Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

Renegade, I saw a Twitter thread on the railing thing and someone brought up that the same thing (railing collapse) happened during one of the last seasons at the Vet during an Army-Navy game. I remembered that.

Dan, time to accelerate the process for finding a location for the new digs.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Attendance will be worse next season. Even a playoff run in 22; can’t fix attendance.

Eh. If people see that this team is actually showing legit progress and turning all of it into wins and the team gets off to, say, an 8-3 or 9-3 start, people will attend. Especially if it’s with a rookie QB showing that he belongs. 

winning on a consistent week in week out basis and proving its no fluke will make people want to come, no matter how awful the stadium is (at least that’s my hope, cause opposing team fans taking over our stadium is getting old....)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Eh. If people see that this team is actually showing legit progress and turning all of it into wins and the team gets off to, say, an 8-3 or 9-3 start, people will attend. Especially if it’s with a rookie QB showing that he belongs. 

Yeah, the rookie QB, or even if a vet like Carr comes in and is lighting it up, might be the key. Just because I go back to 2018 when the team was 6-3 heading into the Texans game and attendance was still very light. The organization is going to need to take significant steps in terms of pricing to try and entice fans to the 300s and 400s.

Edited by hail2skins

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus burn the building down before somebody sues us...

That is not FedEx’s fault. Igloo fans put too much weight on the bannister. 

Just a matter of science, that they struggle with.

Edited by ClaytoAli

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

winning on a consistent week in week out basis and proving its no fluke will make people want to come, no matter how awful the stadium is (at least that’s my hope, cause opposing team fans taking over our stadium is getting old....)

Your scenario has us12 games into the season with 2 or 3 home games remaining. This year we were coming off a division win, had the defensive rookie of the year, a year of pent up demand without being allowed into the stadium and the firm belief by most fans that we would have a top 3 defense, yet we started with historically bad attendance. Next year will be worse for sure. If it’s Commanders it will be drastically worse. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No.  Remember we already did that with a rookie, RG3 and he didn't last long.

A playoff run next year won't cure jack. The fans know the following year, the team will fall back to losing.  It's Redskins history and it's Rivera history, as Ron has never had back to back winning season.

It's will take probably 3 seasons of playoff appearances and double digit wins each of those seasons before you really see attendance start to improve.

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's will take probably 3 seasons of playoff appearances and double digit wins each of those seasons before you really see attendance start to improve.

I pretty much agree with this. On the other hand, I do think we are probably at the bottom of what we're going to see attendance wise. Even If you take out the Dallas game, I don't see us averaging below 50k per game next season.

1 minute ago, ClaytoAli said:

Proximity to Philly and abundance of Philly fans.

Let me rephrase the question: how come bunch of fans leaning near the tunnel doesn't cause the section to collapse in the other stadium, jus ours?  You've never seen fans lean over to high five players going into the tunnel before?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Let me rephrase the question: how come bunch of fans leaning near the tunnel doesn't cause the section to collapse in the other stadium, jus ours?  You've never seen fans lean over to high five players going into the tunnel before?

Like I said, it did happen at the Vet during an Army-Navy game.

But between this, the pipe dumping crap on fans during the opener, the sprinkler going off in the suite, and the dismal attendance numbers...we really can't get out of there fast enough

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

But between this, the pipe dumping crap on fans during the opener, the sprinkler going off in the suite, and the dismal attendance numbers...we really can't get out of there fast enough

I agree but unfortunately we have a lease until 2027.

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Like I said, it did happen at the Vet during an Army-Navy game.

I'm not brushing aside you said that, and totally agree this is jus another piece if evidence in the case for needing to get out of their ASAP.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Right, someone else mentioned that here, too, still very rare. But you know what the Eagles eventually did to that stadium?

parrot-boom.gif

You know how fans like to take home memorabilia when a team leaves for a new stadium, I don't think that will happen at FedEx Field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Your scenario has us12 games into the season with 2 or 3 home games remaining. This year we were coming off a division win, had the defensive rookie of the year, a year of pent up demand without being allowed into the stadium and the firm belief by most fans that we would have a top 3 defense, yet we started with historically bad attendance. Next year will be worse for sure. If it’s Commanders it will be drastically worse. 

Yeah, except the team wasn’t coming off of a double digit win season last year. I’m sure there were tons of people that knew that 7-9 playoff season was due to a crappy division, which made a lot of people want to wait and see if the team would actually get off to a fast start before filling the stands right away.

so under my scenario, my HOPE is that  the team being 9-3 or 10-3, and the offense being FAR better than the past 6-3 records we’ve had, that fans will go “hey, this team is for real. I’ll attend a game”. 

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

I agree but unfortunately we have a lease until 2027.

When the team released the renderings of the moat palace in 2016, I thought Snyder was primed to somehow break the lease early at whatever financial hit. And then when it became evident in 2018 that the demand for in-person attendance had plummeted, even in the midst of a season that started 6-3, I thought for sure the new stadium would be fast tracked.

But yeah, at this point, I don't see us leaving FedEx until the lease expires. I still think Dan is nostalgic for the glory days and is gonna make a push for the RFK site.  But who knows exactly when this year that the place will be torn down, and the earliest scenario that we could be in a new stadium at that site is probably 2025. And knowing that, what would be an extra couple years?

The mention by some of building a new stadium adjacent to FedEx, a la the Broncos and Giants/Jets, makes my head hurt. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No.  Remember we already did that with a rookie, RG3 and he didn't last long.

Did the team win CONSISTENTLY, though, while he was here? NO. A 9-3 or 10-3/10-4 start to the season would be the best record this team has EVER had under Snyder. Obviously I have no idea if that will get fans out to the stadium, but my HOPE is that it will. Plus there’s the whole bandwagon affect. People like a winning team. People LOVE a 9-3/10-3/10-4 record, do they not? 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, except the team wasn’t coming off of a double digit win season last year. I’m sure there were tons of people that knew that 7-9 playoff season was due to a crappy division, which made a lot of people want to wait and see if the team would actually get off to a fast start before filling the stands right away.

so under my scenario, my HOPE is that  the team being 9-3 or 10-3, and the offense being FAR better than the past 6-3 records we’ve had, that fans will go “hey, this team is for real. I’ll attend a game”. 

Dude we are always 3-5 and we either go in a run  to bump the palloffs thread or we tank for a top 10 pick. Those are the two choices. Even with offensive rookie of the year in 2012 RG3 we were 3-6. Only way we are close to 9-3 or 10-3 is with Aaron Rogers starting for us. Rookie QB is not happening even if he’s great.