Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

52680 tonight. Stadium, aside from the lower bowl, looked about as empty as it always does. Number is in line with previous games, but given the relative cheapness of tickets on the secondary market compared to the Tampa game, surprised that this one outdrew that one, albeit slightly. Maybe the winning streak is getting some folks excited.

We all know this area is full of fairweather Fans.   As much as people hate FedEx or Snyder if they start winning folks will come in droves.  

34 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

We all know this area is full of fairweather Fans.   As much as people hate FedEx or Snyder if they start winning folks will come in droves.  

Every team has fair weather fans that will show up if the team starts winning when theyve been losing. 

What we have is a huge part of our fan base in hibernation semi-boycotting the team. 

Second game in a row the middle ring looked noticeably empty, did anyone get a look at the top ring or final attendance?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Second game in a row the middle ring looked noticeably empty, did anyone get a look at the top ring or final attendance?

52680, about in line with that 50-53K we've seen all season.

Upper deck looked fairly empty, perhaps half full at most, on TV as well. The team indicated a few weeks back that they were going to shred existing club contracts and reset them at "market prices" for next season, whatever that means. I know that we see people in the club level at the games, but it would be astonishing that there were would be any non-corporate club seat holders at this point.  They said about 11K seats were going to see price reductions, so I don't now if that will also include upper level seats as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I wouldn't even go to the game if someone gave me free tickets lol.

Then it is time for you to find a new team. Bye Felicia.

If you can not get excited about this weeks game. And you would not even support them with a free schedule and free tickets then clearly they bring you no joy and you should move on.

Stadium is crappy, and I have a great time tailgating at the worst games. I can not wait for this Sunday.

WE WANT DALLAS!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Then it is time for you to find a new team. Bye Felicia.

If you can not get excited about this weeks game. And you would not even support them with a free schedule and free tickets then clearly they bring you no joy and you should move on.

Stadium is crappy, and I have a great time tailgating at the worst games. I can not wait for this Sunday.

WE WANT DALLAS!

Never said I wasn't excited. 

Also never said I wouldn't support them.

I'd much rather watch the game with friends and family at my house on my 10 foot screen rather than waste a full day at FedEx giving Snyder any of my money.

I just watched last weeks game from Aruba last week and made it a priority to do so with 2 other die hard redskins fans.

So you can **** right off trying to call out someone's fandom because they don't want to waste a full ****ing day at a ****ty stadium giving Danny hundreds of dollars.

Edited by purbeast
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If people want to support them, GO. TO. THE. GAME. The team doesn’t need people supporting them from their couches, that isn’t going to help with homefield advantage. Show the **** up. Put aside hatred of Snyder and show the **** up. It’s not that difficult. Come the **** on, people. 

Or you can support the team however the **** you want.

If the team is worrying about their fans being in the stadium helping them win the game, they've already lost.

These are professional ****ing athletes.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Or you can support the team however the **** you want.

If the team is worrying about their fans being in the stadium helping them win the game, they've already lost.

These are professional ****ing athletes.

Homefield advantage can’t happen with half the fans on their couches at home. This team is fighting for a playoff spot. 

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Homefield advantage can’t happen with half the fans on their couches at home. This team is fighting for a playoff spot. 

We'll be there.

We always lead a rousing rendition of "Hail to the Redskin" in our section, (204).  Everyone joins in.

I don't care what people say about the "experience"

We have a great tailgate with our friends.   Traffic isn't bad, unless you race to get out of there right away, or wait until an hour before kickoff.    

All I need is a good view of the field, the Jumbotron, and a bathroom nearby.   FedEx checks all of those boxes.   Would I like a prettier stadium, with more amenities?  Sure, but I'm hear to watch football.  

Everything else is fluff.

I'm willing to bet most of the people who **** about FedEx have never been to a game at RFK.   

That, was a ****-hole.  Leaky pipes, pissing in troughs, no Jumbotron.  Traffic was a ****.  The only thing that made it bearable was the tailgating and winning.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

We'll be there.

We always lead a rousing rendition of "Hail to the Redskin" in our section.  Everyone joins in.

I don't care what people say about the "experience"

We have a great tailgate with our friends.   Traffic isn't bad, unless you race to get out of there right away, or wait until an hour before kickoff.    

All I need is a good view of the field, the Jumbotron, and a bathroom nearby.   FedEx checks all of those boxes.   Would I like a prettier stadium, with more amenities?  Sure, but I'm hear to watch football.  

Everything else is fluff.

I'm willing to bet most of the people who **** about FedEx have never been to a game at RFK.   

That, was a ****-hole.  Leaky pipes, pissing in troughs, no Jumbotron.  Traffic was a ****.  The only thing that made it bearable was the tailgating and winning.

Jokes aside I might be bit of an outlier because I live 4 hours away, not sure if that’s good enough of an excuse or not but I would consider going more if I lived closer. I’ve been to FedEx 15+ times since 2010 and I’ve had way more bad experiences than good. Sometimes taking time off work, dealing with a majority of opposing ****ty fans, the overall cost of the weekend with getting a hotel, traffic, and for the most part product on the field isn’t worth it. Last time I went was NYE 2019 against the eagles and some fat POS eagles fan behind us spilled beer all over my girlfriend. It was literally 75% eagles fans, that was the nail in the coffin for me. I’ll much rather spend my money at Caps games where it is a much better experience there is countless things to do/bars/walking distance from the arena and you’re not in the middle of nowhere. I’m glad you have a good time but I’m perfectly content watching from home until they really start to be relevant or get a new stadium 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

When I went to well over 100 games during the first 20 seasons, I found leaving the stadium to be pretty much a breeze BECAUSE I did race to leave after the gun.

And I never found traffic getting there to be horrible, as we usually came in from DC via South Cap/Central Ave. The one thing I wish they somehow could've done a better job with was how they administered parking. I'm not a tailgater, and don't have sympathy who wait to arrive until the very last minute, but I dont consider being AT the stadium an hour before kickoff "very last minute," and just found finding a space more of a hassle than it needed to be, particularly these days when they're charging $50-60 per game to park.

But I'd imagine things have improved on that front in recent years with the decreased attendance. It'll be interesting to see the number this weekend, given it's the Cowboys and our recent win streak. I was there in 2018 for Dallas, place was full, and they announced 66K. Was not there in 2019 and they announced 76K. That's what Jason Wright was referring to in his recent Junkies interview when it came to discrepancies in attendance reporting.

• Like 2