Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hudson is one of the young guys I’m most excited about, even if his chances of seeing the field much aren’t too high.  As you noted a couple days ago, he’s got a ton of energy - if he can harness that and stay within the confines of the system, he (and maybe Toney, another guy I’m excited about) could well be a nice future piece for this D.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i've been thinking this  for months but haven't said it and don't want to be right of course, but my call is heineike is never going to be any kind of any real deal here, period

at best he may be a distraction for awhile, but i really don't see any for him ever getting close to being an upper-tier level of qb, which is what a championship team needs these days more than ever...ther's not enough there there

i don't think you'll ever see him do better than being a decent backup over any career ahead of him

Say It Ain't So - Full Body Fitness

:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

i've been thinking this  for months but haven't said it and don't want to be right of course, but my call is heineike is never going to be any kind of any real deal here, period

at best he may be a distraction for awhile, but i really don't see any for him ever getting close to being an upper-tier level of qb, which is what a championship team needs these days more than ever...ther's not enough there there

i don't think you'll ever see him do better than being a decent backup over any career ahead of him

Uh oh

5idkzt.jpg

• Haha 10

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Really wishing allen wasn't hurt

My bold prediction sure to go wrong is next year we will have an entirely new QB room.  I could see a world where for health and/or "they're just not that good" reasons, Allen isn't re-signed, and Heineke is released.  Fitz isn't under contract, so who knows, but as of right now, he's not on the roster.  

I wouldn't be shocked if they moved up to draft somebody and brought in Cam to mentor him and be the backup.  NOTE: I do NOT think they would bring Cam in to start.  But if Cam was willing to be a backup, and they had a rookie QB, eh, I could see it.  I wouldn't like it.  But I could see it.  They could also bring Fitz back to mentor a draft pick. 

But that's my bold prediction ... sure to go wrong.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My bold prediction sure to go wrong is next year we will have an entirely new QB room.  I could see a world where for health and/or "they're just not that good" reasons, Allen isn't re-signed, and Heineke is released.  Fitz isn't under contract, so who knows, but as of right now, he's not on the roster.  

I wouldn't be shocked if they moved up to draft somebody and brought in Cam to mentor him and be the backup.  NOTE: I do NOT think they would bring Cam in to start.  But if Cam was willing to be a backup, and they had a rookie QB, eh, I could see it.  I wouldn't like it.  But I could see it.  They could also bring Fitz back to mentor a draft pick. 

Gonna be hard to not resign Fitz after he wins the SB. Just sayin'. ;)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm guessing they'll keep Heinicke. They have him on a cheap contract for 2 years and I have a feeling he'll be a good backup. I could definitely see them parting ways with Allen if his injury keeps being an issue.

If Fitz plays reasonably well this season I think they'll bring him back too. Even if they draft a guy, Fitz is pretty much the perfect guy to learn from.

As far as the draft...it could be pretty tough to move up unless we really end up blowing goats and are picking in the top 10 at the very least, but preferably ("preferably" purely in the draft position sense, not in the "I want us to suck" sense) top 5. There are other teams who will have better picks and more ammo. Both NYG and Philly could be in the hunt for a new franchise QB and they both have 2 1st round picks; we'll never be able to compete with that kind of offer.

With a likely improved offense and an even better defense that's going to be tough to see. We have a much more difficult schedule than last season, so there's that. But even with that I still don't see us losing 12+ games, which would likely net us a top 5 pick.

Another option would be to settle for a "tier 2" prospect later in the 1st. However, I'm really a bit unsure of how good this QB class is. In a weak QB class that second tier would probably be a 2nd or 3rd rounder in a stronger draft. 

49 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I really don't see that at all.  I understand people want to jump on that connection.  But I don't think any of the signs have shown an interest by this coaching/FO group.

4 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Ron in the presser said that Allen tweaked his ankle... yes, the same surgically repaired ankle.  I've tweaked my normal ankle, and it hasnt been good... but tweaking a surgically-repaired ankle?  that's sounds really bad.

Makes me wonder if he starts the season on IR to save a roster spot.

50 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Anyone else happy to see the press conferences being in person finally, after last year? Zoom press conferences were just too glitchy. I mean, i completely understand WHY pressers were on zoom last season. Just really happy that’s no longer the case 

I'm just hoping for some better audio. Last year's Zoom calls had audio that sounded like it was archival footage dug up from a civil war-era trench.

4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Ironically, I wouldn't be surprised if Heinicke ends up having a Fitz-like career where he bounces from team to team.  He'll have his occasional superstar games as he did vs Tampa.  Probably a few stinkers too.  But, he's in a good spot now.  He's humble, smart, athletic, and gutsy.  If he plays with more caution (when scrambling) he can probably end up with a decent NFL career.  Even if he is often seen as the placeholder QB.

I like Henicke and would like to see him (the classic rags-to-riches story) do great things for the WFT.  Whether he does or doesn't won't really hurt the team though or affect me as a fan.  I feel like Rivera is doing it the right way.  Building a very solid football team (Offense, Defense, and Teams).  Then, the team can trade a boat load of picks to get their franchise QB in the draft on the cheap for 4 years (+1 if not a bust).  

More than likely, we'll see a combination of Fitz/Henicke this year and after the last few years and with the way this team is built I'm confident that the results will be very positive. Meaning, they don't just make the playoffs but win at least one game and maybe even make a good run at the NFC Championship. 

Edited by ThomasRoane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThomasRoane said:

Ironically, I wouldn't be surprised if Heinicke ends up having a Fitz-like career where he bounces from team to team.  He'll have his occasional superstar games as he did vs Tampa.  Probably a few stinkers too.  But, he's in a good spot now.  He's humble, smart, athletic, and gutsy.  If he plays with more caution (when scrambling) he can probably end up with a decent NFL career.  Even if he is often seen as the placeholder QB.

I like Henicke and would like to see him (the classic rags-to-riches story) do great things for the WFT.  Whether he does or doesn't won't really hurt the team though or affect me as a fan.  I feel like Rivera is doing it the right way.  Building a very solid football team (Offense, Defense, and Teams).  Then, the team can trade a boat load of picks to get their franchise QB in the draft on the cheap for 4 years (+1 if not a bust).  

More than likely, we'll see a combination of Fitz/Henicke this year and after the last few years and with the way this team is built I'm confident that the results will be very positive. Meaning, they don't just make the playoffs but win at least one game and maybe even make a good run at the NFC Championship. 

I agree about Heinicke and Fitzpatrick both starting games this season (and it won't be for injury reasons), but continue to be baffled by the people who think that this team is somehow going to make the playoffs again.  They were 7-9 in a weak division who faced terrible opposing starting quarterbacks in many of the games.  They are going to have a divisional winning record this year, with a quarterback who has never appeared in a playoff game in 3 decades.  I think this year is going to be a rude awakening for a lot of folks.  And that's not some pessimistic take either.  I still think the team will be around .500 this year, and I do think Fitzpatrick is a huge upgrade over Alex Smith/Dwayne Haskins, but I just don't see it.  The news about Heinicke struggling in camp adds to this.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I agree about Heinicke and Fitzpatrick both starting games this season (and it won't be for injury reasons), but continue to be baffled by the people who think that this team is somehow going to make the playoffs again.  They were 7-9 in a weak division who faced terrible opposing starting quarterbacks in many of the games.  They are going to have a divisional winning record this year, with a quarterback who has never appeared in a playoff game in 3 decades.  I think this year is going to be a rude awakening for a lot of folks.  And that's not some pessimistic take either.  I still think the team will be around .500 this year, and I do think Fitzpatrick is a huge upgrade over Alex Smith/Dwayne Haskins, but I just don't see it.  The news about Heinicke struggling in camp adds to this.

The only way we are .500

is if we go 8-8-1.

6 hours ago, Jumbo said:

Pretty safe bet. You can also wager than the WFT won’t have a top 5 franchise QB in the next 10 years. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Leonard Washington said:

Pretty safe bet. You can also wager than the WFT won’t have a top 5 franchise QB in the next 10 years. 

Top 5 QBs are for the weak. The next 10-15 years guys at the QB spot who are both good (top 20) and provide value contractually will have close to equal in terms of being in the final 8, 4, in the Super Bowl and SB wins. IMO. 

Fitz having a top 15 seasons at 5% of the cap can rival/be better than a top 5-7 QB being paid 13-20% of the cap. 

• Like 3