Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

I hadn’t been to FedEx in a while. Wow so lopsided. It was embarrassing. We had way more Redskins fans last year in Santa Clara on Christmas Eve than we did today at FedEx. 

I’m here for a week and I am not looking forward to the pukes fans next week. Oh well. We have the second pick. On a positive note the crab egg rolls in the lower level and the crab bomb sandwich in the club level were pretty fantastic. 

One thing I will say about going to the game last week is that 9ers fans tend to scare away Dallas fans.

I think I saw 3 Cowboys Js all day, which is by a light year the lowest amount I have seen while attending a game.

That won't be the case this week, but it was nice for last week.

Another thing I did when I got to my seat was identify Washington fans, and then get a rough tally of how many had actual commanders gear vs wearing their old stuff, just to get an updated idea on how Commanders merch is selling.

I was on the away side of the stadium, and I expect that to impact the populace of Commanders v old stuff negatively for the newer brand, but the ratio i saw was honestly 90% old stuff to 10% new.

I don't think the new stuff is selling very well.

I dont understand why we cant go back to the Washington football team until we have a new name. Those jerseys were similar to the originals and imo would sell better than the commanders gear especially with a shiny new QB. They are misguided if they think GM/HC change and a QB alone will have fans start buying this hideous merch tied to that hideous name and coming to that hideous stadium. They have such a bad combination of bad team name bad uniforms( moreso the Burgundy and Black jerseys) and bad stadium and its like they dont see in the interest in at least changing two of the three right now bc the stadium will obviously take some time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

I dont understand why we cant go back to the Washington football team until we have a new name. Those jerseys were similar to the originals and imo would sell better than the commanders gear especially with a shiny new QB. They are misguided if they think GM/HC change and a QB alone will have fans start buying this hideous merch tied to that hideous name and coming to that hideous stadium. They have such a bad combination of bad team name bad uniforms( moreso the Burgundy and Black jerseys) and bad stadium and its like they dont see in the interest in at least changing two of the three right now bc the stadium will obviously take some time.

They won’t opt for an interim name AGAIN, they’d be a laughing stock. They’ll either rebrand one last time in the coming years (by one last time I mean a full name/identity rebrand not just uniform design) or they won’t. But I highly doubt they’d be caught dead with a  transitional brand again. No way. 

30 minutes ago, Conn said:

They won’t opt for an interim name AGAIN, they’d be a laughing stock. They’ll either rebrand one last time in the coming years (by one last time I mean a full name/identity rebrand not just uniform design) or they won’t. But I highly doubt they’d be caught dead with a  transitional brand again. No way. 

First of all we already a laughing stock. Commanders in itself is a laughing stock and we obviously suck in recent memory.  Is there a narrative that thinks just bc we may win a few more games that people all of a sudden will want to buy commanders gear bc i hope not. Someone said its 90 -10 old to new gear.  They aren't making ANY money (outside of the nfl machine in the way the Arizona Cardinals are making money) off this brand after dropping 6B. Someone in sports business can correct me if i am wrong but a team relies or loves when their merchandise is sold or if they have a league wide marketable player. What I'm saying is even if they have a league wide marketable player people STILL wont buy the current gear.  They'll pay more for someone to personalize a redskins jersey. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

Someone in sports business can correct me if i am wrong but a team relies or loves when their merchandise is sold or if they have a league wide marketable player. What I'm saying is even if they have a league wide marketable player people STILL wont buy the current gear.  They'll pay more for someone to personalize a redskins jersey. 

Having a big time marketable player is nice but outside of what is sold in the team store its all revenue sharing. Washington is making bank on every other team in the NFLs sales. We may not be moving much Commanders gear, but we are making booku-bucks regardless.

In order for a team to change their merch the team has to buy the existing stock back from the NFL. Then they have to foot the bill to print the new stuff, refit the stadium, redo the website...

Nobody is going to go thru that to move to a temp brand and then do it again to move to a final brand.

You would again have to buy back existing temp brand stock from the NFL. Redo your stadium, website, facilities....

It would double the price of the rebrand.

On top of that WFT sales were worse than Commanders sales... They were subterranean.

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Having a big time marketable player is nice but outside of what is sold in the team store its all revenue sharing. Washington is making bank on every other team in the NFLs sales. We may not be moving much Commanders gear, but we are making booku-bucks regardless.

In order for a team to change their merch the team has to buy the existing stock back from the NFL. Then they have to foot the bill to print the new stuff, refit the stadium, redo the website...

Nobody is going to go thru that to move to a temp brand and then do it again to move to a final brand.

You would again have to buy back existing temp brand stock from the NFL. Redo your stadium, website, facilities....

It would double the price of the rebrand.

On top of that WFT sales were worse than Commanders sales... They were subterranean.

Supposedly everything was 40% off at the Team store today.   One last desperate ditch to sell items?   Though mostly Dallas fans at the game.

2 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

Supposedly everything was 40% off at the Team store today.   One last desperate ditch to sell items?   Though mostly Dallas fans at the game.

I'm confident there would be a sale at the end of every season to clear stock.

I am not confident enough to speak towards the specific significance of a 40% sale however.

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Seems like we had gaudy attendance figures all season. For the people who went to the games, did it seem like the upper deck seats were filled for a lot of them?

Whole stadium was pretty filled out in the 9ers game.

Vast majority were 9ers fans, but the stadium was near full.

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

63645 for the finale.

Seems like we had gaudy attendance figures all season. For the people who went to the games, did it seem like the upper deck seats were filled for a lot of them?

The Team was definitely trying to capitalize on the opposing fans going.  Noticed for today's Dallas game they opened the SRO seats and all the extra Obstructed view seats for sale on Seatgeek. (not resale tickets)  I imagine they didn't care who was going as long as they were selling tickets.

22 hours ago, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

First of all we already a laughing stock. Commanders in itself is a laughing stock and we obviously suck in recent memory.  Is there a narrative that thinks just bc we may win a few more games that people all of a sudden will want to buy commanders gear bc i hope not. Someone said its 90 -10 old to new gear.  They aren't making ANY money (outside of the nfl machine in the way the Arizona Cardinals are making money) off this brand after dropping 6B. Someone in sports business can correct me if i am wrong but a team relies or loves when their merchandise is sold or if they have a league wide marketable player. What I'm saying is even if they have a league wide marketable player people STILL wont buy the current gear.  They'll pay more for someone to personalize a redskins jersey. 

Totally agree.  I won't even say the "C" word...I only have Redskins gear, and agree that our uniforms are absolute trash. 

I'd rather be "Washington Football Team" than anything else (in the current political climate), but I'm still really pissed off that some other teams weren't made to change their nicknames.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

On 12/31/2023 at 6:43 PM, FootballZombie said:

I was there. It was really lopsided.

Not just lower bowl either.

Attendance was actually pretty good, but it was due to a hurricane level assist from 9ers fans. Metric ton on em.

ahhhhhh.... that would explain the doosh bag 49ers fan that wanted to creep up on my TV during my tailgate with my kids and dad.  He mumbled something about fantasy football and wanted to know the score of the Lions/Vikings game.  I just thought he was lost so I told him to beat it.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:23 AM, TrustTheProcessHTTR said:

Actually, I'm in sport business.  Teams hate it when their merchandise sells well and they have a strong brand. That's precisely why Dan Snyder hired Jason Wright conduct a search and land on the name "Commanders."

On a serious note, it's just simply astounding how incompetent Jason Wright was. I cannot believe he was empowered to do this to a multi billion dollar franchise. The name change was his baby, and he doesn't even know how to properly refer to Super Bowl championship years (1983, 1988, 1992). And the name, oh god.  It's like he put together a focus group consisting of Canadian volleyball players, Mongolian line cooks, and Peruvian guitar players and asked them what to name the team. Institutional knowledge? Not important at all.  Common sense? Overrated.  Ask a reasonable person what they think? Complete waste of time!! 

I assume he was also fired today with Rivera.

8 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Totally agree.  I won't even say the "C" word...I only have Redskins gear, and agree that our uniforms are absolute trash. 

I'd rather be "Washington Football Team" than anything else (in the current political climate), but I'm still really pissed off that some other teams weren't made to change their nicknames.

I do think a new rookie QB will end up selling some jersey's for the C team. Not from me though. I might just get a custom Skins jersey made with the new rooks number and name. :)

• Thumb up 1