Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's getting Twilght Zone level weird debating these points. 

Don’t be dramatic. 

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You talk about taking on Derek Carr's salary.  My point is maybe you don't have to take on the salary citing these other QB trades.  Then you fire back about how those trades were good for the team because those teams didn't have to take on the full salary, etc.  Yeah all you are doing is repeating my point and acting like its you making the point and explaining my same point back to me as if I need the explanation from you.

My FIRST (I can capitalize as well) response in this back and forth I STATED if Raiders were willing to take on cap hit I’d be interested. Did this not showcase I understand teams trading the QB can take on a cap hit? I was attempting to have a nuanced discussion about differences of other QB contracts vs Carr, but you appear stuck on “YOUR” idea. 

I’ll keep it moving after this post as I’m admittedly annoyed lol :) 

Until next time my friend…

Edited by wit33

6 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Wentz can definitely sling it, no doubt.  But the sacks are inexcusable.  TH understands the game better, plain and simple. 

he understands the offense better and has that sixth sense of feeling pressure. I wish I could say Wentz was the better option, but I think its a toss up with Wentz having the higher ceiling and the lower basement due to whatever factors

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, wit33 said:

My FIRST (I can capitalize as well) response in this back and forth I STATED if Raiders were willing to take on cap hit I’d be interested. Did this not showcase I understand teams trading the QB can take on a cap hit? I was attempting to have a nuanced discussion about differences of other QB contracts vs Carr, but you appear stuck on “YOUR” idea. 

I’ll keep it moving after this post as I’m admittedly annoyed lol :) 

Until next time my friend…

You keep questioning the examples I used of how it worked with teams taking on the salary with you explaining to me in response its apples to oranges to Carr.   We don't know how it ends wtih Carr, I was saying I'd like it to be about said examples.

It's like me saying apples can be red and can be green and in this case I prefer green.  And you explaining to me that you don't want a red apple and green is the better way to go.  Just basically repeating my point.

lol, i don't get the whole drill that you were doing.  It came off like you weren't reading my post at all or just wanted to own the same point I was making for whatever reason to explain it back to me.

It's cool.  I gather its just miscommunication.   

Edited by Skinsinparadise

27 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I hope that's not a suggestion that we keep him the starter for two more years!

no, but he keeps getting us wins. This coaching staff would be idiots not to extend him for backup pay. Id wish him the best if he got paid elsewhere though. We need to draft our guy at QB and that doesnt mean we have to be a **** team for a top 3 pick.

Edited by dunfer

56 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Comparable performance from Heinicke for less than a tenth of the salary. And you get all the intangibles for free.

It's actually tempting to consider re-signing him to a modest two-year deal and spending the savings on OLs and LBs.

And start who, exactly? Heinicke isn't a starting NFL QB. The Commanders have been very clear on that. There's zero chance they go into a season with him as the starter.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

And start who, exactly? Heinicke isn't a starting NFL QB. The Commanders have been very clear on that. There's zero chance they go into a season with him as the starter.

IMO, you give all the starting reps to Howell (unless they land a 1st rounder).  Hope it works out.

I’m not sure the team doesn’t see him as starting caliber, but I’d at least bet they don’t see him as an average starter (let alone above average, good, or elite).  So it makes sense they’ve been desperate for an upgrade.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

I hope that's not a suggestion that we keep him the starter for two more years!

It's a suggestion that he starts until Howell or a rookie QB beats him out for the job.

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The chance isn't large, but it also isn't zero. If Heinicke takes them into the playoffs and wins a game or two, it might well be on the table.

I realize this notion will cause you to experience anguish and outrage, but that's life in the big city.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

The chance isn't large, but it also isn't zero. If Heinicke takes them into the playoffs and wins a game or two, it might well be on the table.

I realize this notion will cause you to experience anguish and outrage, but that's life in the big city.

It's zero unless Heinicke starts tossing 4 TDs per game for 400 yards and dominating through the air against our remaining opponents. He's the exact same guy he was last year and they made it very clear that they didn't see him as a legit starter. 

There's no chance they go into next season with him as the starter. Zip.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's zero unless Heinicke starts tossing 4 TDs per game for 400 yards and dominating through the air against our remaining opponents. He's the exact same guy he was last year and they made it very clear that they didn't see him as a legit starter. 

There's no chance they go into next season with him as the starter. Zip.

Karate%2Bkid.jpg

There's always a chance.

Edited by Kelvin Bryant

Not surprised Wentz is superior statistically. Even the sacks are closer than they look if you add 100+ pass attempts to Heinicke’s numbers. But… it’s that immeasurable “play for/with him” factor for Heinicke. That’s the thing that isn’t measured and can’t be that props him up. It’s wild if you think about it. 

We dont get too many quality wins around here so beating one of the best teams in football is not something that happens by luck.  Its crazy how close we were to beating two top 5 teams in the league back to back.

I do like how they are handling the QB situation by not making any promises to anyone. I think it will keep Heinicke and the team focused.

• Like 1

Starting to turn into group think here on the sack numbers.

For crying outloud, 9 of them came in one game to arguably the best team in the conference that knew him as well as anyone.

He's also noticeable throwing the ball more the Taylor, which can lead to a high number of sacks.

It was also out of control how bad the oline was in the Lions game, folks were starting to post stuff like the oline might end the season by themselves at rate we was going.

That's not to say Wentz didn't bring some of it on himself, he did, jus piling on that difference in sack numbers without discussing context like it's a Trump card is getting annoying to watch.

• Like 1