Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Important and valued aren't the words for that.

Take from it what you will, but reading between the lines it sure sounds like he’s going with Heinicke.  Speaking on the momentum factor I think was a good enough hint, considering Wentz has no momentum being on IR.

I think Ron is just being a professional and not going to say Wentz lost his job to injury before he gets a chance to talk to him.

• Like 1

I think Ron really wants to start Wentz, but knows it will cause major drama. 

Taylor's limitations are too hard for him to accept. It's why he went and got Carson in the first place.

He's clearly torn. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Ron should put Wentz in for the Texans game when we are up by 45 points and there are 4 minutes left in the 4th qtr. This will show him/us if the real Wentz is back or not. 

Wentz should not touch the field at all unless Heinike gets hurt or he is only guaranteed to get 69% of the seasons snaps. There is no way I want anything to do with giving up a second rounder for him.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Take from it what you will, but reading between the lines it sure sounds like he’s going with Heinicke.  Speaking on the momentum factor I think was a good enough hint, considering Wentz has no momentum being on IR.

I think Ron is just being a professional and not going to say Wentz lost his job to injury before he gets a chance to talk to him.

It's fair to point to the momentum quote, same as Ron pointing out he can't get his job back unless he's healthy enough to prove he deserves it over Taylor on the practice field.

I see a lot of posts, no yours, talking about how the team loves Taylor and hates Wentz.  Nah, anyone who's played at any level knows pretty much every chance the QB has to get out the way of a play they do, so when I've seen Wentz lead block at least 3 times this year and straight rock someone's soul in the Chicago Gamez I know he has the locker rooms respect.

The question really comes to who gives team best chance to win.  Wentz can't come into practice and kinda look better then Taylor, he has to look like that dude we saw in the Jaguars game.  At the point it's the decision everyone associated with that team is afraid to make, Wentz deserves the right to force it based on the goal being what we do in January and February, not jus October and November.

Can't call Wentz valuable and important at $20 million a year sitting on the bench, not how that works at this level, benching him is cutting him, he knows that, everyone knows that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I think Ron really wants to start Wentz, but knows it will cause major drama. 

Taylor's limitations are too hard for him to accept. It's why he went and got Carson in the first place.

He's clearly torn. 

I can understand being torn. But it’s not a coincidence they suddenly look like the team we envisioned, minus the passing 👀 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I can understand being torn. But it’s not a coincidence they suddenly look like the team we envisioned, minus the passing 👀 

Taylor has guts, but he has been lucky.  How many potential INTs have been dropped?  Sooner or later, it'll come back and bite him. I want Howell to get PT to see what we have in him personally.

• Like 2

If the team had gone 4-2 instead of 2-4 with Carson; he’d be returning to the lineup.

The fact Ron’s choice for qb was a bust should seal his long term fate. The fact his choice for qb basically lost his job to the incumbent backup; not good.

That will be the #1 topic of discussion with his future boss.

12 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Wentz should not touch the field at all unless Heinike gets hurt or he is only guaranteed to get 69% of the seasons snaps. There is no way I want anything to do with giving up a second rounder for him.

True. Didn't even think about that. Good call. Put Howell in then for mop up duties. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ron seems like too straight an arrow to BS him.

It’s not BS to want to talk to a guy to his face before talking about such a big decision in the media, and many players aren’t really in the building on Tuesday after a MNF game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I don’t know what to think of Terry at this point. He’s great but at the same time there’s 10 guys I’d have in front of him. 

To say this after what McClaurin did to Jaire Alexander and Darius Slay is interesting. Both Corners have strapped up WRs you would rank ahead of #17.

• Like 7

Ron also said that the doctors haven't even cleared Wentz to practice yet, so it looks like on a short week, where they have today off, practicing doesn't even begin until Wednesday, it would have taken a significant pace by Wentz to be ready for this Sunday anyway.  I am more talking about the plan once Wentz is actually cleared, healthy, and a full participant in practice.  

Also, because Heinicke is.....Heinicke, what exactly are we going to say his leash is once Wentz actually is ready and able to return?  If Wentz is healthy and on the sidelines and the team ends up losing to Houston or Atlanta, is that the time?   

On paper this team should wreck the Texans, they are on a damn near record pace for giving up rush yards, so part of me thinks the run heavy time of possession scheme will work again this Sunday, but are we looking at another game where it ends up 17-14 because the offense can't score TDs?  This is a 1 win team coming up and if Heinicke goes out there and has another 17/29 211 1INT type game, but the team wins.....?  

The coaches are in a predicament because this isn't a 7-3 team that can afford to take a loss or two to figure things out.   At 5-5, trying to compete for that last wild card spot, basically every single game for the remainder of the season is huge, because unless they get a 2-3 cushion in the win column, any game that results in falling under .500 is devastating.    This "hot hand" stuff needs to be sort of checked, Heinicke's hand is not really that hot, if the team was losing these close games you'd be very justified looking at his performance as a big reason why and probably asking for a change at QB (assuming there was a valid option to go to).   

For now I am trusting the coaches to make the right decision, I just find it difficult to believe that they feel a QB they have basically rejected as a potential starter twice, is now suddenly the QB they think gives the team the best chance to win.  If they do in fact believe that, I think it is way more of an indictment on Wentz than it is an endorsement of Heinicke. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

58 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's fair to point to the momentum quote, same as Ron pointing out he can't get his job back unless he's healthy enough to prove he deserves it over Taylor on the practice field.

I see a lot of posts, no yours, talking about how the team loves Taylor and hates Wentz.  Nah, anyone who's played at any level knows pretty much every chance the QB has to get out the way of a play they do, so when I've seen Wentz lead block at least 3 times this year and straight rock someone's soul in the Chicago Gamez I know he has the locker rooms respect.

The question really comes to who gives team best chance to win.  Wentz can't come into practice and kinda look better then Taylor, he has to look like that dude we saw in the Jaguars game.  At the point it's the decision everyone associated with that team is afraid to make, Wentz deserves the right to force it based on the goal being what we do in January and February, not jus October and November.

Can't call Wentz valuable and important at $20 million a year sitting on the bench, not how that works at this level, benching him is cutting him, he knows that, everyone knows that.

The way he played before getting hurt, makes me feel just fine about him warming up a seat for Heinicke.  He played horrible when he was healthy and not rusty.  I’ve never called him valuable and important enough to be worth $20 million.  Another stupid decision we made.  He’s done or should be.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

If Green Bay rebounds and gets back into contention, we will be rendered mute.

we have the head to head tiebreaker

Commanders fans seem to be the only ones in support of benching Heinicke looking at the reactions to this game

2 hours ago, Conn said:

It’s not BS to want to talk to a guy to his face before talking about such a big decision in the media, and many players aren’t really in the building on Tuesday after a MNF game. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

He wouldn’t be Bs’ing him. He’d know behind the scenes. But these guys play the media like fiddles on purpose.

Either he's committed to Wentz being the starter next year or he's not.  Talking about respect for what he's gone through, this is third year in a row he's going through "will he or won't be here next year talk".

I jus want Ron to stop talking about it now, honestly, I feel bad for Wentz and Taylor.

I imagine Taylor wants to badly believe Ron might finally commit to him after trying to replace him two years in a row.  Wentz jus wants a chance to prove he belongs somewhere after being on his third team in three years.

Whatever decision is made I hope it's in context of what's best for the future, not jus heat of the moment. 

Dont give Taylor the job fully planning to look to upgrade him next year again...like, we all know they will even if they bench Wentz and eventually cut him. 

That's what bothers me most about this conversation.  You can't look at that Colts game and say with a straight face Taylor should be the starter in 2023, what are we doing really at the most important position football?

Wentz can't get comfortable in the offense as well as Taylor has if he doesn't play, either. Winning or not, QB is jus as big a question mark as its ever been here, really no clue what's gonna happen for 2023 or if there's a plan for it right now. Because we aren't acting like we preparing for the 2023 and beyond answer at all. That bill will come due eventually.

1 hour ago, PolarExpress said:

The way he played before getting hurt, makes me feel just fine about him warming up a seat for Heinicke.  He played horrible when he was healthy and not rusty.  I’ve never called him valuable and important enough to be worth $20 million.  Another stupid decision we made.  He’s done or should be.

No one said this after the Jaguars game...no one.  Sounds great now 🙄

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

If Snyder sells the team in the new year, do you guys think there's any chance we sign Tom Brady as a splash and bring back Heinicke to be his backup?

QB room of Brady, Heinicke, Howell would be pretty sick.

You gotta be messing with us. Right???

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, MrJL said:

we have the head to head tiebreaker

Commanders fans seem to be the only ones in support of benching Heinicke looking at the reactions to this game

Im a commanders fan, and I’m in favor of whoever helps this team the most🤷🏻‍♂️ Don’t lump all commanders fans into one group, thanks 

• Thumb up 1

Ok so you're telling me we should bench the guy who went into PHI and won against an 8-0 team?

You guys are delusional. This is Heine's team now. Practically everyone has played better around him. That cannot be quantified.

TH should close this season and that's that. Give Wentz a couple of opportunities in garbage time here and there, but that's it.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1