Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: WFT vs. Giants

KDawg

2 hours ago, OMacAttack said:

I want to know what the reasoning behind not changing the yardage where McKissic fell untouched and then crossed the First Down marker.  I really have no clue why it wasn't changed.  Even the official on call for the broadcast was dumbfounded.

Mara had a gun pointing to the booth reviewers head.

• Haha 1

In the grand scheme of things, the game was beautiful. Division game, last second- oooopsie! flag- retry for the one point win? This will stick in their throats like a chicken bone, fester under the skin, that splinter you can't get out..........

I wonder if that guy that jumped got the soap-in-a-sock treatment in the lockerroom like FMJ

• Haha 3

The more i think about it, that really was a fun game winning drive. How many times have we needed a game winning FG drive with two minutes left, only for our offense to choke it away with a stupid interception or a turnover on downs? Too many times to count, I’m guessing. Great to see the offense take care of business

• Like 11

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The more i think about it, that really was a fun game winning drive. How many times have we needed a game winning FG drive with two minutes left, only for our offense to choke it away with a stupid interception or a turnover on downs? Too many times to count, I’m guessing. Great to see the offense take care of business

Two great late drives. 

• Like 9

If our defense figures things out and starts playing to their potential, Heinicke is gonna be even better. Think about it, he didn't have a short field to work with all night and willed the team to a win in a game we had no business winning. He led us on some long scoring drives and played most of the game trailing and having to make play after play. Lets get him a lead and some turnovers to work with and he'll be even more effective. I am so excited for this kid and want to see him succeed....lets step up the aggressiveness on this defense. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

I must say, the defense has really shocked me this year so far.   I didn't anticipate them starting so uninspired and flat like this.....but I do feel like  they will bounce back against the Bills.   I think they are going to be shocked when they play us......

Josh Allen is going to TORCH us.  Definitely will get out of the pocket and kill us on the ground like Jones did.

That late INT was a killer, but all things considered it is the type of thing you can't be totally surprised about when it comes to a QB starting his 3rd career game.  Ignore his age, and focus on his actual experience, he is going to make mistakes along the way, D-coordinators are going to throw every trick in the book at him as they get more film on his tendencies.  That INT was a bad circumstance.  I am not sure if it was a case of Taylor throwing the ball in anticipation of Terry being there and Terry couldn't get there in time due to the DB altering his path or if there was still indeed time to stop that pass attempt and he tried to force it in there anyway.  That is something the coaches will figure out.

All that aside, most seasons in the past decade (plus) that game is over once Gano hits the FG to make it 29-27.  We all know it and we all likely mostly expected the same result last night as well. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

How exactly does the team (players) feel about Dust? 

I mean, sure he is a donkey who kinda lost the game for us when needed.

but then that gift from the Giants, and then he kicks the game winner for us.

Is there any loss of confidence (from the coaches and players) with his mulligan?

Doesn't look like any loss of confidence.

Most of what I've read, players and coaches seemed to be happy for him and them.

Missing the game winner, then making the second kick, even from a shorter distance wouldn't be a gimme to me, because well, pressure must be even higher on the second try.

So I'd rather stand in their camp and say that Hopkins got a confidence boost here.

• Thumb up 1

The Giants handed us the victory, but I guess a win is a win. A holding nullifying a TD, a drop pass in the end-zone, and a penalty on the winning field goal (17 points). We do have very talented, freaks of nature players on the DL, but so far they are not living up to the hype. Some changes must be done by Del Rio unless Allen is going to torch us next week.

I think St Juste will end up being a very good corner,  William Jackson III  had a very solid game, and of course scary Terry.

• Like 1

Vagiants can keep crying all they want about the penalty, but the bottom line is that Hopkins needs to make the FG when it matters.  He's not going to always get 2nd chances.  Pus, he's had a bad history vs the Vagiants in the past.  This is why is don't like him as the kicker for this team.  He needs to shape up or ship him out.

5 hours ago, FrFan said:

The Giants handed us the victory, but I guess a win is a win. A holding nullifying a TD, a drop pass in the end-zone, and a penalty on the winning field goal (17 points). We do have very talented, freaks of nature players on the DL, but so far they are not living up to the hype. Some changes must be done by Del Rio unless Allen is going to torch us next week.

I think St Juste will end up being a very good corner,  William Jackson III  had a very solid game, and of course scary Terry.

St Juste panning out would be very very good. Means you would have a guy who usually makes $10m/yr starting in that spot. Would really allow you to let Fuller go in the offseason

FWIW - Listening to The Junkies interview with Shawn Springs yesterday and his view on this defense is it's too vanilla or standard base.  They are relying too much on the front 4 to get home and something RR did a lot in Carolina.  Said they don't have an elite shutdown corner that you need to do a lot of blitzing nor an elite LB (although he wouldn't say it directly but eluded to it).  He suggested to fix it, they're going to have to take more chances with disguised blitz's and bringing Collins down in the box.  Also said he is not worried about Chase Young, he's elite but needs the other guys to step up so teams stop double and triple teaming him.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2