed on his butt, and sat there with both arms raised.

The talking heads coined the term "Griffining" to describe it later that week.

High school qbs started throwing bombs intentionally sitting on their butt's and Griffining.

Elder millennial/40 yo here. I cut my teeth on my dad's VHS (and yes, Beta) tapes, just about wore them out. I've always yearned for those experiences to happen in the present moment at some point in my life. 2012 was a dream until it turned to nightmare. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I read he was 180 in high school. 

Ummmm. Yeah. I dont think so. Daniels had to get a doctors waiver to play. The first doctor said no because he was too skinny. The second doctor they went to allowed it. 

RPE-HSFOOTBALL-1223-03TP_279318411.jpg?w=620

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Redskin21502 said:

I just got done talking to a good friend of mine who is an Arizona State alum and Patriots fan. He badly wants Daniels to slide to the Pats. Mind you Daniels spurned his beloved Sun Devils a few years ago but he does not blame him at all. He’s says how much of a mess things were under Herm the last few years. Big divide and separation with the coaching staff and downright nasty stuff going on behind the scenes. His wife actually works in the athletic department with another sport so he knows some things. 

Anyway, he brought up something that I hadn’t noticed with the talk with Daniels. He compares him a lot to Joe Burrow. Obviously not in style but in that both were transfers, both played at LSU, both in school 5 years, both had amazing WRs their Heisman winning year (Burrow even more so than Daniels) and both had 1 of the best passing seasons of all time before entering the draft. Burrow didn’t play as much before the breakout season but Daniels had some pretty good years with one bad one (last year in Tempe). Daniels started day 1 on campus and only threw 2 picks out of 338 passes as a true freshman. 

None of this dispels the thought of his frame or possible injury but speaks to his passing ability. I think many under value how good he’s been throwing the ball for the most part of his college career. 

I’ve been shouting this from the roof tops. He adjusted his game too after his first season at LSU and actually listened to the coaches on what he could work and improve upon. I expect that to continue at the next level.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

this_is_bullshit_the_wire.gif

Damn.

I can't remember names like I used to, but what a loss. A much underappreciated character actor. Who never got that great defining role, as a leading man, that he deserved.

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, jg77 said:

36 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

36 here.

35 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

33 over here.

27 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

49 here

7 minutes ago, sinews said:

40 yo here.

Children, the lot o ya! Freaking kids.

You've transitioned from saying “These damn kids!” ironically to saying it  with total sincerely. | Clint eastwood, Clint, Get off my lawn

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, jg77 said:

We will have a slight QB but it won't be Jayden...it'll be JJ.  I'm sticking with him as the surprise pick at #2.

One can hope but it looks like Daniels.  Many will be unhappy after he gets broke in two.  Already has experienced a concussion in the Alabama game last year.  I will still root for him though to 1) put on 20 lbs. and keep it on and 2) Be successful and have a long, healthy career.  Maybe they need to put odds out on that now like they did about him and the other becoming the #2 pick.  

• Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I can't remember names like I used to, but what a loss

Lance Reddick and you're absolutely right, major loss. He was brilliant–and not just in The Wire! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

35 yo here. Too young to remember the '91 Super Bowl run.

When I first really started watching religiously, it was the Gus Frerotte show. Countless QB's and 1st round busts, and the cycle continued until the RG3 fiasco finally broke me. Vowed I'd never get excited about a 1st round QB again.

Regardless who we take tomorrow night, and I won't share my preference publicly, I will not have any expectations. This is a tough position in a tough league, and I won't crown any rookie QB until they take us to multiple deep playoff runs. 

Having said that, I would be nice to finally have the same QB for more than 4 years for a change.

• Like 4