Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

Minnesota has a fairly strong following and I would expect a crowd in the ~60K range this week. The Skins offering the slashed prices and perks in the club level seems to have improved attendance figures for the most part, although Tennessee was a glaring exception.

I don't know if an ownership change is going to lead to another "surge" in ticket sales. Large portions of the upper deck at current prices to me is still fairly undesirable for someone to invest money in season tickets. That's where a lot of the vacancies are.

Black out game and naturally everybody who shows up wants to follow Dan's wishes, or orders. 

I'd never give him any money but if I went I'd show up in all white with the only thing black being SELL THE TEAM!!! on the shirt and a POW/MIA flag representing all of the missing fans some of which have been missing for most of 2 decades now.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 7:47 AM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For those that want a black jersey: apparently team is giving one to the first 200 that show up to the stadium on Saturday. Then on Sunday it can be purchased at the team store 

Not exactly a give away.

I can't imagine going to FedEx on Saturday for a voucher for the "privilege" of given the opportunity of buying a Steelers lookalike jersey.

The cluelessness of this franchise knows no bounds.....

Screenshot_20221105-110343_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

I know Seifert (Vikings reporter for ESPN) is trying to be funny, but is it still the case that the lots open at 9 am?  Seifert's tweet is stamped at 908 am, so not sure what he expects.......

I do expect "roughly" 60K at the stadium today. Over the crowd they had for the Jags, but possibly just a little less than the Packers game.

Edited by hail2skins

From our seats in 204.

Home side.

20221106_152412.jpg

7 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I know Seifert (Vikings reporter for ESPN) is trying to be funny, but is it still the case that the lots open at 9 am?  Seifert's tweet is stamped at 908 am, so not sure what he expects.......

I do expect "roughly" 60K at the stadium today. Over the crowd they had for the Jags, but possibly just a little less than the Packers game.

Yes.

Our lot Redzone  opens 5 hours before kickoff.

The rest of the lots open at 9.

1 hour ago, 86 Snyder said:

It was at least 60% purple from what I could see on red zone

Not quite, but there was a good amount of purple today.

Skinsfan1311 reporting from the old school 200s!  Isn't actually getting to sit down during the game a novel concept?

Squinting at the scoreboard, it looks like that was early in the 4th after we went ahead by 10. Seems like there's still a decent number of vacant club seats, and of course the upper deck is a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

@Skinsfan1311 not sure if you felt same way from your vantage point, but from 454 it looked like half of the lower ring on the visitors side was nearly completely purple and louder then the rest of the stadium combined. 

Like we were trying to make noise from our section on defense, slamming empty seats next to us, then especially in the 4th quarter the Vikings fans were jus louder when it was their turn.  I can't say for sure we were outnumbered, same as you, but damn it felt disappointing like it didn't matter...at home...

To me it felt like another egregious example of how exhausted and burntout our fan base was, it's one thing when we are clearly outnumbered, but when we arent???

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:30 AM, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsfan1311 not sure if you felt same way from your vantage point, but from 454 it looked like half of the lower ring on the visitors side was nearly completely purple and louder then the rest of the stadium combined. 

Like we were trying to make noise from our section on defense, slamming empty seats next to us, then especially in the 4th quarter the Vikings fans were jus louder when it was their turn.  I can't say for sure we were outnumbered, same as you, but damn it felt disappointing like it didn't matter...at home...

To me it felt like another egregious example of how exhausted and burntout our fan base was, it's one thing when we are clearly outnumbered, but when we arent???

This is kinda how I felt the game went. Vikings fans were loud after that first touchdown. From then on our fans got progressively louder throughout the game while theirs got quieter. By the time pick 6/ dpi happened our fans were at a fever pitch it was loud. Even lake lewis tweeted something out about it being the loudest he’d heard fedex in years.  As soon as the flag on the pick 6 happened though all air went out of our fans. That flag changed everything on the field and the atmosphere off it 

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

This is kinda how I felt the game went. Vikings fans were loud after that first touchdown. From then on our fans got progressively louder throughout the game while theirs got quieter. By the time pick 6/ dpi happened our fans were at a fever pitch it was loud. Even lake lewis tweeted something out about it being the loudest he’d heard fedex in years.  As soon as the flag on the pick 6 happened though all air went out of our fans. That flag changed everything on the field and the atmosphere off it 

That sucked the life out of the crowd.   BS call

• 2 weeks later...

Lmaooo people on twitter are clueless. 

Jp Finlay tweeted “commanders will unveil new Sean Taylor statue at this sundays game and wear 21 decals on the helmets” and there are people actually saying “why didn’t they announce this earlier??” And “last minute again!”

bro, they literally announced it TWICE over the summer 😂 

oh and then there’s “will the statue be by the porta potties and will Jackson mahomes be dancing around it”. First off, we aren’t playing the chiefs, so Jackson mahomes won’t be here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went to my first WAS games vs the Titans weeks ago. Great experience IMO. Lots of Titans fans but our cheering was loud enough.

Although there was alot of swearing going on for my liking, especially there were people with their kids their.

All in all, loved the experience. The taking the metro to and from stadium was not too hard, tailgating I saw outside looked like fun, and seats were ok, those TV screens on both ends were nice. But I wouldn't take my little girls to watch Commanders live though. Too many angry fans shouting abuse lol.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 3:33 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

oh and then there’s “will the statue be by the porta potties and will Jackson mahomes be dancing around it”. First off, we aren’t playing the chiefs, so Jackson mahomes won’t be here. 

I heard Jackson Mahomes was flying in specifically for this event just to do a dance?