Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

7 hours ago, El Mexican said:

Ohh baby, you guys really like to live dangerously.

How is pointing out that our QB situation was brittle with or without him living dangerously? 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Why panic?

Either Sam balls it and we find our franchise qb or he sucks eggs and we draft high enough to get that franchise qb in the 24 draft.

Most everybody is on board that Howell is QB1, What about QB2 if Howell goes down ? Some don't want a Vet looking over Howell's shoulder? Some do not want for other reasons? Some want to use draft for a backup? Some want to bring in QB's that failed ElseWare as mentors.  Myself it's the draft with maybe Matty as the only one in the 10/15 mil max. I would bring in as a mentor as it was stated he is a free   agent now. Not thinking Ron could pull that off though.  

Edited by skinsfan66

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

Most everybody is on board that Howell is QB1, What about QB2 if Howell goes down ? Some don't want a Vet looking over Howell's shoulder? Some do not want for other reasons? Some don't want

For me it has nothing to do with someone looking over Sam's shoulders. There is always someone looking over your shoulder in the NFL, leterally always. For me it's a waste of resources. Anyone capable of savingh the season if Sam goes down or sucks is going to cost too much. Anyone else you may as well get another rookie who still has potential but a much lower pirce tag. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

For me it has nothing to do with someone looking over Sam's shoulders. There is always someone looking over your shoulder in the NFL, leterally always. For me it's a waste of resources. Anyone capable of savingh the season if Sam goes down or sucks is going to cost too much. Anyone else you may as well get another rookie who still has potential but a much lower pirce tag. 

Agreed. Or when I put Davis Mills out as an option, it’s someone on a rookie contract for a couple more seasons. Little more than a Mil per season.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Agree tired of bring in castoffs who eat the cap / draft picks go to the draft instead of failures of other teams. Take that shot. Matty is the only teacher I would want handling Howell.

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Your posts are tater'd up. They no makey sensy to me.

I will try again. I do not want to sign QB fa no.9 to fail again.  Only one I would take a chance on as a Mentor to Howell and backup but the tag will be to high. So I am all for using a draft pick for a backup. 

Just now, skinsfan66 said:

I will try again. I do not want to sign QB fa no.9 to fail again.  Only one I would take a chance on as a Mentor to Howell and backup but the tag will be to high. So I am all for using a draft pick for a backup. 

Why are you against having a back up QB with experience?

We will most likely be drafting a QB as is.

I totally forgot about Cooper Rush.  Teddy Bridgewater would be a no for me solely for injury concerns.  If I had a crystal ball and could guarantee he would never see the field, I coudl live with Brissett.  Minshew is still my #1 pick.  I think he's the one that would push Howell the most.

• Like 1

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

Why are you against having a back up QB with experience?

We will most likely be drafting a QB as is.

I am against a QB that has nothing to offer the team. We have been down that road to many times. Matty is the exception right now for me, he is proven and not some spot starter backup. How manty times do we need to go down that road, prefer the rookie backup. just my opinion. Wanted TH because he was already here and would not have paid him that money either. He is gone, he its over don't care but never wanted to bring in a replacement low level back up, that's it.  Makes since to me.

3 minutes ago, method man said:

He was bad last year. Isn’t it telling to you that the Eagles seem to be moving on from him?

Not really. They’re set with Hurts and I’m sure Minshew is looking for a chance to play. 

Not sure how much I’d factor in what he did last year (which admittedly I did not watch any of). That entire offense was designed around Hurts. Tough to just plug Minshew in and expect them to not miss a beat. 

1 minute ago, TheGoodBits said:

Not really. They’re set with Hurts and I’m sure Minshew is looking for a chance to play. 

Not sure how much I’d factor in what he did last year (which admittedly I did not watch any of). That entire offense was designed around Hurts. Tough to just plug Minshew in and expect them to not miss a beat. 

I could be wrong but I doubt he thought a team somewhere would give him a legit chance to start. I could be wrong - he supposedly wanted a chance to beat out Hurts in 2021 after beating the Jets

Minshew was garbage last year and the sole reason the Eagles lost any games outside of our ball control game. 

They let him go because they need a decent back up for when Hurts is injured. Minshew is not.

Minshew is as bad as Heinicke.

• Like 1