Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

4 minutes ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Same. Absolutely embarrassing that a historically ****ty fanbase like the Dolphins completely took over the stadium. And our front office (Wright probably) was bragging about another sell out. Unreal how many Dolphins fans were there in the parking lot and then the stadium. 

This happens when a team turns it around. Hell Lions fans invaded Green Bay this year. If and when we get good we will take over other peoples stadiums. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I was watching the 49ers vs Eagles game yesterday and at one point I saw a surprising (to me, anyway) amount of red on one side of the lower bowl. Some Vivid Seats analysis (for what that's worth) estimated that 28 percent of the fans would be cheering for SF (as opposed to 19 percent for last year's NFCCG). Maybe there is no such thing as a big HFA anymore.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it really does hurt my soul to see the state of current affairs.  I could have bought tickets to yesterday's game.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it knowing what was coming, and they did not surprise me.  

I can live with a losing season, and even a couple of them.  I will never stop supporting the team, but it feels idiotic at this point to actually pay to watch this team play in person.  If they pulled them off the TV due to lack of attendance, I don't even think I would care at this point.  I've said it before in other threads, but I will say it again in this one...it truly is unreal how far this once mighty and proud franchise has fallen.  I swear it was almost like Snyder was a sleeper cell sent in by the NFL to obliterate this franchise, no matter how long it took.   The Ravens who play just up 95 have been as well run a franchise in that time span as any in the NFL.  They are everything we once were.  I know we have new owners and we are about to clean house, so all you can do is hope for the best.  They can't be any worse.    

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

48 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but it really does hurt my soul to see the state of current affairs.  I could have bought tickets to yesterday's game.  I just couldn't bring myself to do it knowing what was coming, and they did not surprise me. 

I remember a while back during the days when the team was dumping tickets onto the secondary market and you could procure tickets on Stubhub for dirt cheap if you waited for a few days before the game. The Post ran a story about how one of the Sports Bog guys got a ticket in the parking lot in exchange for a candy bar or something like that, and was even able to move down into the club level for free.

I'm not sure if it was you who made some posts about what tickets were going for, but I checked Stubhub the day before the game and seems like when you added in fees. most of the tickets in the upper deck would set you back at least $100 per. To watch a 4-8 team. I guess its good that the demand seems there, but paying that much to watch this product (you can read that as either the team or the league in general) just seems like a tough ask.

Last two home games of the season will be against SF and Dallas. Skinmander fans should be the minority of the crowd for both of those.

24 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I remember a while back during the days when the team was dumping tickets onto the secondary market and you could procure tickets on Stubhub for dirt cheap if you waited for a few days before the game. The Post ran a story about how one of the Sports Bog guys got a ticket in the parking lot in exchange for a candy bar or something like that, and was even able to move down into the club level for free.

I'm not sure if it was you who made some posts about what tickets were going for, but I checked Stubhub the day before the game and seems like when you added in fees. most of the tickets in the upper deck would set you back at least $100 per. To watch a 4-8 team. I guess its good that the demand seems there, but paying that much to watch this product (you can read that as either the team or the league in general) just seems like a tough ask.

Last two home games of the season will be against SF and Dallas. Skinmander fans should be the minority of the crowd for both of those.

The demand was there from Dolphins fans who wanted to see their favorite team blow out a squad of clowns. That’s why the ticket prices were still what they were.  

Edited by Conn

19 hours ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Same. Absolutely embarrassing that a historically ****ty fanbase like the Dolphins completely took over the stadium. And our front office (Wright probably) was bragging about another sell out. Unreal how many Dolphins fans were there in the parking lot and then the stadium. 

The only silver lining was that they weren't ass-holes.   The Fins fans were actually pretty cool.

• Like 2

To be honest, I don’t think I’d return to a game even if they were winning at FedEx.  Too many downsides to the whole experience. I’d much rather stay home, eat my food and drink my liquor/beer, stay warm, sit on my couch instead of in traffic, no rude, drunken, unruly fans, not worry about broken waste pipes dropping poo on me, and on and on.  Then again, I’m starting to yell and shake my fist at clouds as well, so it may just be me.  

1 hour ago, Redd said:

I really want the new stadium to be much closer to a metro station. Retractable roof and real grass.

Seriously, going to see a Nationals game is so quick and easy. Something close like that.

Yep metro access is the most important thing. Doesn't have to be exactly in D.C. either as long as its easily accessible by metro. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

most of them are cool. some are even from the DC area!

Would be nice if we had a new brand and set up that attracted fans of other teams who live in the DMV to change up.  A lot of Ravens fans over the age of 30 were fans of the Redskins or some other NFL team before they came here.  Like it or not most people are casual fans unlike us.  

We are the lifers.

20 hours ago, Catatonic said:

To be honest, I don’t think I’d return to a game even if they were winning at FedEx.  Too many downsides to the whole experience. I’d much rather stay home, eat my food and drink my liquor/beer, stay warm, sit on my couch instead of in traffic, no rude, drunken, unruly fans, not worry about broken waste pipes dropping poo on me, and on and on.  Then again, I’m starting to yell and shake my fist at clouds as well, so it may just be me.  

They need to create an atmosphere and game day experience in D.C. where the live experience exceeds the T.V. one.  Make people want to be there in person.  Winning is key, but that’s not the only thing.  Make something so cool that people are excited to be a part of it.  Something where even if you spend several hundred dollars for tickets and we lose…you still had a pretty cool experience overall.  I want the Camden Yards or Nats Park of Football stadiums. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

36 minutes ago, Commander PK said:

They need to create an atmosphere and game day experience in D.C. where the live experience exceeds the T.V. one.  Make people want to be there in person.  Winning is key, but that’s not the only thing.  Make something so cool that people are excited to be a part of it.  Something where even if you spend several hundred dollars for tickets and we lose…you still had a pretty cool experience overall.  I want the Camden Yards or Nats Park of Football stadiums. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new stadium has to offer, whenever that is. But look at the thread that is discussing how much the team is going to raise prices next year. 30-40 percent increases cited for lower and club level seats. Couple that with PSLs, and how are people going to continue to afford this stuff?

• Like 1

Just now, hail2skins said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new stadium has to offer, whenever that is. But look at the thread that is discussing how much the team is going to raise prices next year. 30-40 percent increases cited for lower and club level seats. Couple that with PSLs, and how are people going to continue to afford this stuff?

I don’t know, but it’s not my (our) responsibility to figure that out.  Bottom line, if they want butts in seats to justify their 6 billion dollar investment they have to figure out how to get people to go and be willing to pay more to do it.  

First rule of customer service.  Give the customer what they want.  

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 9:48 PM, Commander PK said:

I can live with a losing season, and even a couple of them.  I will never stop supporting the team, but it feels idiotic at this point to actually pay to watch this team play in person.  If they pulled them off the TV due to lack of attendance, I don't even think I would care at this point.  I've said it before in other threads, but I will say it again in this one...it truly is unreal how far this once mighty and proud franchise has fallen.  I swear it was almost like Snyder was a sleeper cell sent in by the NFL to obliterate this franchise, no matter how long it took.   The Ravens who play just up 95 have been as well run a franchise in that time span as any in the NFL.  They are everything we once were.  I know we have new owners and we are about to clean house, so all you can do is hope for the best.  They can't be any worse.    

The name change made it worse also, we went from the football team to Commanders. We look like idiots lol, they should have just pissed some people off and kept the name. There was so much history and tradition with our name just to write it off completely 

Name change was going to happen eventually, I think. Winning games and titles under the old moniker would have probably set an even greater public spotlight and pressure on it, and accelerated the process. In reality, we just had a lousy and selfish owner who dashed the name and history into the fire in hopes of generating enough goodwill to keep the team and to remove attention from his backsliding ways.

As far as the stadium experience, most of these billionaire owners have been reaping record profits and failing to put more of those earnings toward the product and customer service experience. As with everything else, technology has been a disrupter  — big screen tv sets and speaker systems are more affordable; new in-game cameras are capturing more of the action than can be seen from any stadium seat; and the popularity of RedZone/Fantasy Football/mobile gambling have helped to detach the everyday fan from overexerting themselves toward any single team-focused commitment. Public accessibility, commuter safety, lower ticket prices, a cleaner stadium, and yes, a good football team, will go far in fixing the issues but it will take a lot of financial diligence and commitment from ownership; otherwise, by not putting their large profits back into the product they’re sinking the fan experience even further.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 4:05 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

The only silver lining was that they weren't ass-holes.   The Fins fans were actually pretty cool.

I know a few Miami fans in a fan club way up in Pennsylvania no less, and I was told they would be filling up a charter bus and going to this game, so that where at least , maybe 30- 50 if not more? Came from 

On 12/5/2023 at 4:01 PM, CobraCommander said:

That’s news to me.

From the news guy, no less...:806:

On 12/5/2023 at 9:28 PM, Warhead36 said:

Yep metro access is the most important thing. Doesn't have to be exactly in D.C. either as long as its easily accessible by metro. 

Yea, I agree, it's pretty cool getting from Springfield to FedEx and back...some folks don't ever travel that far in metro, and I believe that's why there's such a huge negative reaction from say Maryland fans from anything on the Silver line in VA instead.