Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

20 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I don't buy that number at all.  

I remember seeing the stadium on TV at the start and even the middle bowl had like nobody in it.

Then later on they had some shots after the game had been on for a while and it wasn't much fuller than that at all.

The place looked like a complete ghost town on TV.

I hardly saw any Browns fans either. Next week will be ugly. I think it will mostly be blue. 

I will say the "Heinicke" chants were quite loud.

I kinda like having a smaller more passionate/vocal fan base. I know its not realistic but I think it'd be great if the new stadium were built to hold fewer people. 100k+ is overrated and you don't get a true home field advantage that way.

2 hours ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Still scratching my head over why they decided to do this versus the Cowboys? How you decide not to do this against the Eagles is baffling to me.

And how they decided to do it the final week of the season when historically we're completely out of it during Dan's tenure as owner.  

This whole organization is just a god damn clown show.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

And how they decided to do it the final week of the season when historically we're completely out of it during Dan's tenure as owner.  

This whole organization is just a god damn clown show.

Maybe that was the only game that worked with his schedule? Who knows. 

but ugh, the walk to metro with all the cowboys fans is going to blow………..

3 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

Best way to Snyder off

Yeah,  but think of me! I gotta work a meaningless game, not get off work until 8:15, walk back to metro, AND keep myself from punching a cowboys fan in the face on the walk! 😂 

(that’s 90% a joke…..I’d land in the hospital if I tried fighting anyone….)

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah,  but think of me! I gotta work a meaningless game, not get off work until 8:15, walk back to metro, AND keep myself from punching a cowboys fan in the face on the walk! 😂 

(that’s 90% a joke…..I’d land in the hospital if I tried fighting anyone….)

Just punch your own face 

• Haha 2

62814 to close out the season. Actually more than last year's Cowboys game, which meant a lot more.

For the year, the average attendance for the nine games was 58106.  Last year, over eight games, average was 52751. So roughly a 10 percent increase, and this year's slate had fewer marquee opponents than last.

24 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

62814 to close out the season. Actually more than last year's Cowboys game, which meant a lot more.

For the year, the average attendance for the nine games was 58106.  Last year, over eight games, average was 52751. So roughly a 10 percent increase, and this year's slate had fewer marquee opponents than last.

How many of those were Cowboys fans?  Thats over 10k more than last week and that game actually meant something.

6 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

How many of those were Cowboys fans?  Thats over 10k more than last week and that game actually meant something.

That's what I was wondering.  Didn't hear much from the Boyz' fans because there wasn't much to cheer for.   

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Bet you wish you had gone now :P (joking btw….you probably made the right choice)

Nah 😅   I definitely made the right choice!   

We had one of the best tailgates of the year and I was home, in front of the fire, in time for kick-off 🍻

• 8 months later...

Really haven't been to FedEx in the past 5 years except for Tennessee last season, and again today The 64700 announced today seemed similar to the 66300 I saw for the Cowboys in 2018, with a packed house except for a few empties in the uppers. Cards really have no fans, so lower bowl visitor side was full of Skins fans too. Don't think that'll be the case against Buffalo in 2 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I was in the 400 level seats and we definitely had empty seats all around us and you could see them all throughout.  If it was actually sold out, a lot of people were no shows.

My last game too was the Titans game last year and this was way more crowded than that though.  I think I saw 3 Cardinals jerseys yesterday.  I was sitting near someone with a Vikings jersey and a Chargers jersey though lol.

Oh, and they DEFINITELY pump crowd noise into the stadium, which I think is lame as ****.  There were 2 times early on where it sounded like the other side of the stadium just started cheering super duper loud out of no where with no build up, but it was so clear that no one over there was cheering lol.  

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I was in the 400 level seats and we definitely had empty seats all around us and you could see them all throughout.  If it was actually sold out, a lot of people were no shows.

the tickets were sold, probably to secondary market companies, so it counts as a “sell out”. But you are correct. Lower level was full. Upper level was spotty and standing room only was empty. 

I imagine some people didn’t show cause of the weather. 

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Oh, and they DEFINITELY pump crowd noise into the stadium, which I think is lame as ****.  There were 2 times early on where it sounded like the other side of the stadium just started cheering super duper loud out of no where with no build up, but it was so clear that no one over there was cheering lol.  

they’ve been doing this for years. I quit going 6 years ago and they had been doing it for a while before then. I agree it’s lame. 

I picked up on it a long time ago because you could literally pick out them turning up the volume knob. It’s just super obvious. 

On 9/11/2023 at 10:06 AM, tshile said:

the tickets were sold, probably to secondary market companies, so it counts as a “sell out”. But you are correct. Lower level was full. Upper level was spotty and standing room only was empty. 

I imagine some people didn’t show cause of the weather. 

they’ve been doing this for years. I quit going 6 years ago and they had been doing it for a while before then. I agree it’s lame. 

I picked up on it a long time ago because you could literally pick out them turning up the volume knob. It’s just super obvious. 

There are a bunch of tickets stil avaialble on teh 2ndary market for under 50 bucks 15 mins to kickoff.