Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Short leash talk does not bother me very much when we have seen the coaching staff doing everything in their power not to commit to TH over the last several weeks. This is not very different, they just put the words in blunter terms.

We already knew how they felt about the situation. It has not really changed.

3 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Short leash talk does not bother me very much when we have seen the coaching staff doing everything in their power not to commit to TH over the last several weeks. This is not very different, they just put the words in blunter terms.

We already knew how they felt about the situation. It has not really changed.

Yeah but inserting Wentz after TH struggles against this defense seems like it won’t work and is kindof unfair.  

But whatever.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Because not everyone thinks Carr is "meh" like you do.  And this...

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 10.05.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 10.06.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 10.06.31 AM.png

There will be 2-3 teams in the mix, if Washington chooses they will be a finalist. Carr will most likely choose a west coast team if option is available. 

Money, caliber of team and location represents the majority of why a QB chooses a team (IMO). 

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah but inserting Wentz after TH struggles against this defense seems like it won’t work and is kindof unfair.  

But whatever.  

If Wentz gets in, he'll have to play with abandon (not hold the damn ball). This would be his last chance at any good money by staying a starter here. I think it would be fair to give him that last shot at a very good D to prove himself.

4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

If Wentz gets in, he'll have to play with abandon (not hold the damn ball). This would be his last chance at any good money by staying a starter here. I think it would be fair to give him that last shot at a very good D to prove himself.

Yeah without braking first team practice reps having not played in 2 months.  

I get it, life’s not fair.  But it wouldn’t be really that fair. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zCommander said:

The point was it is okay to sit for a year and not see a rook get on the field. It was not a comparison of their abilities. That was silly of you to think otherwise. 

🤷‍♂️ you used the two in comparison, not I.

other than being rookie QBs, that’s about all you have.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Wentz is going to be maddening in his own right. He just looks like a dime after watching a penny or a nickel depending on the day.

Should have been the starter when he was ready to go (IMO, the first Giants game, he could have gone).  TH has been lucky as heck with all the dropped INTs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Imagine that, hitting a WR in stride on a slant.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It’s hard to pull a guy when your winning even if it’s obvious to everyone how bad he sucks.

BB did it with Mac Jones and Zappe.  Ron should have done it weeks ago.  TH has been absolutely horrible 95% of the time.  His # of dropped INTs is comical.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

BB did it with Mac Jones and Zappe.  Ron should have done it weeks ago.  TH has been absolutely horrible 95% of the time.  His # of dropped INTs is comical.  

I feel like he’s merely been reading the locker room.  Maybe he’s a week off, I’m not sure.  But I gather everyone is ready to ride with Wentz now.

I’m sure everyone will say it’s a tough situation but they gotta get behind Wentz or whatever other cliche sayings.

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I feel like he’s merely been reading the locker room.  Maybe he’s a week off, I’m not sure.  But I gather everyone is ready to ride with Wentz now.

I’m sure everyone will say it’s a tough situation but they gotta get behind Wentz or whatever other cliche sayings.

Samuel & Dotson were probably begging for Wentz LOL.  Until the first Giants game, Dotson was invisible in the offense.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

When you watch heinicke you see a guy with guts who's very clearly in over his head.

When you watch wentz you see a guy who has all the physical tools and just looks like he belongs but has too many moments where he just doesn't have the "it" factor to put the team on his back and he tends to crumble under high pressure situations. 

When in doubt I'm going with the guy who at least looks like he belongs in this league. 

• Like 2

I'm a Heinicke supporter, but I'm glad Wentz came in after that int. I was really impressed with Wentz with the playing time and he should finish this season out. When Wentz came in I was worried that he would hold the ball too long and take sacks, but he made quick throws and made great decisions. He still came in prepared and looks like he knows this offense now. We're still the 7th seed so let's see what we got with him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1