Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 minutes ago, moondog said:

Lol I’ll take the nfl shield on my lower back for 500 on tattoos I’d regret. I’m really excited about Brown but that’s a questionable choice 😂

Leaving his options open in case he gets cut..31 other teams use that logo. lol 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, moondog said:

Lol I’ll take the nfl shield on my lower back for 500 on tattoos I’d regret. I’m really excited about Brown but that’s a questionable choice 😂

I'd imagine it's different for people who spend their entire life fighting to get into a very exclusive club and finally make it in through an abundance of hard work.

That symbol will always be there as a testament to his membership in that club no matter how long he lasts in it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

Apparently Kirk is one of the Vikes who elected not to.

Rumor is he had no more 15-minute blocks left unfilled in his meticulously organized schedule, so it’s gotta wait for next offseason 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I think I read their entire QB room is refusing.

"Minnesota placed quarterbacks Kirk Cousins , Kellen Mond and Nate Stanley on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the team announced Monday."

Mond tested positive, and since Kirk won't get the vaccine, he's got to quarantine because he's high risk.  

Shrug.  

26 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Rumor is he had no more 15-minute blocks left unfilled in his meticulously organized schedule, so it’s gotta wait for next offseason 

Play the Al Galdi drop "I am a little more process oriented" here.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, wit33 said:

His understanding and willingness to take responsibility for areas he must work on are elite traits (obviously). This is my only gripe is him not putting fear into defenses quite yet, but if he can become more of a deep threat… uh oh! 

As I mentioned before, the irony to that (and Terry alluded to it recently in an interview) the wrap on him on college was is he only a Johnny One Note deep threat?  That is, can he do more than just going deep?  He had a sick YPA in college.   Very similar narrative before the draft to Dyami Brown now ironically. 

Terry has had some big deep ball moments in the NFL but not enough considering his ball tracking ability, speed, and history at Ohio State.  But also he's had mostlly either conservative QB play with dudes who don't drive the ball down the field much or guys who aren't that accurate with throwing the ball down the field.  Fitz isn't a stud by any stretch but I think he will be a much better match for Terry who can burn CBs on go routes, etc and who is awesome with contested catches. 

According to those who monitor double teams, Terry got double teamed a lot.  I showed months back, three different outlets that tracked that.   Richard Sherman also talked about it.  So yeah i think teams are plenty fearful of him.

There is defintely a crowd of fans/media who think Terry is teetering on elite.  And some who think not so much.  With the not so much crowd, I think the two things that hurts Terry:   1.  He doesn't carry himself as a star.   Chase for example exudes stardom with his personality.  Flashy player.  All in a good way.  Terry in comparison is kind of boring on that front.   2.  He had monster stats for most of this past season.  I've posted them before.  But he slowed down at the end because of an injury that typically sidelines most players but Terry played through it.  I think that set up a glass half empty, glass half full debate as for whether he's a great WR.  For those that think he's a great WR, some will factor that injury and how it put the breaks to a monster season.  For those who aren't convinced that Terry is a great player they tend to ignore the injury as a factor in his sliding stats. 

Regardless, if Terry can stay healthy this seaon.  IMO he will be top 10 level good -- and yes I think he's teetering on elite and I think he takes that next step into becoming elite. 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/6/13/22529179/3rd-year-receiver-terry-mclaurin-just-keeps-getting-better

https://www.nfl.com/news/terry-mclaurin-offseason-additions-will-open-up-washington-offense-for-me

"It's not going to necessarily allow those teams to play with the safety on the hash and those double coverages I was seeing a lot last year," McLaurin said, per the team's official website.

Underscoring the dire straits last season, at times, McLaurin was the only Washington receiver on the field who'd even been drafted. Nevertheless, the second-year wideout put up 1,118 yards in a vertically challenged Washington offense. The next closest wide receiver on the roster was Cam Sims with 477 yards (tight end Logan Thomas finished second on the team in receiving with 670 yards, and RB J.D. McKissic had 589 yards).

Defenses could load up to stop McLaurin, not fretting any other Washington weapon could do damage.

The belief is that the offseason additions will open up Scott Turner's entire offense.

"I just think it's going to open it up, for me personally, down the field, intermediate and short," McLaurin said. "But also, it's gonna allow other guys to make some plays."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As I mentioned before, the irony to that (and Terry alluded to it recently in an interview) the wrap on him on college was is he only a Johnny One Note deep threat?  That is, can he do more than just going deep?  He had a sick YPA in college.   Very similar narrative before the draft to Dyami Brown now ironically. 

Terry has had some big deep ball moments in the NFL but not enough considering his ball tracking ability, speed, and history at Ohio State.  But also he's had mostlly either conservative QB play with dudes who don't drive the ball down the field much or guys who aren't that accurate with throwing the ball down the field.  Fitz isn't a stud by any stretch but I think he will be a much better match for Terry who can burn CBs on go routes, etc and who is awesome with contested catches. 

According to those who monitor double teams, Terry got double teamed a lot.  I showed months back, three different outlets that tracked that.   Richard Sherman also talked about it.  So yeah i think teams are plenty fearful of him.

There is defintely a crowd of fans/media who think Terry is teetering on elite.  And some who think not so much.  With the not so much crowd, I think the two things that hurts Terry:   1.  He doesn't carry himself as a star.   Chase for example exudes stardom with his personality.  Flashy player.  All in a good way.  Terry in comparison is kind of boring on that front.   2.  He had monster stats for most of this past season.  I've posted them before.  But he slowed down at the end because of an injury that typically sidelines most players but Terry played through it.  I think that set up a glass half empty, glass half full debate as for whether he's a great WR.  For those that think he's a great WR, some will factor that injury and how it put the breaks to a monster season.  For those who aren't convinced that Terry is a great player they tend to ignore the injury as a factor in his sliding stats. 

Regardless, if Terry can stay healthy this seaon.  IMO he will be top 10 level good -- and yes I think he's teetering on elite and I think he takes that next step into becoming elite. 

https://www.hogshaven.com/2021/6/13/22529179/3rd-year-receiver-terry-mclaurin-just-keeps-getting-better

https://www.nfl.com/news/terry-mclaurin-offseason-additions-will-open-up-washington-offense-for-me

"It's not going to necessarily allow those teams to play with the safety on the hash and those double coverages I was seeing a lot last year," McLaurin said, per the team's official website.

Underscoring the dire straits last season, at times, McLaurin was the only Washington receiver on the field who'd even been drafted. Nevertheless, the second-year wideout put up 1,118 yards in a vertically challenged Washington offense. The next closest wide receiver on the roster was Cam Sims with 477 yards (tight end Logan Thomas finished second on the team in receiving with 670 yards, and RB J.D. McKissic had 589 yards).

Defenses could load up to stop McLaurin, not fretting any other Washington weapon could do damage.

The belief is that the offseason additions will open up Scott Turner's entire offense.

"I just think it's going to open it up, for me personally, down the field, intermediate and short," McLaurin said. "But also, it's gonna allow other guys to make some plays."

You’re exactly right in saying Terry doesn’t carry himself like a star and he’s not flashy.  He’s a very likeable person and player but he’s not flashy.  I wish he did more of that, a little bit more, not necessarily a lot more.  He’d be doing it for him, because then he could get more of the recognition he deserves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

You’re exactly right in saying Terry doesn’t carry himself like a star and he’s not flashy.  He’s a very likeable person and player but he’s not flashy.  I wish he did more of that, a little bit more, not necessarily a lot more.  He’d be doing it for him, because then he could get more of the recognition he deserves.

Terry looked amazing in camp.  IMO he could do it all.  YAC guy.  Contested catch guy.  Ball tracking-deep ball.  Leader.  Great run blocker.  4.35 speed.  

He was having a killer season last year, still end up very good, but not killer because he played on those 2 high ankle sprains and his numbers dropped like a rock at the end. 

But yeah if he had that flashy personality like so many other WRs have -- he'd get more attention.  though he does get some love around the league.  I think if he stays healthy this season, he will be considered a top 10 receiver in this league -- he's already just on the brink of top 10 on some lists I've seen. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

As ugly as Newton was last year, he did still lead the league in QB rushing TDs.  He had 12, more than Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Taysom Hill.  He only had 8 through the air, but with two top end Tight ends, I can easily see those numbers going up this year.

I don't think Bill cares about winning pretty or winning ugly.  He knows Cam's limitations and is gonna do what he can to make him as effective in the Redzone as possible this year.  He loves to zig when the rest of the league is zagging, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots neutralize all of these high powered offenses by have a bunch of ugly, low scoring victories this year based around good defense and clock control. 

Just Cam and those TEs muscling their way down the field and into the endzone on super old school, 4 yard chunk plays all game long.

Will be watching Pats closely this year, due to appreciating them going against the grain with a modern day ground and pound approach—Taking advantage of teams becoming “lighter” and quicker overall on defense. High on them this year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Man if we can get All Pro form Landon Collins in this defense, that would be scary.

That's what Collins said in an interview.  He said when he was watching the defense come together last year, he knew if he could be the 2016 Landon that the defense would be the best in the league.  He admitted that early in 2020 he wasn't playing in the new scheme well, then finally started to figure it out in the game he got hurt in.  He was balling that game vs Dallas before it snapped. 

What I like about Collins is that he's smart and physically 1%'er gifted.  Maybe it's his last year here, but if he balls out, it's win-win. They could trade him high.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don’t think it’s a huge leap at all to project Mcclaurin being an elite WR and maybe this year.  Would be great value for the team if it were take place this season at his current pay. Haven’t watched and thought he was a game breaker type guy just yet, but that’s just a nuanced personal opinion. It appears you’re a bit higher on what we’ve seen to date, but both feel he has a good chance to hit that elite tier.  

Him being doubled teamed isn’t just based on him being elite or garnering needed attention, he’s been the only weapon and the offense has flowed throw him. Smart for a team to give extra attention his way. Let’s see if he can go and get 200 when a team decides to take away Samuel and the run game this year or something. 

I agree his ceiling of impact has been hindered due to QB play. This is separate from production, as I believe he’s been fortunate to be in Washington from statistical standpoint, due to no one to fight for touches with and a game plan designed to keep you involved each week. With that said, Bill Callahan took touches away his rookie year, but helped produce an elite per catch average of 15.8 yards. Last years 12.9 yards per catch was no bueno and not very impactful— in no way blaming him; his QB was arguably worst in the league, but for me that makes his stats hallow for me. Kind of like an NBA player being a top 10 scorer on one of the worst teams (not exact but some similarities). 

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

That's what Collins said in an interview.  He said when he was watching the defense come together last year, he knew if he could be the 2016 Landon that the defense would be the best in the league.  He admitted that early in 2020 he wasn't playing in the new scheme well, then finally started to figure it out in the game he got hurt in.  He was balling that game vs Dallas before it snapped. 

What I like about Collins is that he's smart and physically 1%'er gifted.  Maybe it's his last year here, but if he balls out, it's win-win. They could trade him high.

Run defense! That’s the only question I have on defense and he projects to be MAJOR contributor in this area. Don’t need him to be an all world S and match up with Slot WRs or TEs, just attack the LOS, run the seam a few guys when needed, and play underneath zone/HUNT. 

Edited by wit33

If Terry doesn't get 10 targets a game, we should think about firing Scott Turner.

Last season Diggs had 10.4 targets a game.  When healthy Michael Thomas gets 11.5 targets a game.

McLaurin got 8.9 a game last season.  He's talented enough that he should be fed more.

From what everyone says, his work on releases off the line has been so fruitful it's improved the rest of his game.  He was already a star hampered by poor QB play.  This guy is a bonefide cheatcode.

P.S. Nobody thought Diggs could lead the league in receiving stats until he did.  Diggs is great.  McLaurin can be even better.  Anyone know the Vegas line for Over/Under on receiving yards McLaurin gets this season?

• Like 3