Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Ain’ts Drew Brees

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.17.58 PM.png

4 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

playcalling and design is meh. Get Gibson a d mccissic in the backfield together. Turner is awful. 

He’s not awful but running into the lineman is on him. He either doesn’t know how to set up blocks or he can’t find the gap/hole quick enough. 

Edited by dyst

Defense has given up 2 big plays, but otherwise the Saints offense has been pretty ineffective and goes for 1-2 big plays on every drive in order to bail them out.

Offense has a time of possession advantage so severe at this point but it isn't translating into points.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lattimore might be getting the best of Terry here.

With Heinicke, you always have to look at the film, cuz I suspect the All-22 will show Terry getting open.  It always does.  Even several of the incompletions were still Terry beating his guy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is the perfect get right defense for Winston, next week he will be back to his “meh” 150 yard a game average

Winston has played like trash, but our secondary has correspondingly played like ass. It's been a great battle to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fat Stupid Loser said:

Constant commercials have ruined football.  That and yellow numbers on the helmets.

Its even worse when you are at the games. Everyone is just standing around doing nothing. They should pass out beer bongs during commercials at games. Would really liven up the joint. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Because we have so much other talent to pay. I understand the principle you're using but we are not overflowing with talent to pay. We more often waste money. I would keep the DL as they will all only get better vs spending on FAs. We typically see eye to eye but we can agree to disagree on this. 

I’ll debate this some other time. I’ll just conclude in short I don’t think a team wins primarily because of their D line albeit I do think it’s a critical spot. I’ve screamed for years to add to the D line so I appreciate it as much as anybody but I am not having one spot swallow up our cap like crazy.  We have a good D line but a crap back 7 and it adds up so far to being a crap defense.  Eventually I got to pay good money for a LT, a QB, Terry, etc.

And I am in favor of going over the top in spending on the spot but 4 guys at 20 million or more might be going too over the top unless the cap skyrockets 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The QB had the ball 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage in the endzone. 

Right, because it was a run play (edit: from the shotgun) but the snap was bad. The entire O-line is runblocking at the start of the play. So unless he's psychic he's gonna be downfield looking to block the next guy before he realizes it's a bad snap and now a pass play.

Edited by GhostofSparta
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Its even worse when you are at the games. Everyone is just standing around doing nothing. They should pass out beer bongs during commercials at games. Would really liven up the joint. 

Or make it a stadium full of drunken debauchery lol

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1