Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

I'm going to laugh my ass off if/when this new stadium is built and it's at 50% capacity with 80% of those fans being the opposing fans.

There is literally zero reason for anyone with a brain to go to watch a WFT game right now if you are a fan of the team.  

• Like 2

I just checked and the attendance today was FOUR more than attended the Giants game. Eerie.

Were there any fans leaving the game this week comparing the atmosphere to 2012 like they allegedly were for the Giants game?

Edited by hail2skins

26 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

The loss of Redskins and the lack of a respectable brand to replace it is also playing a HUGE part in this whether people want to believe it or not.  People have emotionally checked out.   

The name change happened last year. The decline in attendance has been happening for years. I’m sure the name issue doesn’t help but this is way more because of Snyder and the ineptitude of the team than the name itself. Or so I think.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

The name change happened last year. The decline in attendance has been happening for years. I’m sure the name issue doesn’t help but this is way more because of Snyder and the ineptitude of the team than the name itself. Or so I think.

If the nfl had forced a sale and Bezos took over it would be a complete different result. 

Its strange, my default as in recent years is to check Stubhub just for giggles. Think yesterday there were only like ~600 tickets available on there, and, IIRC, with fees, you were paying around $80 to sit in the upper deck. I'm not sure if there are more tickets available on the Skins official site. Either way, with them only getting 50K in there and the club and upper decks looking fairly bare, its not good.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

My job gave me tickets today. It was one of the saddest sports experiences I’ve had. Nothing to  do with the actual game and everything to do with the experience. I think I’ll make a thread. Lot on my mind. 

Look forward to your observations BOW93.  Where were your seats?  If you're not in the lowers, I have to imagine the game experience is dreadful. And even in the 100s you're not able to utilize the seats for, you know, actual sitting.

1 hour ago, Howie411 said:

Photo from the game today.  Pretty much more Saints fans then Washington fans.  It was a sea of black and white.

I watched on TV, but the crowd noise that came through was noticeably louder in favor of the Saints. Just horrible. People made fun of the Chargers for that a couple years ago, but at least they had the excuse of moving to a new city that didn't really want them.

3 hours ago, Painkiller said:

The loss of Redskins and the lack of a respectable brand to replace it is also playing a HUGE part in this whether people want to believe it or not.  People have emotionally checked out.   

Something tells me if the they drafted Justin Herbert, and he was launching touchdowns all over the field, a lot of folks would magically gain interest again.  No matter what the team name is.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Something tells me if the they drafted Justin Herbert, and he was launching touchdowns all over the field, a lot of folks would magically gain interest again.  No matter what the team name is.

Of course. Stars drive interest. We haven't had a real star on the football team since 2012 RG3.

42 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If they had drafted Herbert he would

suck…

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I had a big post typed up…then deleted it.  I don’t want to argue with other fans about this anymore.  I just think it’s playing a bigger role in the lack of interest than some people realize.

Winning is the most important thing and they haven’t done that.  I still don’t think we’d be doing much better attendance wise this season if we were undefeated though.  The enthusiasm just isn’t there.  I think part of that is definitely to do with losing the old brand.

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

They took their fan base for granted for too long and now the chickens have come home to roost.

53 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

If they had drafted Herbert he would

suck…

I 110% agree with this 

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Why did it sound like the entire stadium was chanting "Defense, Defense, Defense !!!" whenever the other team's Defense was on the field ?

Bc they were. 40% Saints fan. Honestly 5% were ppl that weren’t fans of either team. Stadium experience is so sad. 

Jason Wright is pretty much in hiding. All the kudos he was getting for interviews and transparency are out the window. This is the beginning of the end for him. Snyder will blame him. How can a division winner have the lowest attendance in the NFL? That’s the daily question Dan is asking. The only answer he wants to hear is how the business side is screwing up.