Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Attendance

SkinsFan_07

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Snyder probably sales half the tickets direct to stubhub…

Used to be the case, but probably not now, which is why you're no longer seeing very cheap secondary market prices for games, especially in the club level, and thus crappy attendance.

It bears repeating. The Cowboys game has been, is, and will always be the highest demand game each season.

In 2004, between the dream seats and cave seats on the 200 level visitors side, Snyder added at least 10K seats to what was already an 80K stadium.

Reported attendance numbers have been wonky, especially in recent years, but between 2004-2010, before they started removing capacity in the upper deck (the end zone clubs were made SRO in 2010), the reported numbers for the Cowboys game were between 90-91K except for one season, 2009, a late season night game when Zorn was a dead man walking.

Today there is 61K.  That is a third lower in the course of a decade. Staggering.

• Thanks 1

I think today the weak Attendance was probably ticket cost combined with the other issues that we talk about in other threads. 

Asking people to come off over 200 a seat less than three weeks out from Christmas (even if it is Dallas) is a lot to expect...unless you are a Dallas fan in the DMV and this is your one chance to see your team locally this year. I'm working a schedule right now that made going today impossible, but there is no way I was going to shell out that kind of cash anyhow.  I would love to go to every single home game, but I'm at the head of a family of 5 and have a fixed budget.  I simply can't afford to pay those kind of prices.  

I've been to every home game since the 2008 season, and about half of the games between 1997-2007 seasons. We've always had several visiting fans in the stands in all D.C. sports, but the last 5 years have been horrendous at FedEx. Attendance as a whole is so sad.

Parking, however, takes so much longer ever since they started scanning the passes.

Cheapest tickets on Stubhub right now, including fees, are touching $100 per.

Is any sane Skins fan who doesn't yet have tickets feel motivated to drop that coin to schlep to FedEx after that nonsense last night?

Of course, I really hope that catastrophe served to light a fire under the players and coaches and that they will compete against Philly, and probably outright win...even if it does turn out to be in front of mostly Eagles fans at FedEx.

Yesterday was awesome weather outside and I am upset with myself for wasting 3 hours of my time sitting inside and watching that game.  What a complete waste of time and energy.

I have no faith that we will win the next 3 games.   Probably will tape the games if they are shown in my tv market.  A few games this year were not available.  Instead they

showed Philly or the Ravens games.

5 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Yesterday was awesome weather outside and I am upset with myself for wasting 3 hours of my time sitting inside and watching that game.  What a complete waste of time and energy.

I have no faith that we will win the next 3 games.   Probably will tape the games if they are shown in my tv market.  A few games this year were not available.  Instead they

showed Philly or the Ravens games.

...the next THREE games? Umm....we only have eagles and then giants. That’s two. 

and as for the weather outside, well, where are you from where the weather was nice at 8:15? It wasn’t daytime anymore. 

13 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Cheapest tickets on Stubhub right now, including fees, are touching $100 per.

$100?  I remember going to a Jets game for less then $30, which we lost as well.  $100 sounds like demand from Eagles fans to get in and take over the stadium.