Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ATN Random * NFL* Thought Thread---Read OP

Jumbo

The Bucs seem like they're operating like Brady's old team.

Taking players who are believed to be done with, for whatever reason ; whether it's simply age, retirement status, or unwanted by other teams, etc

Including Brady, Gronk, A-Brown, and R-Sherman now.

So far, it's working.

Imagine if we signed players like Brown or Sherman. The ridicule would be embarrassing.

When I started watching the NFL in the early 80s, my favorite players were always RBs.  Of course, as a Dallas fan, it helped to go from Tony Dorsett, to Herschel Walker, to Emmitt Smith without any duds along the way.  I just reviewed the all time rushing yardage list.  With Peterson, Gore, McCoy, and Lynch not currently signed, there is no current NFL player that is in the top 50 all time in rushing yards. Talk about the end of an era. 

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is anyone else surprised that Doug Pederson does not have a job ? Like, not just a HC job - but no job AT ALL.

I was surprised enough that he was fired. But I'm shocked he's not working somewhere, and at a high level.

This has to be by his choice, right ? Take at least a year off, or something ?

No.  A lot of head coaches that get fired; don’t immediately get back into coaching. They take a year off. Other coaches take whatever job they can get.

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Has anyone heard rumors of Texans and dolphins being in talks for 3 1sts, 1 2nd, and two 3rds, for Watson, and then dolphins would likely trade tua to us for a 2nd and that Monday might be the day this happens? Not sure how credible this is 

I can't imagine a haul like that for Watson unless the picks are conditional.  That is very high risk for someone facing the allegations Watson is facing.  Also, wouldn't it make sense for the Texans to want Tua in return?  Maybe they don't have any interest in him.

Edited by Nerm

On 9/30/2021 at 2:22 PM, Nerm said:

I can't imagine a haul like that for Watson unless the picks are conditional.  That is very high risk for someone facing the allegations  Watson is facing.  Also, wouldn't it make sense for the Texans to want Tua in return?  Maybe they don't have any interest in him.

Heyyyy man..🤮congrats..to 🤮 your cowboys 🤮..dak is.rolling... people have been laughing at me but since that week 1 game against Tampa I said the🤮cowboys were for real🤮 no one belived me but there changing there minds now haha...in the nfc I got the bucs cardinals/rams 🤮cowboys in the running for a deep run into the playoffs...then there's that suprise team hmmmmm...

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:26 PM, bakedtater1 said:

Heyyyy man..🤮congrats..to 🤮 your cowboys 🤮..dak is.rolling... people have been laughing at me but since that week 1 game against Tampa I said the🤮cowboys were for real🤮 no belived me but there changing there minds now haha...in the nfc I got the bucs cardinals/rams 🤮cowboys in the running for a deep run into the playoffs...then there's that suprise team hmmmmm...

This has been a fun year so far.  The start they have had has been unexpected.  They held a lead on the road against the superbowl champs with 10 seconds left in their only loss so far.  They have two wins against otherwise undefeated teams, and a blow out against their division rival.  So far so good, but they have shown the ability to loose 5+ starters in any given week to injuries, suspensions, and covid protocols.  The whole thing can come crashing down in a very short time.

24 minutes ago, Nerm said:

This has been a fun year so far.  The start they have had has been unexpected.  They held a lead on the road against the superbowl champs with 10 seconds left in their only loss so far.  They have two wins against otherwise undefeated teams, and a blow out against their division rival.  So far so good, but they have shown the ability to loose 5+ starters in any given week to injuries, suspensions, and covid protocols.  The whole thing can come crashing down in a very short time.

Well..keep up the positive attitude hehe and we'll see ya towards the end of the year.

• Thanks 1