Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

There's no real downside with Howell. If he's good, it means we're going to win 10+ games and make a run. If he stinks, we'll probably end up picking top 5 in a stacked QB class with a new regime taking over.

Except, it's been established that this team isn't terrible outside of the QB.  It's not like they suck on both sides of the ball and have no weapons, etc.  They're not bottom feeders enough to get to the top of the draft.  

• Like 1

Just now, justice98 said:

Except, it's been established that this team isn't terrible outside of the QB.  It's not like they suck on both sides of the ball and have no weapons, etc.  They're not bottom feeders enough to get to the top of the draft.  

Actually we sucked on the OL side though this year. So as long as that issue gets addressed and we further improve the defense and maybe a kicker we should be at least competitive in 2023. 

9 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I never got that mindset either.

Unless Howell had money on the other team and actively handed the ball off to opposing defenders instead of the RB, I don't see how he could possibly drag us down further than the QB play we had last year, certainly not to the point where we got a pick good enough to lock in a franchise QB in 2024.

The worst case scenario of just having Howell and him bombing out was the same as last year. Mid-round selection. The surrounding roster will carry us to wins regardless of a potential mess at QB.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

Brissett kind of messes up my 'win with Howell' or 'Tank with Howell' and no in-between hopes. 

But Ron has never been ok with that kind of thinking, so, I suppose this is a good thing. If nothing else they are making good moves and im always in favor of that. 

2 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I never got that mindset either.

Unless Howell had money on the other team and actively handed the ball of to opposing defenders instead of the RB, I don't see how he could possibly drag us down further than the QB play we had last year, certainly not to the point where we got a pick good enough to lock in a franchise QB in 2024.

The worst case scenario of just having Howell and him bombing out was the same as last year. Mid-round selection.

It was less than a year ago I believe we started the season with a historically bad defense out of nowhere. Its never out of the question here. But ultimately you are probably right. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1

Brissett is a very underrated baller. With our D and weapons the dude can easily take us to the playoffs. Howell needs to step up.

I’m good with rolling with Brissett. Howell obviously has a bigger upside but the dude needs to go all in and it starts with eating a burger or steak. 😂 

• Haha 9

Just now, KDawg said:

Yup. Now half the fanbase is going to be pushing for Brissett. And even if Howell (when) wins the job they’ll say it’s Ron playing favorites or make up something.

Going to be a long year. :ols:

It could have been worse, for which we have the Falcons to thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yup. Now half the fanbase is going to be pushing for Brissett. And even if Howell (when) wins the job they’ll say it’s Ron playing favorites or make up something.

Yeah I wanted Brissett badly.  Yet I don't see him as a starter here.  to me from the context of Howell..

A. Provides insurance in case something goes awry ala injuries

B.  High character, classy player who won't whine about being on the bench

c.  Just good enough to push Howell in a competiton that I believe Howell wins

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

If we had Brissett starting instead of Wentz last year we are in the playoffs. The dude balled for Cleveland. He’s sneaky good. I don’t care if it’s Howell or Beissett. Whoever gets us more Ws should start. The NFC is the weakest it has been in forever. You get to the playoffs and anything can happen.

• Like 6

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

If we had Brissett starting instead of Wentz last year we are in the playoffs. The dude balled for Cleveland. He’s sneaky good. I don’t care if it’s Howell or Beissett. Whoever gets us more Ws should start. The NFC is the weakest it has been in forever. You get to the playoffs and anything can happen.

No doubt.  8th in QBR, PFF had him ranked highly too.  Had a good season. 

• Like 2

I've been a fan of Brisset since he had to get a baptism by fire with the Colts. He's not awesome, but he quietly does his job like a good backup should. Fans can make it rough, but I doubt Brisset is going to take any Sundays off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Oh its going to be much worse than you are giving it credit for lol. Yall forget the kind of madness Griffin v Kirk devolved into. Its going to happen again. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Oh its going to be much worse than you are giving it credit for lol. Yall forget the kind of madness Griffin v Kirk devolved into. Its going to happen again. 

Kirk vs RG3 was a light argument. Are you kidding? The fan base has been at war since the 70s. Sonny v Billy, Schroeder v Williams. Williams v Rypien. Rypien v Humphries v Conklin. Ferrotte v Shuler. Gannon, Trent green, Brad Johnson, Geoff George. Brunel v Ramsey v Colins v Campbell. All way worse! 😂 

I was worried it was going to be boring this year. I’m not calling either a bust like I normally would. I really like Brissett and I could really like Howell but the whole chicken nugget eating at a steak house gives me pause. I’m team Brissett at the moment.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Career year, other stats years not so good, good guy, fits team, 1 year contract, 30old vet, not many wins last year, price is right, 9th QB for Ron, Got some wheels. Not a bad back up spot starter.  now draft another rookie. Why has he not signed before now?  Blue light special. Hope Howell lights it up and becomes a home grown product that makes it, been  too long.  Glad its done. 

• Like 1