Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

Dude we are always 3-5 and we either go in a run  to bump the palloffs thread or we tank for a top 10 pick. Those are the two choices. Even with offensive rookie of the year in 2012 RG3 we were 3-6. Only way we are close to 9-3 or 10-3 is with Aaron Rogers starting for us. Rookie QB is not happening even if he’s great.

Hey genius. Where did i say the team

will FOR SURE 10000000% have the record of 9-3 or 10-3? It’s called a HYPOTHETICAL. Learn what the word means. Until then, BYE! 

• Like 1

What's going to be sad is that we'll likely spend 30 seasons at FedEx and never host a divisional round game. Right now, you have to be the #1 seed in the conference to guarantee it, win the WC round game at home if you're the #2 seed, or hope that the #2 seed loses if you're below that. Any confidence we're going to be in that position in the next five seasons?

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Hey genius. Where did i say the team

will FOR SURE 10000000% have the record of 9-3 or 10-3? It’s called a HYPOTHETICAL. Learn what the word means. Until then, BYE! 

You said with a rookie qb. Not happening. It’s not realistic dude. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, hail2skins said:

What's going to be sad is that we'll likely spend 30 seasons at FedEx and never host a divisional round game. Right now, you have to be the #1 seed in the conference to guarantee it, win the WC round game at home if you're the #2 seed, or hope that the #2 seed loses if you're below that. Any confidence we're going to be in that position in the next five seasons?

As it stands now, no. But that’s the thing about the future, nobody can predict it. Things can change fast in this league. Maybe we host a divisional round game. Maybe we don’t. Nobody knows for sure. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

You said with a rookie qb. Not happening. It’s not realistic dude. 

You can see the future? Woahhhh. nice. 

OHHHH WAIT lmaooooo except you can’t. Bye 

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

But yeah, at this point, I don't see us leaving FedEx until the lease expires. I still think Dan is nostalgic for the glory days and is gonna make a push for the RFK site. 

I think a new stadium will be built in NOVA. I'm thinking Dan want's something like Jerrah has in Dallas. He wants a destination with shopping and and other amenities. I also think it will have a retractable roof so he can host a Super Bowl. 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did the team win CONSISTENTLY, though, while he was here? NO. A 9-3 or 10-3/10-4 start to the season would be the best record this team has EVER had under Snyder. Obviously I have no idea if that will get fans out to the stadium, but my HOPE is that it will. Plus there’s the whole bandwagon affect. People like a winning team. People LOVE a 9-3/10-3/10-4 record, do they not? 

One good season will not cure things. 

If we went on a run like that; good chunk of fans there will be for the other Team.

The fan base is dwindling and Dan’s do nothing to increase it. He’s going to lose more fans after the name is picked.

• Like 2

they'll come back once they put together 11-6, 12-5, 10 win seasons consistently. If we had the Chiefs records this place would be jam packed.

That said looking at old videos of FedEx from 2012 it's amazing what's happened. It was a LOT more crowded then. They didn't have to tarp areas off. Now the area above the scoreboards is all tarped off with ads.

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

That said looking at old videos of FedEx from 2012 it's amazing what's happened. It was a LOT more crowded then. They didn't have to tarp areas off. Now the area above the scoreboards is all tarped off with ads.

They made the club level areas above the scoreboards SRO before the 2010 season and started tearing out upper deck seats prior to 2011. Don't remember when the club SRO sections became tarped off, but it's been that way for quite a while.

You really can't trust the attendance figures the team used to trot out, but my guess is that the problems initially started under Zorn and then accelerated after the RG3 flameout.

30 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

One good season will not cure things. 

If we went on a run like that; good chunk of fans there will be for the other Team.

The fan base is dwindling and Dan’s do nothing to increase it. He’s going to lose more fans after the name is picked.

So our stadium won’t be packed with our own fans if HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, the team was 10-4 with 4 weeks left? 

if that’s not enough to get fans out, that’s pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So our stadium won’t be packed with our own fans if HYPOTHETICALLY SPEAKING, the team was 10-4 with 4 weeks left? 

I think it'd depend on the opponent. The slate includes games against opponents like Tennessee and Jacksonville that probably don't have a great deal of fans who live here or who want to come to FedEx for a game.

But if it's opponent like the Cowboys, Ravens, Packers, or even the Vikings? Would still be 50-50 even with a 10-4 Skins team.  And even in the case of a 10-4 Washington team against, say, Jacksonville or Tennessee, I'm not confident you get 60K in there...at least not in 2022.

But I will say that I'm curious what the team does with its price points for club and upper deck seats. Cutting UL seats by, say, $20 per game and club seats by a good $100 per game would likely accelerate the progress of getting fans excited to go out to games in advance of a new stadium, especially if you combine that with a winning product, IMO.

Edited by hail2skins

15 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I think it'd depend on the opponent. The slate includes games against opponents like Tennessee and Jacksonville that probably don't have a great deal of fans who live here or who want to come to FedEx for a game.

But if it's opponent like the Cowboys, Ravens, Packers, or even the Vikings? Would still be 50-50 even with a 10-4 Skins team.  And even in the case of a 10-4 Washington team against, say, Jacksonville or Tennessee, I'm not confident you get 60K in there...at least not in 2022.

But I will say that I'm curious what the team does with its price points for club and upper deck seats. Cutting UL seats by, say, $20 per game and club seats by a good $100 per game would likely accelerate the progress of getting fans excited to go out to games in advance of a new stadium, especially if you combine that with a winning product, IMO.

Response to Cooleyfan - I don't think it's pathetic at all - it's understandable.  Remember, this is the first time a team, in any professional sport, was forced to change its name and disavow its identity.  A winning team, and even lower prices, does not overcome a what has become a boring game-time experience.  I looked forward to seeing in person our football team for 12 years, but sadly that electrifying environment no longer exists.  No band, a "gender-neutral dance team" in lieu of athletic pro cheerleaders, no HTTR, and telling fans what they cannot wear just leads to a apathetic and dull game-time atmosphere.   

• Like 2

On 1/2/2022 at 10:58 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The stadium is a dump and you are underestimating the amount of damage done to what remains of this fan base, including losing at least two generations worth in the DC area. 

It will take more then 10-4 with 4 weeks left, maybe will fill up a playoff game, but not before that. 10-4, the prices are going to jack up as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, paleface fan said:

Response to Cooleyfan - I don't think it's pathetic at all - it's understandable.  Remember, this is the first time a team, in any professional sport, was forced to change its name and disavow its identity.  A winning team, and even lower prices, does not overcome a what has become a boring game-time experience.  I looked forward to seeing in person our football team for 12 years, but sadly that electrifying environment no longer exists.  No band, a "gender-neutral dance team" in lieu of athletic pro cheerleaders, no HTTR, and telling fans what they cannot wear just leads to a apathetic and dull game-time atmosphere.   

It is embarrassing how much better the GameDay experience is at CapitalOne then FedEx, light-years difference.  

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It is embarrassing how much better the GameDay experience is at CapitalOne then FedEx, light-years difference.  

I'm not 100% sure on that.  I've owned Caps Season tickets for 13 years and Redskins Tickets for 12 years and I can say the Caps GameDay experience has gotten worse and worse.  Lately the Caps have been all about making more money instead of the game day experience. (ie closing food stands to convert them to alcohol stands, closing to Green Turtle to make a Sports Book etc).

Now I also want to throw out I owned Washington Valor and DC Defender tickets and both of those while short lived have amazing gameday experiences.  Maybe because they were new and trying to get fans or maybe because they were much smaller events, but with both of those teams I enjoyed the gameday experience from the beginning of the game until the very end.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I'm not 100% sure on that.  I've owned Caps Season tickets for 13 years and Redskins Tickets for 12 years and I can say the Caps GameDay experience has gotten worse and worse.  Lately the Caps have been all about making more money instead of the game day experience. (ie closing food stands to convert them to alcohol stands, closing to Green Turtle to make a Sports Book etc).

Now I also want to throw out I owned Washington Valor and DC Defender tickets and both of those while short lived have amazing gameday experiences.  Maybe because they were new and trying to get fans or maybe because they were much smaller events, but with both of those teams I enjoyed the gameday experience from the beginning of the game until the very end.

Even if you are right that it isn't what it used to be, theres still no competition.  I went to a caps and wizards game recently, the metro is right under the stadium, theres more food choices, the activities between breaks are far superior to the crap I saw at the Bucs game this year. The caps crowd was rockin and the wizards had a post-game concert.

The FedEx experience has also gotten worse, the band is a fraction of the size it was. Food choices in the 400s ring dont exist. The stadium is regulary taken over by other fans, and thats a completely different experience when talking about eagles and cowboys fans then heat or laker fans. Did I mention its a mile walk from the metro to the stadium no matter the weather?

Article from the WaPo over the weekend. This article matches Mike Phillips (RTD) capacity of 67,617, while ESPN is still using 82K:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/01/08/washington-football-team-attendance/

This quote gobsmacked me:

A team spokesperson said new ticket sales have increased 2.5 times from 2019 and that the team’s Net Promoter Score, a measure of customer satisfaction at the stadium, showed a 17-point jump, which starts to move Washington closer to the league average.

Whaaaaaa?

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I think Jags/Commanders is a lock to be a London game in 2022.

If we weren't such a trash organization I'd definitely consider some kind of trip over there, assuming its in September or October.

I think October. Unless we get a top qb but after the thing with the stands against phl I think we got the London game.

On 1/2/2022 at 9:29 PM, ixcuincle said:

they'll come back once they put together 11-6, 12-5, 10 win seasons consistently. If we had the Chiefs records this place would be jam packed.

LOL. This team has had 2 10 wins seasons in the 22 seasons since Snyder cursed us with his presence (don’t count 1999 since he didn’t have enough time to wreak the team). In those 22 years, we have never had a 10+ win season nor have we EVER had a back to back winning season.  How on earth do you think we could ever put together 10+ win seasons CONSECUTIVELY….. You know the definition of insanity right? Under Snyder’s ownership, there’s as much a chance of this team stringing together 10+ wins consecutively as I have of winning The Masters in April…… 

What amazes me is that our fan base was so insanely loyal that it took 20+ years and countless Snyder failures to get them to wake up and walk away. It’s embarrassing to watch games and see an entire green/black stadium against the eagles or yellow/black against the Steelers. 

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, markshark84 said:

What amazes me is that our fan base was so insanely loyal that it took 20+ years and countless Snyder failures to get them to wake up and walk away. It’s embarrassing to watch games and see an entire green/black stadium against the eagles or yellow/black against the Steelers. 

The walking away probably started during Zorn's brief tenure. If Snyder hadn't been able to lure Gibbs back, it may well have started earlier.