Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I did not say the game started at 1 pm.

Then why did you mention 1 PM....? Surely you were able to enjoy the weather at that time, yes? So again i ask, what’s the problem? You say the weather was awesome and you’re upset you wasted 3 hours watching the game, but the game was at night.....when it’s usually cold out at this time of year, depending on where you live 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

3 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

The problem is watching a game for 3 hours that was a total waste of time when I could have been doing something  better outside.  Why is that so hard for you

to comprehend??

You could’ve been doing something better outside, in the DARK? If the game was on during the day, i could understand how there are plenty of things that can be done outside. But, at night? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

The problem is watching a game for 3 hours that was a total waste of time when I could have been doing something  better outside.  Why is that so hard for you

to comprehend??

Because his posts are among the most argumentative on the forum. Just put him on ignore. I just did. Freeing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It’s going to be tough sledding with all the Philly fans there, but we owe it to this team. Still have a chance at the playoffs, and we need to support our guys no matter what.

Hail, and see you there.

In the past, I would’ve agreed. But, “we owe it to this team” after what exactly? Losing an important game against Dallas twice, 14 days apart? 

fans hate Snyder. They’re not going to show up just because some people think we “owe it to them”. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

In the past, I would’ve agreed. But, “we owe it to this team” after what exactly? Losing an important game against Dallas twice, 14 days apart? 

fans hate Snyder. They’re not going to show up just because some people think we “owe it to them”. 

Well yall can just turn off the lights on this ****hole franchise and call it history.  Even Cooleyfan has had his reckoning.

PS-  Dont worry about the wasted time it took to get here.  Just be glad you finally get it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Because his posts are among the most argumentative on the forum. Just put him on ignore. I just did. Freeing.

He definitely does do way too much dissecting every little word in peoples post. I feel like he reads every post in every thread throughly just to point out someone’s mistake and to I guess try to look smarter than everyone else lol. Definitely weird.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

He definitely does do way too much dissecting every little word in peoples post. I feel like he reads every post in every thread throughly just to point out someone’s mistake and to I guess try to look smarter than everyone else lol. Definitely weird.

I'm just glad that, after getting beat down by the Cowboys and Eagles over the past three weeks, we at least were able to laugh at the Giants in the interim for offering their fans a free soda 🙄

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Well yall can just turn off the lights on this ****hole franchise and call it history.  Even Cooleyfan has had his reckoning.

PS-  Dont worry about the wasted time it took to get here.  Just be glad you finally get it.

Agreed its termino, im the biggest redskins wft homer and coming from me all my friends would be shocked. The team never looks any different under any “regime”

they always look the same, its over guys until/if snyder sells the team we are screwed just gotta face reality at this point.

17 minutes ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

I come from a family of journalists, who’s job it was to edit headlines and whatever else, and fact-check all types of stuff. I do the same 🤷🏻‍♂️ And if the game is at 8:15, and someone is saying they could’ve spent that 3 hours doing something else outside (at a time where it’s dark), I’m going to question it. I’m not going to apologize for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm just glad that, after getting beat down by the Cowboys and Eagles over the past three weeks, we at least were able to laugh at the Giants in the interim for offering their fans a free soda 🙄

You realize we can make fun of the giants for being crappy, while at the same time acknowledging that our team is ALSO bad, right? Plus, shouldn’t it always be **** the giants and **** mara, as a Washington fan, no matter what? If we can’t make fun of our enemies, what can we make fun of?

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

You realize we can make fun of the giants for being crappy, while at the same time acknowledging that our team is ALSO bad, right? Plus, shouldn’t it always be **** the giants and **** mara, as a Washington fan, no matter what? If we can’t make fun of our enemies, what can we make fun of?

I did not miss a game for 5 years, including that debacle in 2019, the last game with all those Eagle fans singing in the rain and the muddy parking lots at the end of the shutout.  I would go to see a losing redskin team because at least we could see the attractive team cheerleaders during the plethora of TV commercials time-outs, but we don't even have that any more.  So, it would behoove us former hardcore fans just to stay home.   

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, paleface fan said:

I did not miss a game for 5 years, including that debacle in 2019, the last game with all those Eagle fans singing in the rain and the muddy parking lots at the end of the shutout.  I would go to see a losing redskin team because at least we could see the attractive team cheerleaders during the plethora of TV commercials time-outs, but we don't even have that any more.  So, it would behoove us former hardcore fans just to stay home.   

Huh? What does this have to do about being able to make fun of the giants? 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I come from a family of journalists, who’s job it was to edit headlines and whatever else, and fact-check all types of stuff. I do the same 🤷🏻‍♂️ And if the game is at 8:15, and someone is saying they could’ve spent that 3 hours doing something else outside (at a time where it’s dark), I’m going to question it. I’m not going to apologize for that. 

If you want to politely correct someone on something factual in nature regarding the team, sure.

Getting into a pointless debate over someone saying they could've spent the three hours invested in the game better is a bit much and, frankly, annoying.

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3

Just now, hail2skins said:

If you want to politely correct someone on something factual in nature regarding the team, sure.

Getting into a pointless debate over someone saying they could've spent the three hours invested in the game better is a bit much and, frankly, annoying.

It wasn’t even a debate, i was simply trying to figure out what one even does at night when it’s dark out that would make more sense than being inside. Couldn’t have been raking leaves or mowing the lawn. That would be an odd thing to do in the dark 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

It’s going to be tough sledding with all the Philly fans there, but we owe it to this team. Still have a chance at the playoffs, and we need to support our guys no matter what.

Hail, and see you there.

The players owed us some effort last night.   And I don't mean beating each other up.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Csup said:

The players owed us some effort last night.   And I don't mean beating each other up.

I did not miss a game for 10 years, including the 2019 debacle, the season ending game against the eagles with their fans singing in the rain all the way back to the muddy parking lots.  I gained solice that even though we had to suffer shutouts and numerous losses at home, at least we could observe the attractive team cheerleaders during the plethora of TV commercial time-outs.  Now, we do not even have that as the current mgmt cancelled the redskin cheer squad.  So, it's in the hardcore fan best interest just to stay home.   

13 hours ago, paleface fan said:

I did not miss a game for 10 years, including the 2019 debacle, the season ending game against the eagles with their fans singing in the rain all the way back to the muddy parking lots.  I gained solice that even though we had to suffer shutouts and numerous losses at home, at least we could observe the attractive team cheerleaders during the plethora of TV commercial time-outs.  Now, we do not even have that as the current mgmt cancelled the redskin cheer squad.  So, it's in the hardcore fan best interest just to stay home.   

Ha the Cheer Squad is a huge insult!    Just as bad as when the Caps got rid of the Red Rockers and make a Hype Squad.....

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 12/27/2021 at 4:11 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

A fact checking journalist.  Lol.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:20 PM, Howie411 said:

Ha the Cheer Squad is a huge insult!    Just as bad as when the Caps got rid of the Red Rockers and make a Hype Squad.....

Maybe we should get the team president to invite the Eagles Cheerleaders to the game sunday so the local fans have some good looking women on the field.  And, getting rid of the band certainly enhanced the fan experience. We are still near the bottom of the NFL attendance figures.  Even the Dallas media picked up on the shrinking fanbase in Washington prior to that debacle on Sunday.  

On 12/27/2021 at 4:15 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It wasn’t even a debate, i was simply trying to figure out what one even does at night when it’s dark out that would make more sense than being inside. Couldn’t have been raking leaves or mowing the lawn. That would be an odd thing to do in the dark 

run errands, spend time with family, do a fire outside, there are tons of things you can do.  this team isn't worth the effort for 3 hours anymore. 

So 51563 is the tally for the final home game of what looked to be the most brutal of seasons from an attendance standpoint at FedEx. With the exception of the Dallas game, seemed it was in the 50-52K range all year. And even the Dallas game was below 62K in a stadium that at least (if you believe Michael Phillips of the Richmond newspaper) sits over 67K (although I think that is a bit light, even with all the UL seats that have been removed).  Looking at it on TV today, it seemed that you had noticeable empties in the lower level, and the club and upper levels looked like their normal miserable selves. The crowd appeared Eagles heavy, but the secondary market prices were probably not favorable enough to entice more to make the trip. I was actually surprised that announced attendance was over 50K today.

Looking forward to next season, the non-divisional home slate is: Green Bay, Minnesota, Tennessee, Jacksonville, and the third-place finishers in the AFC North and NFC South.  The AFC South is probably the least interesting division in football (although the Titans has Henry for star power), the relative attractiveness of GB will depend on whether Rodgers returns, and we could have the Kirk return with the Vikes. Overall, probably a decrease from an interest standpoint when you had both Mahomes and Brady coming in this season.

Also, will be interesting to see what the team does from a pricing perspective for the club and upper levels. One poster on here seemed to indicate a substantial decrease in his price for his club seats next year. And they are also planning to some extent to reconfigure the club seating level by incorporating this table/chair setup in some sections. Will lower prices entice people to buy tickets next season?  Time will tell, but two straight losing seasons under Rivera with the feeling that we haven't addressed the QB position isn't helping.

Edited by hail2skins