Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

I really hope the low volume of available tickets is due to Ders fans and not the other way around.  I’ve attended numerous games against the Giants over the years and the Giants fans have usually made a significant showing.  It’s going to be high teens real feel at game time due to 15-25mph winds.  God bless those of you willing to brave these temps.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Csup said:

I never got a good idea of the mix of fans.  Sounded like 70% Washington but you could definitely hear chants of defense when Washington had the ball.

I heard more cheering when the Giants did something good then when the Commanders did.   Definitely heard the Defense cheers when we were on offense...

Every visiting fan base is going to control the visitors side lower (100 level) sections at FedEx, because I suspect a lot of those seats are owned by larger entities.

But that does not translate to many of those fanbases taking over the stadium, as a lot of the media would have you believe.

The only visiting fanbases that I think could make it even close to a 50-50 split at FedEx are the Cowboys, Steelers, and Ravens. Maybe the Eagles, and that's debatable. Of course, that assumes a game where the Skins still have something to play for, which wasn't the case several years ago when Philly fans pretty much took over for the finale. 

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I feel for those who spent the money, froze their asses off and got home at 2am to watch that pile of 💩.

Thank god for the move to prime time and exams being this week, or else my son wouldn’t have let it rest until I got tix.

Thank you!

Packing for a tailgate is a labor of love.

Unpacking the tailgate gear the next day, after a ****ty game like is hard labor.

You dodged a bullet.  

• Like 1

While I wont miss watching a game, I stopped going to games around 2014.  The last game I went to was 2017.  Since then ive seen the Skins at Metlife (4 times), Dallas (twice) and Las Vegas.  

On Friday I was offered tickets to a loge suite and parking - so figured with the importance of the game, a suite, etc it was time to go again.

Maybe its cause TV's are so good, maybe because we lost, maybe because those other stadiums ALL offer SUCH a better game day experience, but I will never go back to FedEx field for a game again. For those that go - I salute you and am unsure how you do it!!

The Game day experience is just TERRIBILE.  Parking - I get it. I am sure if I went all the time I would know the shortcuts and tricks but took 35 mins to get in (1 hour before game) and almost a hour to get out!  The lack of mass transit (I know - there is a metro, a mile away).  the terribile flow (could not understand what the people directing traffic were doing), and lack of Uber (The guy who gave us tickets took a uber there but trying to leave he could not get a uber. They kept canceling telling him they could not get into the uber pickup) all lead to problems. I had season tickets in 97 and 98, when there were 90k going to games and traffic was BETTER then! Its actually gotten worse!

The food was terrible.  There is actually NOT enough team stores.  Even in the loge area its just so plan and boring (Been in a suite at Met Life. There is entertainment, Tons of TV's, pictures, history on the walls, etc. AND they change it out every week (Had the pleasure of going to a Jets vs skins and then a giants vs skins, both in the same suite in met life and you could hardly tell it was the same stadium.  

I will say every staff i ran into was very welcoming and wanting to help.  But its just a god awful experience. Blow this up.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

And I forgot about next Sunday.

Cowboys still playing for a chance at the division. Skins playing for nothing.

Sonny ceremony. For a guy who played 50 years ago. Very few of the current fans care enough about this.

What a nightmare. Cowboys fans will take over the place completely.

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

On the one hand, its still Christmas break.

On the other, you had a team still in playoff contention.

Not good at all.

But also that team that was still in playoff contention was starting Wentz who most fans knew would throw up over himself, and said team is still owned by doofus dan

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Not good at all.

I think most people won't return to FedEx Field until Synder is gone.   And I don't blame them one bit.  But I think fans will embrace a new owner and can win back fans rather quickly - if things are done the right way.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

And I forgot about next Sunday.

Cowboys still playing for a chance at the division. Skins playing for nothing.

Sonny ceremony. For a guy who played 50 years ago. Very few of the current fans care enough about this.

What a nightmare. Cowboys fans will take over the place completely.

Oh ya the final game is going to be bad. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 80% Dallas fans.

16 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Not good at all.

I don't buy that number at all.  

I remember seeing the stadium on TV at the start and even the middle bowl had like nobody in it.

Then later on they had some shots after the game had been on for a while and it wasn't much fuller than that at all.

The place looked like a complete ghost town on TV.