Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Chargers at Team

TK
Message added by TK,

871587837_ScreenShot2021-09-11at3_15_04PM.thumb.png.f4e1de31ee5daec0f4bc8301947a1c67.png

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah people here are in for a rude awakening if they think Heinicke might actually be good. He is not good and he’s extremely limited. His only potential trump card is his above average mobility, and if he uses it he’s dead within two games. He has possibly a weaker arm than Colt McCoy and doesn’t lead guys open to make up for it. 

Or you're wrong and Heinicke is about to slaughter his enemies. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I can’t believe no one else seems to be concerned with the “2-gap defense” line by the announcers. That’s… a real big deal.

It's not that most efficient use of our talent. I don't believe the announcer. Or I don't want to believe the announcer. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I can’t believe no one else seems to be concerned with the “2-gap defense” line by the announcers. That’s… a real big deal.

I’ve read a lot of your posts on this stuff over the years and because of that my ears immediately perked up in bad way when I heard it. I was hoping they were incorrect, but have been waiting to see you posts more bc I know it’s bad news and speaks to a very passive mindset that wastes the talent of this DL.

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

We don’t have a mediocre qb and this team is very obviously not stacked.

Fitz and Heinicke are both mediocre QBs. And we theoretically do have a stacked team, especially on defense with lots of talent at multiple positions, notably on the DL.

The problem is that an elite QB can basically negate much of that because they know exactly how to beat defensive strengths, especially if they have a decent OC. We have a hugely talented DL and decent DBs but it hasn't mattered at all because Herbert is going through his reads and getting the ball out fast and on time and very accurately.

We're not going anywhere until we find our QB of the future. Most likely we'll be a 8-8 or 9-7 type team most years with a good defense.

Just now, Bacon said:

Or you're wrong and Heinicke is about to slaughter his enemies. 

I wish more than anything that that was the case, but if he has to actually start a lot of games this year (if he stays healthy enough to and Fitz isn’t) and be gameplanned for this season is already over. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah people here are in for a rude awakening if they think Heinicke might actually be good. He is not good and he’s extremely limited. His only potential trump card is his above average mobility, and if he uses it he’s dead within two games. He has possibly a weaker arm than Colt McCoy and doesn’t lead guys open to make up for it. 

You don’t have a clue what you are talking about 

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Oh I noticed that too, and it really bugged me. Aren't we supposed to be a 1 gap penetrating defense? Why the hell are we having our guys be lane cloggers? Or are the announcers just not correct?