Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

7 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Yeah I’ve seen tweets over and over saying someone making the catch over Willam Jackson. It sounds like he has been getting lit up all camp…. It’s nice to hear the offense making plays, but we need him locking people up. It’s not sounding encouraging. Hope I’m wrong!

That's what caught my attention. 

We keep hearing about good plays from st juste or Holcomb or Davis etc etc but I have yet to see anything positive about Jackson.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

Yeah I’ve seen tweets over and over saying someone making the catch over Willam Jackson. It sounds like he has been getting lit up all camp…. It’s nice to hear the offense making plays, but we need him locking people up. It’s not sounding encouraging. Hope I’m wrong!

Have there been that many though? IIRC there was one recently about Logan Thomas making a catch over him, but Thomas is 6'6 so that's not incredibly surprising.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, and this is the part that's always been pretty confusing to me. We know that Dan is willing to spend money...so did nobody tell him about how bad the field was and urge him to spend money on it? Was Vinny too stupid and Bruce just didn't give a ****?

And we know Dan is pretty much a recluse for the most part but is he seriously that isolated and out of touch that after years of playing on a completely **** field and everyone knowing it he had no idea how bad it was?

I think in some sick way they thought that clown show of a field was an advantage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I do know under Bruce, the team was known to be cheap.  There was a phase according to some that they weren't willing to pay scouts the way other teams did.  they lost a highly regarded assistant coach because they weren't willing to pay and the Rams were willing. 

Who did they lose to the Rams because of money?

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

And Shanny among others would have to prod Dan to upgrade their 2nd class facilities.   Maybe it was all Dan, who knows.  But Bruce was described by a number of people who covered him as a dude who took pride about being cheap.  

I don't know how much prodding it took, but one of the first things that Shannahan wanted was the bubble, and he got it in year 2.  I don't think there was time in year 1.

They also did a pretty significant facelift to the facility when Joe Gibbs got there in 2004.  I think they built that whole "players only lounge" thing, which at the time was pretty cool.  Granted, that's now 16 years old and outdated.

I don't remember when they did it, but they also upgraded those ridiculous light-bright scoreboards to the HD scoreboards at some point.  

And going WAY back, Dan dumped something like $20 or $50 million dollars into FedEx as soon as he bought the team.  The two things I remember which were obvious adds were they replaced the metal railings with glass ones to remove the sight barriers and installed escalators to the upper deck.  

All this to say, I think Dan has been willing to spend on certain things, here and there, especially if he sees it as a problem. I think under Bruce, a lot of stuff was swept under the rug.  ALSO, I think a lot of things they could have updated were put on hold because there has always been a thought they will be getting a new stadium and a new facility to go along with it, so there isn't a huge need to dump a lot of money into something you're going to abandon.  But the stadium project has stalled.  

I'm not sure I have a real point here, except to say there's definitely some evidence money has been spent to make some things better, and other evidence to suggest more money should have been spent to make other things better, which hasn't been.  Which is a problem.  So, shrug?

• Like 2

Just now, Califan007 said:

This is one place where you can really see the "culture change" taking place.  Guys staying after to get better hasn't happened around here since Gibbs II.  

And I'll never forget the beat reporters commenting with the Pats came in to do a shared training camp practice with the 'Skins, they all said the Pats just did things "differently" than the 'Skins.  And it showed.  Ran sprints after practice, etc. 

I'm so glad we have a professional coach in the building after what we had to suffer through for the preceding 6 years.  It takes more to be a HC than being able to scheme up a pass play.  

• Like 10

26 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I dont think it sounds like he's been bad. I can't think of a more difficult matchup than McLaurin. He's a 4.3 WR that runs excellent routes, he can Moss you, doesn't ever drop passes, he's going to be a superstar this season. Overall he's a better WR than Jackson is a CB and I think most of us already knew that. 

Nobody else is really beating Jackson. 

And Mclaurin is so good at using his strength to leverage routes also. He plays way more physical than I think he gets credit for. He will straight bully smaller CBs. And if the team uses slower bigget CBs, well he will torch you (especially if the QB will actually throw him the ball) 

Basically you need two men or 1 Patrick Peterson / Jalen Ramsey to cover him. 

He still does have some holes in his game but he said he watches a seasons film and writes down every weakness he sees and works on them all offseason (except for fishing on the weekends) 

How can you not love the F-1

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, redskinss said:

That's what caught my attention. 

We keep hearing about good plays from st juste or Holcomb or Davis etc etc but I have yet to see anything positive about Jackson.

I remember seeing WJ3 getting an interception on Fitz and McLaurin when Terry fell down on a route in front of him.  He got the pick and started running the other way.  I saw a clip of it on Instagram.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

And Mclaurin is so good at using his strength to leverage routes also. He plays way more physical than I think he gets credit for. He will straight bully smaller CBs. And if the team uses slower bigget CBs, well he will torch you (especially if the QB will actually throw him the ball) 

Basically you need two men or 1 Patrick Peterson / Jalen Ramsey to cover him. 

He still does have some holes in his game but he said he watches a seasons film and writes down every weakness he sees and works on them all offseason (except for fishing on the weekends) 

How can you not love the F-1

F1-7.

I’m feeling it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, just654 said:

tickets are sold out. Was on ticketmaster. only lower bowl and some of the club level about 20K of us

Wild that 20K people might be going to a practice. That’s probably more than some of the home crowds during the end of Jay’s tenure.

Edited by dyst
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, dyst said:

Wild that 20K people might be going to a practice. That’s probably more than some of the home crowds during the end if Jay’s tenure.

There’s going to be a laser lights show too following practice, and the entertainment team is going to be on the field for a bit as well. Should be fun! 

• Like 1