Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

4 minutes ago, Borgold said:

We'll see. I just don't see what he offers another team as an immediate contributor. Yes, he's tall and has hands, but that's about it. He's never flashed. He's never proven himself to be a chain mover. I think we like him because we fantasized about what he could have become.

Of course, if I think there's little chance he's claimed that probably means there'll be a bidding war over him.

He played one year. An injury plagued season and coming from a small school without a lot of opportunity to transition to the NFL. Teams that can afford to show patience and ease him. RR doesn’t really have to since our roster at WR is deep.

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

If I had to choose between Cam and Kyle Allen, I'd pick Kyle. Cam was extraordinarily mediocre to me for the past few years.

Both are back-ups at best but I do think Cam has a higher ceiling regarding the ability to dominate a game still.

Just now, NickyJ said:

If I had to choose between Cam and Kyle Allen, I'd pick Kyle. Cam was extraordinarily mediocre to me for the past few years.

Not sure that would work ego-wise. Cam would have to be our number two and there certainly would be a lot of eyes questioning Cam vs. Fitz, too! 

It might be an okay football move, but it'd probably be a terrible chemistry move which is likely what Rivera thought about yesterday when he didn't sign him to back up Haskins last year. 

Just now, DiscoBob said:

For the sake of my fantasy team, I want AG to get those carries :)

For the sake of the team, I hope AG can fill that role. It's a bit odd to me if you choose a primary back that your coaches have no faith in to convert a 3rd and 1.

Reyes and Patterson are going to make it.

Milne will make it. 

I think potentially Montez and Allen are released and we try to stash 1 or both on the PS (I have no idea what the PS rules are now that they change every 3 months, so may not be possible). 

McTyre/Juste are why Moreland and Johnson are gone.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Borgold said:

For the sake of the team, I hope AG can fill that role. It's a bit odd to me if you choose a primary back that your coaches have no faith in to convert a 3rd and 1.

1 minute ago, Borgold said:

I wonder if Barbers release means the team has plans to use Samuel as a RB at times? I'll bet they do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Young teams needing red zone targets. Hell, a team like Philly that has a bunch of 5’10 speed demons at the receiver position and not a lot of big bodies down at the goal line. Like I’ve said before, AGG’s appeal isn’t the same as the flashy guys. 

But still signing AGG to the active roster is a big gamble by the other teams.  It is not like WFT is overflowing with WR talent.  McLaurin, Samuels, and Brown are nice/great but it is not like the other WRs on the roster were WRs that are highly sought after and none of them are big body WR like AGG.

So WFT that knows AGG the best cut him despite our lacking of big body WRs... another team is going to cut one of their WRs that was going to make the roster to pick up AGG?  I think we are over valuing our backup players too much.  Ashburn syndrome.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Moreland was a Gruden guy correct? Maybe RR feels he's too small based on the St. Juste draft pick. If your small you better be a playmaker like Darrell Green was....

He was making plays, its gotta be a height thing, like you said. Tough call, dont believe being a Jay guy had anything to do with it, wasn't like he was lazy or something.

Cam Newton cut 👀

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Do you think he makes it as a 7th receiver or do you think he bumps Carter?

Personally, I'd bump Carter for him, but that does create a problem at punt returner.

Not having seen practice I wasn't sure that Milne had a shot based on the games.  Until he made that over the shoulder catch on the sideline and took a big hit (out of bounds) and still held on to the ball.  If I'm a coach and two players are close that play is really standing out in my mind in Milne's favor.  

8 minutes ago, Borgold said:

Not sure that would work ego-wise. Cam would have to be our number two and there certainly would be a lot of eyes questioning Cam vs. Fitz, too! 

It might be an okay football move, but it'd probably be a terrible chemistry move which is likely what Rivera thought about yesterday when he didn't sign him to back up Haskins last year. 

It wouldn't work at all, which is another reason I'd pick Kyle. That, and he's younger and actually had moments of not looking bad.

Not surprised by AGG - a few contested catches against backups in a preseason game is not a good look. Prior to that, he hadn't done anything. Similarly, not surprised by Moreland either. Never passed the eye test. Guys who are amazing in training camp but rarely show the same skills in regular season games should never be a surprise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

But still signing AGG to the active roster is a big gamble by the other teams.  It is not like WFT is overflowing with WR talent.  McLaurin, Samuels, and Brown are nice/great but it is not like the other WRs on the roster were WRs that are highly sought after and none of them are big body WR like AGG.

So WFT that knows AGG the best cut him despite our lacking of big body WRs... another team is going to cut one of their WRs that was going to make the roster to pick up AGG?  I think we are over valuing our backup players too much.  Ashburn syndrome.

WFT probably has a deeper WR chart than at least 50% of the teams in the league. Aside from the three you mentioned, AH was a lock and a virtual request to have from fitz, Cam is the big target the team needs and that’s already 5. Now if they keep Carter I’d question it unless he’s the full time PR. Rarely do highly-touted WR cut after one season remain unsigned. Haskins after 2 seasons was a disaster in every sense and even he got snatched up almost immediately.