Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randal 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariota and Fromm battle for QB2 and so begins the Handsome Harem for Hartman

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Kirk vs RG3 was a light argument. Are you kidding? The fan base has been at war since the 70s. Sonny v Billy, Schroeder v Williams. Williams v Rypien. Rypien v Humphries v Conklin. Ferrotte v Shuler. Gannon, Trent green, Brad Johnson, Geoff George. Brunel v Ramsey v Colins v Campbell. All way worse! 😂 

I was worried it was going to be boring this year. I’m not calling either a bust like I normally would. I really like Brissett and I could really like Howell but the whole chicken nugget eating at a steak house gives me pause. I’m team Brissett at the moment.

The scary part is I believe that your biggest hang up with Howell is the kind of food he enjoys.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yall forget the kind of madness Griffin v Kirk devolved into.

That was infuriating. Imagine what it was like for me back then. Knowing I’m right and having to hold back on telling people how ****ing stupid and worthless their brains are.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

We had an entire thread dedicated to a QB's ugliness being a factor on whether you can win a Super Bowl with him or not lol...

Ugly guys needing to be that much more confident in themselves is the kind of rock solid findings you can bank on.

Cant build around it tho. Gotta have a pretty-boi.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The scary part is I believe that your biggest hang up with Howell is the kind of food he enjoys.

If he was super healthy like Brady non issue. He literally takes breaded nuggets with him to a steak house in case they don’t have it. He eats like a toddler. Plus he’s kinda pudgy. Yes the diet is a red flag.

Who has never eaten a burger? He’s an all American athlete and star QB his whole life and he never had a Big Mac! But he will scarf down nuggets with ease. What the hell. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Yup. Now half the fanbase is going to be pushing for Brissett. And even if Howell (when) wins the job they’ll say it’s Ron playing favorites or make up something.

Going to be a long year. :ols:

Look at it this way: it's better than part of the fan base pushing for  [REDACTED]😛😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, samy316 said:

Not you, but I don't know how anyone can claim that this will be different this year.  We don't know anything about Howell yet, so we can't just assume that things won't be the same or worse.  I'm skeptical that this will work out (I think being skeptical of anything the team does is at least reasonable, if not smart).  If it doesn't work out, I want to be as close to the Top 5 in the 2024 draft as humanely possible.  I want us to be right there to draft one of the top QB's in next year's draft.  I want to get either Caleb Williams, or Drake Maye.  I want a resolution either way.  No more finishing 7-10 or 8-9, and not having enough capital to move up in the draft.  If we're going to miss the playoffs this upcoming season (which is very likely), then I want the team to suck as bad as it can.

That's gonna be highly unlikely when RR is trying to keep his job.

This year is absolutely pivotal for him, so I'm guessing he goes full hog with his plan. 

No more excuses.

PS: Just saw the Brisset signing. He seems like a good journeyman QB (4 teams in 7 years in the NFL). 

I guess some competition is good.

Edited by El Mexican

1 minute ago, BleedBNG said:

If Hendon Hooker is still available in the 2nd round, should we get him? Some pundits think he'll be better than Levis. I don't know.

I see a few teams are hosting him for their Top 30 interviews. But, No. If he falls a few rounds later, like the 4th. Sure. Not that you need him next year. But with his ACL tear, he's a guy I'd want to IR his entire rookie year to give that over a full year to recover and then some before OTAs '25.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

I'd want to IR his entire rookie year to give that over a full year to recover and then some before OTAs '25.

Hooker will be 30 years old by then. 🤣

He's from Greensboro and his dad was a legend at NCA&T so I'm rooting for him to succeed. I'd pass on him tho. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan is going to insufferable this off season, I bet pushing Brissett as the starter.

Easy solution.  Don’t listen to him. He’s gone from DC sports radio icon to insufferable grumpy self important boomer jackass.

I tune in occasionally for specific topics. The day after EB signed, and yesterday.  It was amusing having Squeaky say Ron back stabbed [REDACTED] and go on and on about how our former terrible backup QB was mis-treated, and Sheehan basically told him to shove it. 

So, at least Sheehan isn’t the literal worst self important, egoistical grumpy boomer on the air waves.  Yes second next to his own partner. 

• Thumb up 1

Another surprise!

I initially wanted Brissett but then figured he'd be too expensive and want to go somewhere with a shot to start. I wanted to spend $5M or less on a backup and thought it would be Dalton or Heinicke.

Then Dalton and Heinicke got bigger deals than I anticipated, and it turns out we ponied up for Brissett after all. *And* it seems like he'll have a legitimate shot to be starter if he beats out Howell.

Initially, I was all in on Howell starting. But Ron knows he has to win this year, and hell if Brissett really truly gives them a better chance to win than Sam, why not play him and give Sam another chance to sit and learn while working on picking up EB's offense? This will be Howell's 3rd offense in 3 years for what it's worth.   

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Know what?  I am fully on board because I JUST found out that Shane Buechele is the son of Steve Buechele.  And that name might not mean anything to you, but when you're 8 years old in the summer of '89 and ripping through packs of Upper Deck trying to find Ripkens and Griffeys and coming up with nothing but Steve Buecheles and Luis Polonias, you tend to remember a mother****er.  

Hell yeah!  89 UD Griffey rookie is bank!  I have an 89 UD full set, still sealed.  It's worth whatever Griffey is worth + $5 for everybody else.  I recently pulled my sports card collection out of storage and found a couple of Theismann rookies, a Riggins rookie, bunch of Monks, Greens, Clarks....  1980 Lavender and Parrish.  Those guys were money.  Too bad they spent it on coke.

• Like 1

• Koolblue13 changed the title to The Official QB Thread- The Time is Howell! Welcome to Sam's Club, The Place where you get 2 starters for a discount. I Ain't Upset with Brissett!

We have the 2 QBs that I wanted to start for us this coming year. **** YES!

From no starters, to two!

Falcons have Ridder and Sneakers.  :ols:  what a waste of talent.

We're a 10+ win team today. Somehow, getting Brissett makes me happier about EB. Just a ton of fire we didn't have.

**** you Taylor! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

@Koolblue13 I told you......12 hours ago, I told you this would happen. Didn't think it would be this fast though. The merry go round goes round and round. Some will want Brisset to start day one.

I don't care. I'm totally in Howell camp.

Or have been.

But I'm totally great with Jaco starting

I legit don't care. Best QB room we've had since 2012, if not better, cause we didn't throw the future away to do it.

No trades this offseason. No over paying anyone. 2 legit starters on the team.

It's amazing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't care. I'm totally in Howell camp.

Or have been.

But I'm totally great with Jaco starting

I legit don't care. Best QB room we've had since 2012, if not better, cause we didn't throw the future away to do it.

No trades this offseason. No over paying anyone. 2 legit starters on the team.

It's amazing.

Glad you are happy and thats the truth.  But two legit starters? Gotta call you on this one. I'm excited about Howell...but his "legit starter" badge has yet to be applied. I will review after 20 games and hopefully concur. Brissett is on his 5th team and has still not received his "legit starter" badge. I will agree that things haven't gone his way on the last two teams and he may show promise given time, but it seems like a quadruple retread mentor thing to me.

• Thumb down 1

4 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Glad you are happy and thats the truth.  But two legit starters? Gotta call you on this one. I'm excited about Howell...but his "legit starter" badge has yet to be applied. I will review after 20 games and hopefully concur. Brissett is on his 5th team and has still not received his "legit starter" badge. I will agree that things haven't gone his way on the last two teams and he may show promise given time, but it seems like a quadruple retread mentor thing to me.

Cool. Find me in the next offseason and tell me I'm an idiot.

Right now, I'm excited.

L-M-A-O at the sudden surge of optimism signing Jacoby Brissett.  Coming from the same people who thought Heinicke was a loser who was not clutch.  And no, I didn't care if Heinicke was back and was on board with Minshew or Dalton.  Ya'll better hope Howell is the answer.  Or if you hate Rivera and want him gone, maybe not.  

• Thumb down 1