Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ATN Random * NFL* Thought Thread---Read OP

Jumbo

6 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

They should enjoy being competitive. They have been bad for so long. 

Firing and “retools” can go south very easily. 

Rams have given up draft picks, sign players with one thing in mind- Superbowl or bust.  So if they don't win a Superbowl by the 2023; someone will pay the price for the Rams making all those moves and those moves don't yield a title.

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Rams have given up draft picks, sign players with one thing in mind- Superbowl or bust.  So if they don't win a Superbowl by the 2023; someone will pay the price for the Rams making all those moves and those moves don't yield a title.

I think it's funny that everyone is in agreement that the Rams MUST win a SB in the immediate future. However, no one has any idea if they actually will be able to or not. 

Heading into Week 10, after this weekend games; everyone will have played 9 games. The true midpoint of the season.

Teams will have:

If they had their bye already, 8 more games.

If they still have to have their bye, 7 more games.

NFC

Current rankings:

1. Cards: 8-1

2. Packers: 7-2

3. Bucs: 6-2

4. Boys: 6-2

5. Rams: 7-2

6. Saints: 5-3

7. Falcons: 4-4

8. Panthers: 4-5

9. Vikings: 3-5

10. Seahawks: 3-5

There's 4 more teams with 3 wins but doubtful they could win enough to contend for the 7th wild card.  In the NFC, the top 5 are the Superbowl contenders. I think the NFC is stronger than the AFC and will win the Superbowl. I think the Top 5 will definitely make the playoffs.  I think the Saints will get the 6th seed.  So, the real battle in the NFC will be for homefield and the 7th wild card.  The 7th wild card will go to one of these teams: Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, Seahawks.  I think it will be with a 9-8 record but 8-9 is very possible.

AFC

1. Titans: 7-2

2. Ravens: 6-3

3. Chargers: 5-3

4. Bills: 5-3

5. Raiders: 5-3

6. Steelers: 5-3

7. Pats: 5-4

8. Chiefs: 5-4

9. Browns: 5-4

10. Bengals: 5-4

11. Broncos: 5-4

12. Colts: 4-5

The AFC has a more deeper bench than the NFC.  It's wide open in the AFC. Frankly, I have no idea who's a legit contender now. Each team has flaws. Any team can get hot and be the AFC representative.  Should be very interesting to see how the AFC plays down the stretch.

Just read this in a game recap today.  He may never play a game again... but it feels like a "Rudy" type victory.  He gets a chance to step on the field in a real game.  Congrats to Lirim!

"Cowboys kicker Lirim Hajrullahu made his NFL debut at age 31 with Greg Zuerlein on the COVID-19 list."

On 11/14/2021 at 8:16 PM, Nerm said:

Just read this in a game recap today.  He may never play a game again... but it feels like a "Rudy" type victory.  He gets a chance to step on the field in a real game.  Congrats to Lirim!

"Cowboys kicker Lirim Hajrullahu made his NFL debut at age 31 with Greg Zuerlein on the COVID-19 list."

“it goes like this, the fourth, the fifth, the minor falls, the major lifts, the baffled king composing Hajrullahu” 

• Haha 1

On 11/14/2021 at 8:16 PM, Nerm said:

Wait a second.

Why didn't we hear about this guy, when we thought that Chris Blewitt was the best option at the time ?

Lirim Hajrullahu wasn't on anyone's roster between 9/21 and 11/10 !

I think the 2 most annoying fan bases (currently) are the dolphins and Bills.

The freaking bills mafia are so arrogant for a team that’s win nothing in 30 years.

The Dolphins might be worse.  They’ve sucked longer.

it’s fine to be a fan and excited about your team but at least have some understanding your team has stunk forever.  We do.  I don’t think there is one arrogant WFT fan left.  

12 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I think the 2 most annoying fan bases (currently) are the dolphins and Bills.

The freaking bills mafia are so arrogant for a team that’s win nothing ever, period

Fixed that for you... 🤣

The Bills fanbase is like the Steelers fanbase in that they're unfortunately everywhere. The rustbelt isn't so awesome for jobs, so they scatter around the country and infiltrate everywhere, coming out like a giant game of Whack-a-Mole whenever there's a whiff of competence.

The Buffalo curse is a very real thing. My guess is it really does go back to the Sabres' "Fog Game" of 1975.

Edited by ntotoro

24 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Do you experience a lot of those fans ?

I'm curious how you came to that conclusion - by going to a game in Miami or Buffalo ? Or living in that area ?

There are a lot of Bills Mafia fans in the DC area.  I happen to be friends with more than a few of them.  They clog up my social media. FWIW, before 2017, they hadn't made the playoffs since 1999.  They were still obnoxious during that drought, now that they have had a little success, it's over-the-top.  

Miami is similar but somewhat less obvious in this area.  But there are a ton of Miami fans who still think Don Shula is there winning SBs and going undefeated, and living off of those glory years.  I used to travel a lot, and I ran into them everywhere.  Also, I went to the Skins vs. Miami game, I think it was the first game Kirk started, and they were just so fantastically obnoxious.  I turned to one of them and was like, "I get it, but you realize our team actually has been to the playoffs more recently than yours, and we have sucked for 25 years."  (That was 2015, they hadn't made it since 2008, and before that it was 2001.  We went in 2005 and 20012.  Which wasn't great, but was marginally better.  And the way they were hooting and hollaring you would have thought they were coming off of a 10 year run of playoff appearances.

At least the Steelers and Ravens, both with loud-mouth obnoxious fan bases, have success to back them up.

Eagles, Giants and Dallas fans are all annoying.  However, I just eliminated them from the list because they are in the division, and everybody knows how annoying they are.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

At least the Steelers and Ravens, both with loud-mouth obnoxious fan bases, have success to back them up.

I hate Steelers and Heinz Field too,
I hate the Yinzers from the Pittsburgh Zoo,
The prices are high, the seats are unclean,
The towels are dirty and the people are mean,
And the fan's egos are big and the players are dumb,
And the receivers are loopy because they're tiktok bums.
The QB is a rapist and their linebackers are ass,
They play real bad and they think they're Kansas,
In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvaniaaaaaaaaaa.

Ya know actually, I think I pretty much hate all of Pittsburgh.

I hate Pittsburgh Penguins and Pitt Panthers, Pirates, Riverhounds and Rugby Club.
Their hockey sucks and their baseball sucks and their soccer sucks and their rugby club sucks.

I went to Pittsburgh to go to a baptism with James Harrison,
But he beat someone up and they dropped all charges so he wouldn't go to prison,
I went nightclub crawling and got shot in the foot with a gun.
I don't even know how Plaxico did it really, he never even pulled the gun out of his pocket.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-a-a-a-a-a-a-a SUCKS

Edited by NickyJ
  • Haha 1