Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

41 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The dudes a middling QB, he’ll have 2-4 spots max to go to. DC is an easy sell if you’re into Carr. 

He is going to be the best veteran QB available under 39, with possible Brady and Rodgers as also available.  Rodgers turned 39 in early December.

Carr is a top-15 QB.  He is going to get plenty of opportunity to pick his spot if he is released.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

What’s the line of thought that Carr would want to come to DC?

He has never had a D that has supported him on the other side of the ball. Getting to play alongside our D should be extra appealing to a guy who has never had the luxury.

He is also moving to a new O where the shelf is not completely bare of weapons. He's got some passing options that people would be generally happy to work with in Terry, Dot n Gibby.

If we get a new owner in time, that could be a nice draw as well.

Plus we are not a total dumpster fire record wise. Its nice not to inherent a disaster.

We may not be the most attractive destination, but I think we are much more inviting than we were last year, especially if we have Bezos in tow and the face of our franchise may be first in line for sponsorships due to his wide umbrella of influence.

Kurt Warner who does some QB clinics on you tube including on Wentz which some of us watched, knows the position obviously.

I like making guesses about college QBs as much as anyone else but no doubt its a crap shoot

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I think zero shot he will want to come here unless Dan sells

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 10.06.31 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Once Dan's gone, I think this is an actually desired destination.  A literal fresh start for both sides, and we are a quarterback away from something consistent.  We would make an attractive landing spot once the blight of an owner is gone.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

He has never had a D that has supported him on the other side of the ball. Getting to play alongside our D should be extra appealing to a guy who has never had the luxury.

He is also moving to a new O where the shelf is not completely bare of weapons. He's got some passing options that people would be generally happy to work with in Terry, Dot n Gibby.

If we get a new owner in time, that could be a nice draw as well.

Plus we are not a total dumpster fire record wise. Its nice not to inherent a disaster.

We may not be the most attractive destination, but I think we are much more inviting than we were last year, especially if we have Bezos in tow and the face of our franchise may be first in line for sponsorships due to his wide umbrella of influence.

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kurt Warner who does some QB clinics on you tube including on Wentz which some of us watched, knows the position obviously.

I like making guesses about college QBs as much as anyone else but no doubt its a crap shoot

I think zero shot he will want to come here unless Dan sells

8 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Once Dan's gone, I think this is an actually desired destination.  A literal fresh start for both sides, and we are a quarterback away from something consistent.  We would make an attractive landing spot once the blight of an owner is gone.

A lot of this is contingent on Snyder being gone, the new owner being in place, no other destinations being more suitable. 

I don’t think we have a shot at Carr unless the sale happens in the next month. And is finalized before FA. I’m not sure that happens. And even then I imagine there is going to be other teams who are interested.

If they want to start Wentz, just do it. I don't get the approach - it just puts more pressure on the guy who is starting. At this point, it's like Ron wants Taylor to do so bad he can go "you see, I had no choice" and not lose the locker room. 

Lame. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bacchist said:

If they are planning on yanking Taylor if he has a bad start, they should have kept it closer to the vest. Could be a distraction and self fulfilling prophecy.

Just now, Hooper said:

If they want to start Wentz, just do it. I don't get the approach - it just puts more pressure on the guy who is starting. At this point, it's like Ron wants Taylor to do so bad he can go "you see, I had no choice" and not lose the locker room. 

Lame. 

I bet they’re hoping that the idea of a potential hook puts Heinicke in “Tampa Bay Playoff Game” mode.

I actually really like the strategy.

• Like 7

Just now, KDawg said:

I bet they’re hoping that the idea of a potential hook puts Heinicke in “Tampa Bay Playoff Game” mode.

I actually really like the strategy.

Hope you're right.

I think they're afraid to start Wentz against the 49ers because he'd get killed. But if comes in after Taylor stinks, makes it a lot easier to start Wentz the last two.

If Ron's gut tells him Wentz should be playing, then do it. All the dancing around the past few weeks isn't leadership. And I like Ron.

Just now, Hooper said:

Hope you're right.

I think they're afraid to start Wentz against the 49ers because he'd get killed. But if comes in after Taylor stinks, makes it a lot easier to start Wentz the last two.

If Ron's gut tells him Wentz should be playing, then do it. All the dancing around the past few weeks isn't leadership. And I like Ron.

I also like it because if both ply and both struggle it sets the stage for Howell. Ultimately, we need to see Howell this year. I prefer it sooner than later. Get a sample size and get the plan for 23 one way or another.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I also like it because if both ply and both struggle it sets the stage for Howell. Ultimately, we need to see Howell this year. I prefer it sooner than later. Get a sample size and get the plan for 23 one way or another.

I hope he dresses.  I understand spots are invaluable, but even just as a nod to "we see you" and a note to Heinicke and Wentz of "we see him."

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I can't imagine Howell playing this year barring injury.

Not playing him is a tragically bad move if both QBs are struggling. At some point you have to acquire knowledge for ‘23. Sitting him because “footwork” issues (watch Heinicke’s footwork at times…) is non sense BS. If he can’t play he can’t play. If he looks relatively solid, then play him.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

A lot of this is contingent on Snyder being gone, the new owner being in place, no other destinations being more suitable. 

I don’t think we have a shot at Carr unless the sale happens in the next month. And is finalized before FA. I’m not sure that happens. And even then I imagine there is going to be other teams who are interested.

Agreed, this is all contingent upon Dan, but the agents are going to be privy to things we won't be.

Truthfully, with him gone, I don't know if there's a more suitable spot.  Denver traded everything for Wilson, he's effed and on the wrong side of his career, it shows that landing in the right spot is important.  Green Bay is withering along with Rodgers, who I absolutely do NOT want, so that's not gonna be a good spot to land, either. Tampa is struggling with the GOAT, Carr's not gonna right that ship.

Yes there are other places, but we're a QB and C+ offensive line away.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not playing him is a tragically bad move if both QBs are struggling. At some point you have to acquire knowledge for ‘23. Sitting him because “footwork” issues (watch Heinicke’s footwork at times…) is non sense BS. If he can’t play he can’t play. If he looks relatively solid, then play him.

Agreed, he just has to not look like he's going to be the one to lose the game.  Like that level of confidence in him.  Not that he's going to make a play, not that he's gonna be a hero, just not going to be Dwayne Haskins in his first start.  It's a good amount of pressure with playoffs strongly depending on this, the weather isn't bad, and it's not the home market so they're not gonna boo him any harder than they will any other non-49er.  If they believe that there's a 50/50 of him not being the reason for the loss, then he has to play.

Why would Carr care about ownership? 

It’s about money and chance to win. The veterans jumping teams late in careers are hired mercenaries and should be treated as such. His deal would be 1 year guaranteed with half or fully guaranteed second year. Easy for both sides to get out if desired.

Washington has a strong roster heading into next season, Carr would be fortunate to be considered. 

Muuuuch rather have Wentz in second year at 10-12mil than Carr. Similar caliber of player, Wentz has the edge because he will be in second year in system. Continuity rules all in the NFL!

Edited by wit33

24 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Why would Carr care about ownership? 

It’s about money and chance to win. The veterans jumping teams late in careers are hired mercenaries and should be treated as such. His deal would be 1 year guaranteed with half or fully guaranteed second year. Easy for both sides to get out if desired.

Washington has a strong roster heading into next season, Carr would be fortunate to be considered. 

Muuuuch rather have Wentz in second year at 10-12mil than Carr. Similar caliber of player, Wentz has the edge because he will be in second year in system. Continuity rules all in the NFL!

Because not everyone thinks Carr is "meh" like you do.  And this...

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 10.05.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-24 at 10.06.13 AM.png