Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd really like to see the Commanders trade down in the 1st and possibly in 2nd to acquire more picks.  You can't put all your eggs in one basket.  :)  

On 3/10/2022 at 1:49 PM, Mrshadow008 said:

oh you saw it at the end when it was clearly at the very top of the post or did you read it backwards? 🤔 Never once did I post 1 single excuse for his behavior period. I posted known facts about the case that just seemed odd and very coincidental in the very least. Just like posting that there are 22 women accusing him of something is a known fact. Please point out anywhere in my post did I excuse any accused action of Watson? Here's a hint I didn't. Is there a high likely hood that SOMETHING happened with at least some of these women of course there is. But if accusing someone on an internet message board of excusing someone's behavior for simply pointing out known facts about a highly publicized case helps you sleep at night more power to you 👍

Watson is not coming here.  Just stop already.  

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'd really like to see the Commanders trade down in the 1st and possibly in 2nd to acquire more picks.  You can't put all your eggs in one basket.  :)  

I wouldn't mind us trading back to acquire another first round pick in NEXT years qb super-stocked draft as a hedge in case we are still looking for a signal caller in 2023.

XXX

10 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Only way Watson even considers coming here is if he actually does time in prison and we have a new owner and a new stadium with no leaks and strong railings when he gets out in 5 to 10 years.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I wouldn't mind us trading back to acquire another first round pick in NEXT years qb super-stocked draft as a hedge in case we are still looking for a signal caller in 2023.

I am a little worried that we could go 10-7 without great QB play. Had the 'Girls and the Feebles stayed in 2020 mode, we might have gone 10-7 with TH. Now, with what might be a schedule we better match up against along with an injury free season, I could see us still needing a franchise signal guy to step up and a mid-round number 1 probably doesn't fit the bill.

XXX

Only way Watson even considers coming here is if he actually does time in prison and we have a new owner and a new stadium with no leaks and strong railings when he gets out in 5 to 10 years.

He was at FedEx the day Alex Smith's career basically ended. I believe that if Smith doesn't break his leg, our argument would be over whether we should have extended him last season.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

I am a little worried that we could go 10-7 without great QB play. Had the 'Girls and the Feebles stayed in 2020 mode, we might have gone 10-7 with TH. Now, with what might be a schedule we better match up against along with an injury free season, I could see us still needing a franchise signal guy to step up and a mid-round number 1 probably doesn't fit the bill.

Here is a scenario to consider. We have a weak schedule (on paper) and a motivated QB with several chips on his shoulder and lots to prove in what is effectively a make or break contract year. That translates into a much improved record and some pretty good QB play statistically with some highlight reel plays. End of the season we extend Wentz to a new big deal. 

Then in 2023 everything reverts to the mean - but with us holding the big contract and guaranteed money on Wentz.

Just something to cheer everyone up with.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

I think it was Sheehan's pod from yesterday, he had one of the Indy insiders on and this guy made it sound as if Reich does believe in Wentz but he's run out of equity with the owner and things were out of his hands.

He made it sound as if Reich and Ballard are in preservation mode.

• Like 1

No criminal charges for Watson.  I still don't want to root for a guy like that, but I'm sure plenty of skins fans will be mad we rushed into wentz instead of bidding on DW.  Although today's news only means 9 cases didn't have enough evidence, and there were 20+ complaints.  You never know if more will come out at anytime.

3 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Here is a scenario to consider. We have a weak schedule (on paper) and a motivated QB with several chips on his shoulder and lots to prove in what is effectively a make or break contract year. That translates into a much improved record and some pretty good QB play statistically with some highlight reel plays. End of the season we extend Wentz to a new big deal. 

Then on 2023 everything reverts to the mean - but with us holding the big contract and guaranteed money on Wentz.

That is even darker than mine😭

• Sad 1

Dallas media and their fans are laughing at Washington for trading for Wentz and not waiting for Watson..Watson was never gonna come here if they had waited or not..Secondly Dallas has no business laughing at anyone for trading for a QB..Rumor has it that Amari Cooper called Dak a Black Kirk Cousins after getting beat by the 49ers....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Then on 2023 everything reverts to the mean - but with us holding the big contract and guaranteed money on Wentz.

If Wentz balls out I don’t really see how that could be a problem for us, assuming he can stay healthy. Then he’d know he was “the guy” and Rivera would have a feel for his personality and if it was a good long-term fit. Unless we think he’s a sociopath capable of hiding his real self for an entire season, Wentz balling out and (presumably, if we’re talking hypothetical extension) gelling well with the coaches and team seems like it could be only good. In that case I’d assume we’d feel good about committing  to him?

I realize to some it could seem like a trap but this isn’t like Albert Haynesworth balling in a contract year type stuff—Wentz is known to be a hard worker and dedicated to his craft. His issues were over his fit with management and his sensitivity towards not feeling committed to. So if he’s going to “return to the status quo” I’d think it will be noticed by the staff before committing.

Eagles reporter on Keim's podcast

A.  He's another reporter who understands the deal from the Commanders point of view. 

B.  He thinks losing Deflippio as his QB coach hurt -- he coaches Wentz hard and he seems to get through to him

C.  Super smart guy, football genius.  Said the Eagles were blown away by his football intelligence, says he believes he has a photographic memory

D.  Because he's so smart, its a double edge sword because he is "too smart",  and he has strong convictions based on that and can butt heads with coaches if he disagrees with them ala play design, etc.    

E.  The reporter disagrees that he's a bad locker room guy.  He sees him as a good guy.    Another Eagles reporter on 980 said the same thing.

F.  He's a small circle of friends kind of guy.  Pederson wanted Wentz to reach out to more players on the team beyond his circle of his friends.  But the reporter doesn't think that might be a natural thing for him the way it is for Jalen Hurts.  

G.  Foles leading them to the SB was an awkward dynamic and then when Foles left they drafted Hurts.  So for Wentz it made him feel like he's not their guy especially because they gave Hurts first team reps in the mix from the jump

H.  Hurts and Wentz didn't interact well together. Both Alpha personalities, went both ways inluding Hurts carried himself from the jump like he's the guy.

I.  Thinks this situation might be good for him, a good wake up call.  He might have felt all the issues he had in the past is on Philly.  Now it might give him a different perspective. 

J.  Thinks Wentz playing in this division will be great theater

Said his close friends with the Eagles included:  Jordan Hicks, Zach Ertz.    Ironically both of them are FAs right now. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Stop what exactly? In neither of my posts that you’ve responded to have I once advocated for this organization to trade for Watson. This is twice now you’ve accused me of saying something that I haven’t in two separate posts. In fact if you look at some of my other posts today I’ve posted things in defense of Wentz by pointing out how the colts are doing him dirty hardly advocating to trade for Watson. I’ve made two total posts about Watson and you’re responding to a post that is over 24 hours old when I haven’t said a word about Watson in that time frame. But again you’re telling me to stop but maybe stop putting words in peoples mouths and accusing them of saying things they never said. 

• Thumb down 1

28 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Then in 2023 everything reverts to the mean - but with us holding the big contract and guaranteed money on Wentz.

Sounds like poorly written fan fiction.  Wentz seduces the fan base with anomalously good quarterback play only to hurt us in the long run.  We'll call it "50 shades of Ginger".