Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

22 hours ago, ThomasRoane said:

Actually, Holcomb isn't really bad.  He's there he's just not big enough to match up with a TE.  Holcomb on a back isn't a bad match up.  You gotta put Davis on the TE though.  He's got the size and athleticism that you need for some of the better TE's in the game.  Ideally you'd want Curl on the TE but offenses aren't stupid. They know who Curl is now.  So they're forcing him to cover receivers more often it seems.  

I should have clarified that I think he’s been ok at best this year.  He’s got the tools - pretty decent quickness and speed, and he’s an intelligent enough guy it seems - to be above average in coverage.  Overall, not one of the bigger/biggest problems in coverage.  He’s had his issues though, which is why I mentioned him, but just the one time since there are bigger fish to fry (IMO).

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Question:

Why not sign Jamie Collins to the PS and see what he's got left? Wouldn't he be able to add experience to our young defense? 

My concern would be will he take time from Davis?  They have to get and keep 52 on the field.  Don't care about mistakes.  The kid is a special athlete.  

I confess I haven't seen any film on Collins.  Is he an upgrade over Bostic?  Bostic is very smart but his better days as an NFL athlete are behind him.  

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Question:

Why not sign Jamie Collins to the PS and see what he's got left? Wouldn't he be able to add experience to our young defense? 

Bringing in a guy with questionable work ethic and drive sounds harmful.

Edited by PartyPosse

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

Well, there's this:  

Yeah..I seen that clip...has anyone been running around practice with there hair on fire?..sip?..u hearing anything?...I wanna see ron out there freaking out screaming ****ing pissed the **** off dropping f bombs putting people in check get this ****ing defense fired the **** up!!!

It's still just a complete head-scratcher how awful the defense has been, Maybe they just want it toned it down for the first few weeks knowing they are out of conference games I don't know looking at the back half of the schedule seeing nothing but divisional games still playing preseason type football? I don't know LOL

• Like 1

Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio need to sit down with Chase Young and the three of them should figure out how to run the defense through Chase Young.  He is not only the best player on the D, he is the one who can disrupt the offense and take control of the game himself.  AND, he is (or was) one of the best run-stoppers in the NFL as a rookie DE being hyped for sacks, not setting the edge.  That means, he's a complete player.  He (Young) can have all the assistants he wants to help him with specifics, but he needs to be let loose.  Let CY tell the team in the huddle what he wants to do on the next play.  It can be basic -- I'm neutral, call whatever -- or specific (I'm exploiting X aspect of the O on this drive and I want Y defense behind me).  Maybe during any given set of downs he's feeling or not feeling something; let him handle things -- he knows himself and he's no Arrington.  Even if your superstar free lances, at least if you have some idea ahead of time or know what D would work best with him free lancing, you're better off.  CY has to be the focal point.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio need to sit down with Chase Young and the three of them should figure out how to run the defense through Chase Young.  He is not only the best player on the D, he is the one who can disrupt the offense and take control of the game himself.  AND, he is (or was) one of the best run-stoppers in the NFL as a rookie DE being hyped for sacks, not setting the edge.  That means, he's a complete player.  He (Young) can have all the assistants he wants to help him with specifics, but he needs to be let loose.  Let CY tell the team in the huddle what he wants to do on the next play.  It can be basic -- I'm neutral, call whatever -- or specific (I'm exploiting X aspect of the O on this drive and I want Y defense behind me).  Maybe during any given set of downs he's feeling or not feeling something; let him handle things -- he knows himself and he's no Arrington.  Even if your superstar free lances, at least if you have some idea ahead of time or know what D would work best with him free lancing, you're better off.  CY has to be the focal point.

Chase.....

...is it really you?

• Haha 4

This is a bottom 5 defense in the league and will finish the season there. 

The LBs and secondary, save 2 players (Curl/DavisO), could all be cut and we wouldn't miss a beat. 

JDR should simply adopt an all out 5-6 and rush approach the rest of the way and live with the big plays. Adopt a philosophy to allow secondary to play free and loose and hope for pressured throws. Otherwise, its a slow bleed and NO chance of stopping teams, take the 3rd down conversion % for further evidence.

The WTF needs to look into Matt Ruhle's draft of all defense next year and load up on DBs, LBs. 

EDIT: Oh my goodness... Just saw that LB video. BOSTIC SHOULD BE CUT TODAY... TODAY!!! Holy crapoly, just give Davis all the snaps from this point forward to learn. Damn, Bostic point blank sucks

Edited by Bonez3