Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

18 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Screenshot_20211211-192107_Drive.thumb.jpg.d19db26ed7f3ac9ae386f50998e90f09.jpgYou would think that they would know how to spell Dexter Manley's name.

The attention to detail, rather the lack thereof, in this organization drives me nuts.

SMFH

They NEVER seem to get it right. There is ALWAYS some typo, etc. How do you not spell Dexter Manley correctly??

• Like 1

Speaking of Dexter, I saw that the Raiders Maxx Crosby is getting a 15K fine for the hit on Heinicke that drew the BS personal foul.

How would've today's league punished Dexter for the famous hit he put on Danny White?

And you want me to pay money to watch this garbage in person?

Edited by hail2skins

It's going to be absolutely awful how many cowboys fans are there. People like to bad mouth Philly fans, but you'll never see that **** in Philly. Same with NY. It just doesn't fly there. It's too uncomfortable for opposing fans to enjoy themselves. I've worn a Redskins jersey to a game in Philly and not sure I'd do it again. We can pretend that going to a game is a family experience all we want, but it's not. Maybe with the whine and cheeser fans the Team has.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's going to be absolutely awful how many cowboys fans are there. People like to bad mouth Philly fans, but you'll never see that **** in Philly. Same with NY. It just doesn't fly there. It's too uncomfortable for opposing fans to enjoy themselves. I've worn a Redskins jersey to a game in Philly and not sure I'd do it again. We can pretend that going to a game is a family experience all we want, but it's not. Maybe with the whine and cheeser fans the Team has.

I agree with you about Philly. I've worn Skins stuff up there before without issue, but even the one time I decided not to, for the MNF game in 2007, I was outed as a Skins fan because I wasn't wearing midnight green.

The only time I've been to a Skins game in NY was in 2016 at MetLife, and was surprised, heck disappointed, at how largely subdued the crowd was in a close early-season game that the Skins were able to pull out. The most riled up I saw the Giants fans got that day was on the way out when some rando started a J-E-T-S chant lol....... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I agree with you about Philly. I've worn Skins stuff up there before without issue, but even the one time I decided not to, for the MNF game in 2007, I was outed as a Skins fan because I wasn't wearing midnight green.

The only time I've been to a Skins game in NY was in 2016 at MetLife, and was surprised, heck disappointed, at how largely subdued the crowd was in a close early-season game that the Skins were able to pull out. The most riled up I saw the Giants fans got that day was on the way out when some rando started a J-E-T-S chant lol....... 

It's going to be very upsetting when there are more cowboy fans than WFT fans in our ****hole house and you'd never see that at a NYG game.

Jets fans are straight up hillbillies.

3 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Washington Fan Bases are the most docile in sports, like you said none of the **** that goes on here would happen in tougher towns.  Pens fans holding victory rallies on the stairs outside of CapOne, Dallas fans holding court at fedex, none of that would happen in Philly or most any other sports town with fans who have balls

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Washington Fan Bases are the most docile in sports, like you said none of the **** that goes on here would happen in tougher towns.  Pens fans holding victory rallies on the stairs outside of CapOne, Dallas fans holding court at fedex, none of that would happen in Philly or most any other sports town with fans who have balls

For anyone there curious if the Gold Lines are full of Cowboy fans.

39 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

Ive seen opposing fans dominate other cities regularly. If you suck noone cares. 

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

Pens fans on the stairs doesn’t really apply here, the caps have a very strong Fanbase and always show up and are also strong on the road. The Pens owned us in the playoffs so naturally they travel well for the Ovi/Crosby rivalry especially travel well to Washington. 

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

Eh years Philly sucked Wash fans owned the link too. It takes years of sucking to completely kill interest. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Eh years Philly sucked Wash fans owned the link too. It takes years of sucking to completely kill interest. 

I remember in the 2015 division winner in Philly there were LOTS of Redskins fans. And when we won in Thanksgiving in Dallas in 2012 there were audible RG3 chants and HTTR being sung.

The truth of the matter is this: if you suck, nobody cares. I've seen Arrowhead get invaded when the Chiefs had bad years. Soldier Field was full of Packer fans earlier this year. It is what it is. If you want consistent fan support don't suck.

61308 today, according to ESPN. For the four-game winning streak Skins against the Cowboys.  Mike Phillips of the RTD has capacity at FedEx at 67K (which I think is still a bit on the low side), so 6K empties wouldn't be good.

Skins got their butts kicked today, and it was amazing that Dallas tried to give away the game at the end.  When we scored with 5 minutes left to cut it to 27-14, I told my friend that Rivera needed to call timeouts immediately once Dallas had the ball. Dallas runs on first down and the clock continues to run. Then Dallas inexplicably tries to throw and its disastrous for them, and they then only got bailed out by a drop on a deep ball and then the questionable fumble on Allen.  Point being is that NFL head coaches might be the most overpaid people on planet earth. 

13 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Not really. Philly has not had a prolonged stretch of sucking at that stadium. I went to the 2005 finale at the Linc where ST 21 dove into the end zone to seal the win. The Eagles had a tough year and were decimated by injuries heading into that game. Sure, there were more Skins fans there than there would normally be, but Skins fans by no means took over the Linc that day.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm watching Bills/Bucs and there is a LOT of Buffalo blue in the stands and the game is in Tampa. And they just won the freaking Super Bowl.

Its 2021 and real home field advantage doesn't really exist outside of a select few cities.

I think its all a matter of degree. During Gibbs 2, were there a substantial number of Cowboys fans at FedEx? Sure. But was it to the point where there are as many Cowboys fans at the stadium as Washington fans? Nowhere close, I would think.

Im not surprised anymore by the concentration of visiting fans behind the visiting bench (100 level) for just about every game at FedEx, as I think a lot of those seats are owned by larger entities. But this is a shot from Wiki of the lower visiting side of a game from 2003 (against the SB champ Bucs, I think) and I don't see a lot of Bucs jerseys in that crowd. And Stubhub was a thing then, no?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/FedExField_Redskins_fans.jpg

I mean that's from 2003. Almost 20 years ago. Fan interest was still relatively high back then. We were still a Redskins town.

This is a dead franchise. Its a Caps and Nats town now. I honestly think the name change was the death knell.

Edited by Warhead36
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean that's from 2003. Almost 20 years ago. Fan interest was still relatively high back then. We were still a Redskins town.

This is a dead franchise. Its a Caps and Nats town now. I honestly think the name change was the death knell.

Absolutely. I just don't think Dallas fans are able to take over Philly like they do here. and I don't think Skins fans have every taken over the Linc to the degree like Eagles fans have here, especially in 2019.

That 61K figure for today on ESPN is intriguing. The listed figure in 2018 was 66-67K. 

I think it is also a matter of being in the DC local area where fans have become apathetic because they know once the team becomes worth the effort they can start going to games again.  As a WFT on the west coast for almost my entire life I can tell you with certainty that I have been to games in AZ, Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Houston and Dallas where it seems like WFT fans have taken over the city and stadium.  When you don't live in the city of the team you're rooting for you willingness to go see them play despite the record, hype, buzz etc etc is always higher because you know you get the opportunity to do it every season.

As recently as McVay's first season as Rams head coach, I was at that game in Los Angeles and there were some folks from the DC area out here for that game that were in disbelief how many WFT fans there were in Los Angeles, CA for the game.

It's all a matter of perspective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think it is also a matter of being in the DC local area where fans have become apathetic because they know once the team becomes worth the effort they can start going to games again.  As a WFT on the west coast for almost my entire life I can tell you with certainty that I have been to games in AZ, Los Angeles, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Houston and Dallas where it seems like WFT fans have taken over the city and stadium.  When you don't live in the city of the team you're rooting for you willingness to go see them play despite the record, hype, buzz etc etc is always higher because you know you get the opportunity to do it every season.

I've heard that too and I've always wondered if a lot of those fans are Skins fans who now live in those areas or are they people who live in DC who travel to the games, if anything to experience in a game in an at least different (and probably nicer) stadium than FedEx.

Also, I wonder if the Skins gained a lot of fans nationwide in the 80s like the Steelers and Cowboys did in the 70s.  I can't imagine we've gained a lot of fans in the past 30 years lol.....

1 hour ago, max21 said:

Pens fans on the stairs doesn’t really apply here, the caps have a very strong Fanbase and always show up and are also strong on the road. The Pens owned us in the playoffs so naturally they travel well for the Ovi/Crosby rivalry especially travel well to Washington. 

Fair play; i dont disagree but I think in other cities opposing fans dont feel empowered to sort of **** all over the home team fans like they do when they come visit Washington.  I have been to several away games supporting washington teams where that would not have been a "comfortable" situation for me if I was to partake in such activities.  I still think it goes back to the fact that washington is sort of a transient docile fan base in general :)