Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ATN Random * NFL* Thought Thread---Read OP

Jumbo

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nfl will now let both teams have the ball in playoff ot.

Team A gets ball, scores TD

Team B gets ball, scores TD

Team A gets ball, kicks FG

Please convince me that's going to result in any less complaining than we have with the current system.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Please convince me that's going to result in any less complaining than we have with the current system.

in 10 years, it will be if one team leads at the end of the OT quarter, the other team gets a 2nd quarter.

36 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

in 10 years, it will be if one team leads at the end of the OT quarter, the other team gets a 2nd quarter.

I don't like taking kickoffs (even though they have become a bit pointless) and punting out of OT, but at some point they're going to go to something like the college rules.

I like the OT change.

But I don't like how the second team to get possession can play 4 down football where the first team can't.

How I'd fix it:

Possession begins at your own 25. Regardless.

Any interception is live until the person is taken down. If they score directly off of a turnover the game is over.

Both teams can now play 4-down football.

18 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Team B should go for 2.

The Peter King's of the world are going to always complain because ultimately there's a coin flip involved. So if Mahomes and Allen both lead their teams to TD drives, Mahomes would lead another drive and then Allen wouldn't. Peter King would complain again along with some others. 

So why not just start at their own 25 and each team gets an equal number of possessions until a tie is broken after the even numbered possessions. However, I'm sure Peter King and the like would find fault with that too. 

On 3/30/2022 at 8:14 AM, KDawg said:

How I'd fix it:

I still really want OT to be a kicker competition.   Only two players on the field, each teams kicker.  Start at the 40 yard line and each kicker gets a shot until one misses.  Move back two yards after each round.

16 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I still really want OT to be a kicker competition.   Only two players on the field, each teams kicker.  Start at the 40 yard line and each kicker gets a shot until one misses.  Move back two yards after each round.

Start at the twenty and a different player has to kick each time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...