Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

25 minutes ago, Master Blaster said:

Mayo is potentially the best ST player on the team. I see him as a lock. 

In B4 I’m eating crow 

We got a lot of ST aces, it looks like...

Apke, Mayo, Everett, Hudson, Toney, and probably others I'm missing.

It doesn't get a lot of attention from press or fans (unless it's screwin up), but I expect our Special Teams to be one of the tops in the league this year.

And that can make a difference in a few games

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

We got a lot of ST aces, it looks like...

Apke, Mayo, Everett, Hudson, and probably others I'm missing.

It doesn't get a lot of attention from press or fans (unless it's screwin up), but I expect our Special Teams to be one of the tops in the league this year.

And that can make a difference in a few games

We should be pretty physical at all three phases which is pretty cool. Especially as the season goes on.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Toohill wouldn't surprise me much. He made the team last year, and got some plays in the regular season. 

There's something they like about him

I think they liked this about Toohill...(exceptional athelete)

image.png.f5fad9543f4205dc1d3d6229bcecabb7.png

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve heard plenty of nfl coaches talk about special teams being the 3rd part of football and you have to win any two parts to win a football game I.e. win offense / defense or defense / special teams.  Super important to have great special team players which also add good depth/ flex at key positions like Apke and Everette

• Like 1

Moreland is the only surprise cut so far IMO, but only because I thought the staff liked him more than I did. The guy was probably one of the most overrated players on this roster and was really scheme dependent. He doesn't fit in with the coverage schemes that JDR wants to use this year. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

I believe it was McTyer.

If Roberts makes it, he'll be at the bottom

McTyre seems like he can play inside and outside. Roberts, if he makes it, will be locked into that nickel/dime slot like Moreland was. 

So you're right in that McTyre likely gets more PT, but the strictly slot role that Moreland held will probably be Roberts' now. 

5 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

McTyre seems like he can play inside and outside. Roberts, if he makes it, will be locked into that nickel/dime slot like Moreland was. 

So you're right in that McTyre likely gets more PT, but the strictly slot role that Moreland held will probably be Roberts' now. 

In all the preseason games McTyre started I believe and played on the outside opposite St Juste. He seems more suited for the outside. I’m a little concerned if Fuller can’t play a game or two who will play the slot. A slot corner is very important with all the great slot receivers in the league. 

• Like 1

From what I can gather, the final 3 cuts will come from this group:

Deandre Carter (Milne is safe)

Ricky Seals-Jones (Reyes is safe)

Casey Toohill (Toney is safe)

David Bada

Jared Norris

David Mayo

Darryl Roberts

Darrick Forrest

I could really see any of them being cut. I think Bada is one cut since we can stash him for free on the PS. I’d probably lean RSJ over Carter given the makeup of the rest of the receivers but I could go either way on that. Toohill may get cut with an injury designation. Roberts wasn’t impressive but given that McTyer and Forrest are banged up they may think they need the depth there. Still would be surprised that he showed enough to keep over Moreland though. 

8 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I mist admit, I am surprised Milne made it over AGG, who I thought had a better preseason, especially since we already have so many small WRs. With him and Harmon gone, do we have a big body outside of Cam Sims?

No offense, but who cares about a big body? This fanbase has learned this lesson too many times. I’m all about the Chiefs scheme- bunch of fast wrs (all small) and one will break coverage, and if not, throw it to kelce. Not that Logan Thomas is kelce, but he gets the job done. 

Edited by CTskin
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

No offense, but who cares about a big body? This fanbase has learned this lesson too many times. I’m all about the Chiefs scheme- bunch of fast wrs (all small) and one will break coverage, and if not, throw it to kelce. Not that Logan Thomas is kelce, but he gets the job done. 

Yeah Thomas is your “big” target. Terry is great at bringing in contested catches, regardless of his size. Dyami Brown has a similar ability. If you need a designated guy to throw fades to, you’ve got Cam Sims. Plenty of versatility with this group.