Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ATN Random * NFL* Thought Thread---Read OP

Jumbo

If Aaron didn't reveal his unvaccinated status and violated protocols; will the NFL punish him?

What does are resident PackerSkins fan think?

Because of Covid protocols; Aaron could miss 2 games.  Yeah, the 7-1 Packers will still win the North easily.  But, if Jordon Love can't lead the Packers to victory next 2 weeks; that's 2 losses.  2 losses that could cost the Packers homefield in the NFC. Considering how close the Top 5 teams are; this could cost the Packers a shot of making the Superbowl. I don't see the Packers winning at Tampa or Los Angeles- the 2 teams most likely to get homefield.  If Arizona or Dallas get it, they might be beatable.

8 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, Ruggs had a BAC level of .161, and was driving 156 MPH....WOW

He killed a 23 year old girl and her dog.   I had many friends that lived in the area that the crash occurred, when i was in High School.  First thing I thought of is I hope it isn't anyone I know.  The road (Rainbow Blvd) is long and straight and at that time of the morning there is not much traffic and there is only a couple of stoplights between two major intersections (just over a mile between Flamingo Rd. and Tropicana Ave.).  In a 24 hour town, things like this happen way too often.  I am guessing he was going home from a club and there are plenty of cabs and other ride shares available.  It is inexcusable for him to be driving drunk (over double the legal limit) and not to mention over 3 times the speed limit (45mph zone).  I hope he gets a lengthy sentence.

8 minutes ago, aszumilo said:

He killed a 23 year old girl and her dog.   I had many friends that lived in the area that the crash occurred, when i was in High School.  First thing I thought of is I hope it isn't anyone I know.  The road (Rainbow Blvd) is long and straight and at that time of the morning there is not much traffic and there is only a couple of stoplights between two major intersections (just over a mile between Flamingo Rd. and Tropicana Ave.).  In a 24 hour town, things like this happen way too often.  I am guessing he was going home from a club and there are plenty of cabs and other ride shares available.  It is inexcusable for him to be driving drunk (over double the legal limit) and not to mention over 3 times the speed limit (45mph zone).  I hope he gets a lengthy sentence.

He should get death but they don't do that for drunk drivers who kill people.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He should get death but they don't do that for drunk drivers who kill people.

This is over the top. This isn't a 33 year old serial criminal like AB who did this. Ruggs is a 22 year old kid who was active in the community and well liked by his teammates - you are seeing the emotion from Carr, Tua, Hurts and others. He should serve time but deserves a chance at redemption

1 hour ago, method man said:

This is over the top. This isn't a 33 year old serial criminal like AB who did this. Ruggs is a 22 year old kid who was active in the community and well liked by his teammates - you are seeing the emotion from Carr, Tua, Hurts and others. He should serve time but deserves a chance at redemption

He took a life, he should at least spend the rest of it; rotting in a jail cell. No redemption.   He made the choice to drive while he was intoxicated.  He was going 156 mph when he slammed into that other car.  No, he deserves the full punishment. He's over 18 and is an adult and now he must face the consequences of his actions.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, method man said:

I agree with 99% of this, except for calling him a kid.  Nah, he's a grown ass adult.  His age has nothing to do with this.  He's old enough to know better and should get no benefit of the doubt for his relative youth, in terms of his punishment.  His life is in front ofnhim, but he made the decision to not care about that. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, method man said:

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/04/henry-ruggs-dui-crash-video-swearing-sobbing-raiders-nfl/?fbclid=IwAR3AHjXKfCeqI1Bw1gmaPS1rxuEknS76fr-HQDIIa4RTYeOiqdggnja80R0

He had a gun in the car also, which must have been for his activeness in the community. 

This is a hard watch knowing a young woman and her dog are burning up in the car.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Aaron didn't reveal his unvaccinated status and violated protocols; will the NFL punish him?

What does are resident PackerSkins fan think?

Because of Covid protocols; Aaron could miss 2 games.  Yeah, the 7-1 Packers will still win the North easily.  But, if Jordon Love can't lead the Packers to victory next 2 weeks; that's 2 losses.  2 losses that could cost the Packers homefield in the NFC.

If Arizona or Dallas get it, they might be beatable.

If you saw Aaron celebrating in the Bears game, telling the fans he owns the Bears... he feels similar to that when he plays in Dallas.  He likes to laugh about owning the Cowboys stadium, as I think he is undefeated in the regular season and post season when he has played there.

A call from the Colts-Jets game just made me smile.

The only season I ever played on a real tackle football team was as a freshman in high school.  I was not a good player, but I was the starting center. So, I have an affinity for centers.

I love it when the refs say "False start...offense... everyone but the center".

The looks you get in the huddle after that call are priceless.

Edited by Nerm
  • Haha 1

May Donna Rodgers never win another Superbowl.   Odell Beckham Jr is getting his wish; Browns will release him. I see him either with the Rams, Packers or Raiders next; if he clears waivers. If he doesn't clear waivers, my gues the Team that claims him; will be a team Odell doesn't like.

Edited by Rdskns2000

What the hell happened to Todd Gurley?  It is crazy how far that guy fell off.  It was so odd, I remember that year the Rams went to the Super Bowl, about halfway through the season he just sort of stopped playing with no injury ever made apparent.  He is only 27.  Adrian Peterson is still getting chances to play but no one will call Todd Gurley.

On 11/2/2021 at 2:36 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, that’s tragic. Wow :( 

athletes are stupid, they make so much money, just take uber or lyft wherever you’re going to or coming back from if you’re too intoxicated to drive. 

I'm guessing that option to hire a ride wouldn't have made a difference.

A lot of people, especially ones making millions of dollars, are addicted to the thrill of driving a souped up, expensive and fast car, at 156 mph. Sadly, even through residential neighborhoods.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I'm guessing that option to hire a ride wouldn't have made a difference.

A lot of people, especially ones making millions of dollars, are addicted to the thrill of driving a souped up, expensive and fast car, at 156 mph. Sadly, even through residential neighborhoods.

What do you mean it wouldn’t have made a difference? If he had the option (which he does) and went with that option instead, then he wouldn’t have driven drunk, and nothing would’ve happened. 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What do you mean it wouldn’t have made a difference? If he had the option (which he does) and went with that option instead, then he wouldn’t have driven drunk, and nothing would’ve happened. 

I explained that.

I am in no way assuming that this is the case, but it's surely a possibility in our society. Simply put, people with fast cars just like to drive them fast - even if there is no need to ; it's the thrill-seeker in many people. And the DUI status may have fueled that desire even more, since those substances lower inhibitions and such.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository