Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who’s on the WFT reserve/COVID-19 list (and when)--NOT a 'covid discussion' thread!

SB17

We got screwed with the new Covid testing rules. Basically as of today, vaxxed players don’t need to test unless they are showing symptoms with the exception of teams in the enhanced protocol which we are in. If these rules were in place before our outbreak, we only had 2 symptomatic players and that would not have triggered the enhanced protocol. So until this is over we will keep getting popped with asymptomatic positives. Not an even playing field at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kind of an out of the box idea, but it might be a good idea to bring Alex Smith in on a two week contract. He knows the system, is a good caretaker, and his instinct is to pass the ball really quickly. Not sure if Alex would want to come to be a placeholder/season savior, but it would be an amazing story turn.

(Haven't read the thread so if this has been talked about before I missed it :))

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb down 2

8 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Kind of an out of the box idea, but it might be a good idea to bring Alex Smith in on a two week contract. He knows the system, is a good caretaker, and his instinct is to pass the ball really quickly. Not sure if Alex would want to come to be a placeholder/season savior, but it would be an amazing story turn.

(Haven't read the thread so if this has been talked about before I missed it :))

Would he even want to though, after feeling how he felt about the organization in the offseason?

10 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Things didn't end so hot here.  Alex took it personally when the new regime wasn't gung ho to get him playing again.  I also read he wasn't a big fan of our head trainer that got raided as well.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Would he even want to though, after feeling how he felt about the organization in the offseason?

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Things didn't end so hot here.  Alex took it personally when the new regime wasn't gung ho to get him playing again.  I also read he wasn't a big fan of our head trainer that got raided as well.

I thought about that, too. The question there would be how much does the heat of the moment linger? Is Alex still salty? I mean, from a distance, the Rivera team probably did right by him, and his reinjury kind of confirmed it. Still, Alex did seem pretty unhappy with the team in those articles.

I do think the idea could be poetically cool if it happened and Smith led the 'skins to a victory that put them in the playoffs again.

43 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Please don’t take this personally, I’m not attacking you. But this may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read and I’ve been on Twitter for ten years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Please don’t take this personally, I’m not attacking you. But this may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever read and I’ve been on Twitter for ten years.

Oh no it isn't. It's just that your memory is going ;)

But seriously, if Heinike and Allen are both out, then I don't see how the possibility of bringing Alex back would be the worst idea in Twitter history (other than it's pretty far fetched.) Would you feel that much better about having a practice squad guy who's been on the team two weeks take over?

Edited by Burgold

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Oh no it isn't. It's just that your memory is going ;)

But seriously, if Heinike and Allen are both out, then I don't see how the possibility of bringing Alex back would be the worst idea in Twitter history (other than it's pretty far fetched.) Would you feel that much better about having a practice squad guy who's been on the team two weeks take over?

Smith could barely move when he was here. You want to put a guy who probably hasn't picked up a football in close to a year, who still has about 2% of his original leg left into the line-up in an important divisional game, where the weather is predicted to be about 35 degrees with an absolute makeshift OL, an RB with a fumbling issue and no receivers?

I'd MUCH rather have Gilbert starting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Smith could barely move when he was here. You want to put a guy who probably hasn't picked up a football in close to a year, who still has about 2% of his original leg left into the line-up in an important divisional game, where the weather is predicted to be about 35 degrees with an absolute makeshift OL, an RB with a fumbling issue and no receivers?

I'd MUCH rather have Gilbert starting.

Exactly, and what would be in it for Smith? money? the chance to add another loss to his stats? Plus the fact that he would be entering a facility apparently crawling with Covid. I don't think he would be motivated to come here at all.

1 minute ago, London Kev said:

Exactly, and what would be in it for Smith? money? the chance to add another loss to his stats? Plus the fact that he would be entering a facility apparently crawling with Covid. I don't think he would be motivated to come here at all.

Forget whether or not he would want to, it would be the worst decision the franchise known for making bad decisions could make.

53 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Twitter is where people ask if it's ok to put drops of urine in their eyes and onions on their feet to fight illness. So I highly doubt it lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3