Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

On 6/8/2021 at 1:04 PM, Riggo'sRangers said:

I’m a couple pages behind but have to chime in on this. Devaroe Lawrence’s story is truly awesome. I’m good friends with his two step-sisters here in Greenville, SC. He had a very rough up-bringing as the story states. My friends dad (former Georgia Tech tight end) saw his potential and took him under his wing and became his mentor when he got to high school. He was able to get him on the right path and eventually ended up adopting him toward the end of his high school years.  He still goes by Jamal when he’s back visiting the family. What you see in the video clips is what he is. Happy-go-lucky dude. I couldn’t be pulling harder for him to make the 53. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Die Hard said:

JoggingGod.

30B2F963-0844-4744-A04C-9E50267FF965.gif

Hard to classify that guy as a fan though. He's more of a slave to the Washington organization because he can't help but to watch this miserable excuse of a franchise regardless of how repulsive they look. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Haha 1

The Hopkins story about him making the 50 yarder at the end of OTAs put the bug in my head. Are we ever going to bring in competition at kicker? Hopkins is a good kickoff guy, but his accuracy fluctuates and he seems to get hurt more than most kickers.

I am having problems deciding which one of these rookies has a high chance of being a bust.  Is it possible that the entire class turns out to be quality starters or depth?     The statistics would say its highly improbable, but besides one of the 7th round picks or the long snapper, I wouldn't bet against any of them. I really wouldn't want to bet against the 7th rounders either, but Dax might not succeed  here just be because there is too much depth at WR.      

It would be funny if the Long snapper ends up the only one who busts completely.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UK Skins said:

What have I missed? Why do you think he is a bust already?

I really have no idea.  I thought it would be funny if everyone else in the class succeeded except for the long snapper.  I chose him because he is the only player that you really dont have enough information to feel one way or the other about.  I got nothing against him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In regards to the QB competition, I think Allen is too easily dismissed in terms of the backup QB race.  I take Ron at his word that any of these 3 dudes can be the starter week 1, but I still think it's Fitz's job to lose.  But I get the vibe that the assumption is the #2 gig is Heinicke's to lose.  I think it's closer between Heinicke and Allen than most probably do. 

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

In regards to the QB competition, I think Allen is too easily dismissed in terms of the backup QB race.  I take Ron at his word that any of these 3 dudes can be the starter week 1, but I still think it's Fitz's job to lose.  But I get the vibe that the assumption is the #2 gig is Heinicke's to lose.  I think it's closer between Heinicke and Allen than most probably do. 

The intrigue and potential of Heineke is the difference between him and Allen. With Allen you know what you have. Obviously he was crushed last year when losing the opportunity to show he can be a starter in the NFL, but Ron and company have already given Allen the chance Heineke so desperately wants. 

2 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The intrigue and potential of Heinicke is the difference between him and Allen. With Allen you know what you have. Obviously he was crushed last year when losing the opportunity to show he can be a starter in the NFL, but Ron and company have already given Allen the chance Heinicke deserves

FIFY

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

First 2 picks: Chase and Terry. The whole video is a WFT love fest. 

The NFCE looks sparse right now. The big names very well could be Young and Sweat, Terry and Scherff.

Payne on Simms' "All legs and butt team" had me laughing.

8 minutes ago, wit33 said:

The intrigue and potential of Heineke is the difference between him and Allen. With Allen you know what you have. Obviously he was crushed last year when losing the opportunity to show he can be a starter in the NFL, but Ron and company have already given Allen the chance Heineke so desperately wants. 

I get why people think Heinicke's potential is an open question, because the only thing we saw up close was exceptional. I just think it's wishful thinking.  I think we know what he his, but the options are such, what the hell.  Might as well let him battle.  I'm just saying, I think Allen can beat him straight up.  I don't think the difference between the two guys over the long term is much of anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

First 2 picks: Chase and Terry. The whole video is a WFT love fest. 

Synopsis: It was a 10 player, non-QB, draft of the NFCE.  Chase Young went 1. McLaurin was 2. Scherff, Payne and Sweat were all also selected further down. The other NFCE selections were Ceedee Lamb, Saquon Barkley, Leonard Williams, Zach Martin and Devonta Smith. 

• Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I get why people think Heinicke's potential is an open question, because the only thing we saw up close was exceptional. I just think it's wishful thinking.  I think we know what he his, but the options are such, what the hell.  Might as well let him battle.  I'm just saying, I think Allen can beat him straight up.  I don't think the difference between the two guys over the long term is much of anything.

I never saw anything from Allen that made me think he was even a top 20 QB.  I thought he was an okay backup at best.  When Taylor started, I thought he was the best player on offense.  He was a threat and had to be accounted for on each play.  Is it sustainable?  I hope so.  Is he better than Allen?  Yes, by a lot, based on what we saw during games.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ILikeBilly said:

I never saw anything from Allen that made me think he was even a top 20 QB.  I thought he was an okay backup at best.  When Taylor started, I thought he was the best player on offense.  He was a threat and had to be accounted for on each play.  Is it sustainable?  I hope so.  Is he better than Allen?  Yes, by a lot, based on what we saw during games.

I was trying to decide how to say this, but you did it for me and did it well. I will add, yes, I do think it is sustainable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Kyle has some mobility but to me the intrigue with Heinicke is his mobility is on another strata.  Heinicke isn't crazy fast but he has good speed.  But he's slippery.  Also, he can make off platform throws.  He actually stylistically reminds me on that front of Zach Wilson.  The difference though is Zach has a rocket of an arm and Heinicke doesn't.

To me the disclaimer about Heinicke until he proves otherwise is durability.  A player who thrives off of making off script plays and by extension invites contact but without the frame to take those hits.  

• Like 4