Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Man the Sam’s Club will be sad in 24, if he doesn’t work out and he gets the boot with the new regime.

I think you all are expecting way to much from what will essentially be his first season starting.

You must be really fun at parties

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Man the Sam’s Club will be sad in 24, if he doesn’t work out and he gets the boot with the new regime.

I think you all are expecting way to much from what will essentially be his first season starting.

Best Hooray GIFs | Gfycat

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

You, sir, are a never-ending ray of sunshine. 👍

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I'm not. Take a look at my sig. See who I drafted in the 6th round in the 2021 ES Mock Draft?

Shane Buechele. 

He is the unknown GOAT. The Dream Maker. The key to our offseason success.

You can be a hater all you want, sir. But you won't take my enthusiasm. 

Did KC actually extend an offer to him ? If not, I would not discount him ending up here if EB thought enough about him, as roster depth if nothing else.

Considering that 88 is basically our Costanza, everything he says the opposite always happens. Like always. It's amazing.

That was the best endorsement for Howell that we could have hoped for. 

I'm now assuming he goes to the probowl.

• Haha 10

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I'm not. Take a look at my sig. See who I drafted in the 6th round in the 2021 ES Mock Draft?

Shane Buechele. 

He is the unknown GOAT. The Dream Maker. The key to our offseason success.

You can be a hater all you want, sir. But you won't take my enthusiasm. 

Know what?  I am fully on board because I JUST found out that Shane Buechele is the son of Steve Buechele.  And that name might not mean anything to you, but when you're 8 years old in the summer of '89 and ripping through packs of Upper Deck trying to find Ripkens and Griffeys and coming up with nothing but Steve Buecheles and Luis Polonias, you tend to remember a mother****er.

Even at that age, I knew Steve Buechele had some ridiculous hair.  

s-l1600.jpg

So that's Shane Buechele's dad.  He just might be the GOAT, dream maker you say he is.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Did KC actually extend an offer to him ? If not, I would not discount him ending up here if EB thought enough about him, as roster depth if nothing else.

I'm really not joking. I MAY have hyperbolized his placement as NFL QB2 (only behind Howell) by about, oh, 30-40 players. But he's close to NFL QB2. 

Anyways... I really think he'd be a great fit for the role. 

• Haha 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I'm really not joking. I MAY have hyperbolized his placement as NFL QB2 (only behind Howell) by about, oh, 30-40 players. But he's close to NFL QB2. 

Anyways... I really think he'd be a great fit for the role. 

I’m not either. If we’re going all in on Howell I’ll take this guy onboard, no hesitation.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Wait....you mean it will be different this time unlike the last 25+ years?

13 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Why panic?

Either Sam balls it and we find our franchise qb or he sucks eggs and we draft high enough to get that franchise qb in the 24 draft.

Hope Howell delivers. I REALLY do.

Don't know if I can stand another season where our average margin of victory is 1.5 points.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Funny...I spent 11 years of my Naval Career in Silverdale, WA. Bremerton was a ****hole..... Spent many hours in the shipyard. 

Howell will reign Supreme. 

I ran a high end stereo shop in Bremerton, and Silverdale later. Great area but B-town was a dump. 😛

Loved the Hood Canal loop and had a lot of customers from Bangor NSB ( the nuke sub guys were great), NUWES (I wanted to be an amateur contributor 😁) and PSNS. Great customers for the kind of gear I carried.

Per topic😆, I have hopes for Howell that I think are merited but am so used to life as a fan of this team for six decades that I'm rarely "optimistic" 😏

11 hours ago, goskins10 said:

they are all rookies until they are not.  Not sure what there is to panic about.  Plenty of time if that’s even what they want.  

I agree 100%. But there are rookies and then there are rookies playing for WSH.

It's different, bro.

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

How is pointing out that our QB situation was brittle with or without him living dangerously? 

Our QB depth scares nobody. It didn't last year, but right now we're a nasty hit on Howell from throwing in the season.

And that's assuming he's good, which we don't know with absolute certainty.

18 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

Hope Howell delivers. I REALLY do.

Don't know if I can stand another season where our average margin of victory is 1.5 points.

Not you, but I don't know how anyone can claim that this will be different this year.  We don't know anything about Howell yet, so we can't just assume that things won't be the same or worse.  I'm skeptical that this will work out (I think being skeptical of anything the team does is at least reasonable, if not smart).  If it doesn't work out, I want to be as close to the Top 5 in the 2024 draft as humanely possible.  I want us to be right there to draft one of the top QB's in next year's draft.  I want to get either Caleb Williams, or Drake Maye.  I want a resolution either way.  No more finishing 7-10 or 8-9, and not having enough capital to move up in the draft.  If we're going to miss the playoffs this upcoming season (which is very likely), then I want the team to suck as bad as it can.

Edited by samy316

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

Not you, but I don't know how anyone can claim that this will be different this year.  We don't know anything about Howell yet, so we can't just assume that things won't be the same or worse.  I'm skeptical that this will work out (I think being skeptical of anything the team does is at least reasonable, if not smart).  If it doesn't work out, I want to be as close to the Top 5 in the 2024 draft as humanely possible.  I want us to be right there to draft one of the top QB's in next year's draft.  I want to get either Caleb Williams, or Drake Maye.  I want a resolution either way.  No more finishing 7-10 or 8-9, and not having enough capital to move up in the draft.  If we're going to miss the playoffs this upcoming season (which is very likely), then I want the team to suck as bad as it can.

If this team starts to normal Ron form, you may get your chance as Ron unlikely finishes the season. If Ron finishes the season, then usual 7-8 wins.

It’s 4pm, is Lamar waiting by his phone or is he dialing up teams?

Edited by 88Comrade2000

Looks like we got Jacoby.

About what I figure we needed. An actual starter type.

Can't walk out there with just Howell, badly needed a guy who could feasibly start, even if he takes the oppo away from Sam.

I don't think its a slam dunk that Jacoby starts tho, and I don't see it as a lack of faith in Howell. No team in the NFL was just going to hand a starting job to a guy in his situation. He will have to earn it from an actual QB competition.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I think we just got a lot better in the QB room.

My guess is they draft a guy in the mid to late rounds.  

One of my (amongst a LONG list) of reasons not to bring back TH was there is no way he could be a legitimate threat to start against Howell. 

Brissett can legitimately compete for the starting job.

I like that.  

• Like 2

I was early in stating Brissett was among my fave possibilities out of who was likely to be a real option, though I acknowledged the injury concerns. I'm good with the choice. So far I almost feel like we're dealing with a competent front office on and off the field, while still holding Ron as a mediocre guy as a HC in a number of ways. But with EB on board I'm in the camp that it means offensive weaknesses are going to be notably improved.

Back up qb mattered to me and now I'm actually a little bit optimistic about next year.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1