Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

16 hours ago, hail2skins said:

SoCal, that experience looks so badass. SoFi seems like a marvel but the seating bowl looks such like the upper deck seats appear to be really high up. Allegiant, from a size perspective, appears to be a model for which the WFT should aim for when thinking about the scale of a new place.

I was on a Vegas message board and someone posted pictures of the spread they had on the suite level at Allegiant.  It looked so high-end and have to imagine it makes what they likely offer in the suites at FedEx look like garbage. When I still would attend games at FedEx, they had this crappy buffet on the club level that they were attempting to charge $100 per head for. Ridiculous.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-raiders-bublé-a-tourney-and-richie-for-an-awesome-las-vegas-quickie.187805/page-5

Yeah the food is ridiculous. So that Wynn club has tables with bottle service and a 10 grand spend minimum. The people around me were ordering some crazy seafood towers which were ridiculously massive with lobster tails, king crab and oysters. It’s exactly what you would think Vegas would be but it’s still impressive with those expectations.

People always said that not going to games was a strong way to send a message to Snyder.  Well, they're last in attendance now.  Don't think it's working.

And they're last by a pretty wide margin.  There's 9 teams that have had 1 fewer home game that still have higher total home attendance.  And they're a full 12% behind the 31st team in percent of total capacity per game.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

People always said that not going to games was a strong way to send a message to Snyder.  Well, they're last in attendance now.  Don't think it's working.

And they're last by a pretty wide margin.  There's 9 teams that have had 1 fewer home game that still have higher total home attendance.  And they're a full 12% behind the 31st team in percent of total capacity per game.

Good. We need to keep this trend going.

If only we could somehow get opposing fans to stay the hell away too and get that stadium to absolute ghost town. I would love to see that on an opening day game next year, just as a big "**** you" to Snyder.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I should follow Michael Phillips of the Richmond Times Dispatch more.  Aside from his reporting today that the Skins intend to tear up the existing club-level contracts and lower the prices of 11K tickers, he also had an article this week regarding how you can't get tickets cheap on the secondary market anymore. He listed the capacity of FedEx now as 67,617, which is different than the 82K capacity that you see on ESPN, so was curious as to where he got that figure. If you believe the attendance of the place was 91-92K at some point during the Gibbs 2 and Zorn eras, saying that they have removed 25K seats from the stadium seems high.  I do think the place probably holds more than what he says, but surely no more than 75K.

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/washington-has-the-nfls-worst-attendance-but-dont-expect-to-find-a-cheap-ticket/article_c219a532-9a75-5e46-bc1a-7ac936f7e210.html

Note, should also mentioned I just checked Stubhub prices for Sunday: With fees included, UL starts at 122, LL at 177, CL at 249. I know its Brady, but these are prices I would've expected for the playoff game if fans had been allowed. This ain't a playoff game.

Edited by hail2skins

17 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I should follow Michael Phillips of the Richmond Times Dispatch more.  Aside from his reporting today that the Skins intend to tear up the existing club-level contracts and lower the prices of 11K tickers, he also had an article this week regarding how you can't get tickets cheap on the secondary market anymore. He listed the capacity of FedEx now as 67,617, which is different than the 82K capacity that you see on ESPN, so was curious as to where he got that figure. If you believe the attendance of the place was 91-92K at some point during the Gibbs 2 and Zorn eras, saying that they have removed 25K seats from the stadium seems high.  I do think the place probably holds more than what he says, but surely no more than 75K.

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/washington-has-the-nfls-worst-attendance-but-dont-expect-to-find-a-cheap-ticket/article_c219a532-9a75-5e46-bc1a-7ac936f7e210.html

Note, should also mentioned I just checked Stubhub prices for Sunday: With fees included, UL starts at 122, LL at 177, CL at 249. I know its Brady, but these are prices I would've expected for the playoff game if fans had been allowed. This ain't a playoff game.

Probably be 80% Tampa fans.  Just like when Dallas comes to town.....

I must say...to those of you still regularly posting here.  My hat is off to you and your dedication. 

Perhaps one day we can all look back on this time as being the absolute lowest point of the franchise in every way imaginable.  Hopefully the new brand will reinvigorate this fanbase, and we can one day have something akin to what we once were.  

I must say it blows my mind to look back on the seasons of my youth and imagine that kid ever thinking things would be like this, and I'm not just talking about the play on the field.     

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I must say...to those of you still regularly posting here.  My hat is off to you and your dedication. 

Perhaps one day we can all look back on this time as being the absolute lowest point of the franchise in every way imaginable.  Hopefully the new brand will reinvigorate this fanbase, and we can one day have something akin to what we once were.  

I must say it blows my mind to look back on the seasons of my youth and imagine that kid ever thinking things would be like this, and I'm not just talking about the play on the field.     

Used to feel this way. Even after I dropped my tickets about 9 years ago. Thought being a foul weather fan meant something. Like earning good things to come. Now spending any money on them seems foolish. It's not because I'm down one some player or coach. It's all about Snyder. **** that guy. I want to see record low attendance and him being a bigger and bigger headache for the league. 

• Like 1

Posted this earlier in another thread but more appropriate here.

Rad an article in my local paper this week that the WFT is dead last in the NFL with average attendance in numbers as well as a percentage of what the stadium will hold.  Think about that for a moment.  A franchise that has been to and won multiple Super Bowls dead last in attendance in the NFL.  Even below the likes of the Lions.  If Dan needed any other verification of the fact that he has ruined a franchise under his reign, he need look no further.  

I don't think the club level ever sold well, even in the couple years before Snyder took over, and the garish yellow color of the seats made the emptiness stick out badly on TV. Other stadiums have done something similar with their seating colors, the Superdome among them.

Edited by profusion

6 minutes ago, profusion said:

I don't think the club level ever sold well, even in the couple years before Snyder took over, and the garish yellow color of the seats made the emptiness stick out badly on TV. Other stadiums have done something similar with their seating colors, the Superdome among them.

I do remember the opening game at the stadium against the Cardinals and the yellow seats were noticeable. 

That said, I do remember the club seats being relatively full. But when it got to a point where people were able-bodied to buy club seats on Stubhub for $50 or less, there's no way any person with a brain would continue with their contract.

The Skins just announced that they are going to lower club seat prices. It'll be interesting to see how much by.

23 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Arians took a bit of a shot at the fan support today in his postgame presser when asked about why the Bucs aren't as good on the road this year. He said something like, " ... that wasn't even crowd noise today." 

About 3:50 in. 

That was so off the cuff that it's clearly genuine. It's sad that it's that obvious how bad our lack of attendance and crowd noise is. 

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

The crowd did seem loud and lively today.

It was okay, but Arians is right, it wasn't a significant factor at all. I've heard much louder at other games, a lot of people seemed more nervous then excited, honestly. 

Edited by Renegade7

• 2 weeks later...

52680 tonight. Stadium, aside from the lower bowl, looked about as empty as it always does. Number is in line with previous games, but given the relative cheapness of tickets on the secondary market compared to the Tampa game, surprised that this one outdrew that one, albeit slightly. Maybe the winning streak is getting some folks excited.