Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ATN Random * NFL* Thought Thread---Read OP

Jumbo

50 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

my idea of most fun match up this year as of today (keeping it realistic) would be the cards vs chargers

that would be cool

anyone else got one they'd like to see the most,  not involving the wft ?

Maybe Wentz leading the Colts against the Eagles.  Preferably in Philly.

• Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

my idea of most fun match up this year as of today (keeping it realistic) would be the cards vs chargers

that would be cool

anyone else got one they'd like to see the most,  not involving the wft ?

I picked the Bills to beat the Bucs in the Super Bowl and I will stick with that. Bills fans get their Super Bowl win  and Tommy gets to experience losing a Super Bowl in another uniform.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

this is a sentiment i already see a number of people sharing: i really hope the urban myer experience doesn't seriously impair the development of lawrence

if the average nfl owner wasn't such an uber-greedy insecure ethics-free operator (leaving out 'old white male' which is another story), urban would have been canned immediately after recently displaying his low level of judgment, and so soon after he's placed under the biggest lights in the biz

• Thanks 1

Heading into week 8, interesting how the season is playing out.

NFC East- a one team division. Dallas is running away with it. The other 3 are just battling for draft position.

NFC North - Green Bay has the division.  Minny is a fringe wild card team, battling for the 6th or 7th wild card slot. The other 2 aren't going anywhere.

NFC South - Tampa has the division. New Orleans is battling for  6th orr 7th wild card slot. Atlanta could either fade or battle for 7th wild card. Carolina is done.

NFC West -  Los Angeles & Arizona are battling for the division and 5th wild card. San Fran isn't going anywhere. Seattle is done & will be far gone, when Russ returns.

In the nfc the real contenders are Dallas, Green Bay, Tampa, Los Angeles and Arizona.

AFC East - Buffalo has the division. New England will need to win games, in order to be a 7th wild card. Possible. The other 2 are done.

AFC North - Cincy and Baltimore are battling for the division. Cleveland & Pittsburgh are battling 6th/7th wild card or missing the playoffs.

AFC South - Tennessee probably has division. Indy could go on run to get a wild card. Jacksonville and Houston are done.

AFC West - Las Vegas and Los Angeles battling for division and wild card. Kansas City could rebound for a wild card. Denver could either fade or battle for a wild card.

I think Buffalo, Cincy, Baltimore, Tennessee,  Las Vegas and San Diego are AFC contenders.  If Kansas City makes the playoffs,  it will be a quick exit.

• Like 1

I was going to put this in the "**** the Cowboys" thread, but I didn't want to ruin the vibe in there.

Fun fact that I just found on pro-football reference:  Dallas has not had a loosing record when their week 1 starting QB played most of the season since 2004.  They have had 3 loosing seasons since 2004.  The leading passers in those seasons were Kitna (2010), Matt Cassel (2015), and Dalton (2020).

Cowboys have never had a loosing season when Dak or Romo played most of the snaps for the year.

I'm guessing that I find this fact more interesting than most on ES do, but I just had to share it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good lord there are some idiots on twitter (cue the “no ****” replies......). So, on a tweet yesterday that said QB Dak Prescott expressed more optimism about his calf, saying that if it was a playoff game, he'd be playing, one of the replies was from some dude with Carson Wentz in a colts uniform as his profile picture. His reply was “sadly Taylor Heinicke will be playing in a playoff game not u dak”. Myself, and 4 other people have various responses, mainly asking if he’s high or drunk, and that Washington won’t be in the playoffs. 

today, this Steelers fan responds to me, with the “joke over your head” gif. Ummm.....ok? So, explain to me, dip ****......what was the “joke” that i soooooo clearly missed? 

Stupid colts fan jumps in with “the joke is that no **** the wft isn’t going to the playoffs the cowboys are one of the best teams in the nfc“

..........sooooo, that’s the “joke” that me and 4 others missed? HUH? Make it make sense 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

So now, the Rams trade for Von Miller.

I know McVay is a good coach, but I'm starting to think he's over-rated because for one thing, if he was such a great coach, why has he been basically trying to buy a Super Bowl, ever since Day 1 as coach of the Rams ?

I mean, it's like he's been trading for star players non-stop during his tenure.

This sums it up.

249295937_4908584889188160_1172504689305874271_n.jpg

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So now, the Rams trade for Von Miller.

I know McVay is a good coach, but I'm starting to think he's over-rated because for one thing, if he was such a great coach, why has he been basically trying to buy a Super Bowl, ever since Day 1 as coach of the Rams ?

Tampa has retread all-star team, why can't LA?

Los Angeles Rams are what I thought the Snyder Redskins were gonna be when I first really started following the team in 2002.  Ultra aggressive, but completely ineffective instead, now passive and ineffective in comparison.  Rams are ultra aggressive as well, but the results speak for themselves. 

21 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Henry Ruggs being charged with DUI crash involving death of another.......he is done. 

Yeah, that’s tragic. Wow :( 

athletes are stupid, they make so much money, just take uber or lyft wherever you’re going to or coming back from if you’re too intoxicated to drive. 

• Like 2

if they aren’t trading Watson, why isn’t his camp pushing to play?  His behavior makes no sense.  He’s basically surrendered a year of his career for nothing, because by waiting he’s let the nfl wait to punish him.  Wouldn’t it benefit him to get that ball rolling now since he didn’t want to play for the Texans anyway?  

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, that’s tragic. Wow :( 

athletes are stupid, they make so much money, just take uber or lyft wherever you’re going to or coming back from if you’re too intoxicated to drive. 

I do wonder if the victim was wearing a seatbelt.  And, if not, how that gets factored in on this.

Stallworth came back to play and so did Leonard Little.

Not defending Ruggs at all.  So avoidable.

• Like 1