Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snyder, Jason Wright Traveling the U.S. (and Europe) Scouting Stadium Ideas

Dan T.

A few immediate takeaways: 

- I think this is the longest Dan Snyder has spoken in 12 years, and by far the most comfortable he has looked.  

- Dan did a good job answering questions, but Jason jumped in to take some of the questions. He seemed like he was really nervous having Dan speak, so he jumped in as soon as he could to take questions.

- 2027, maybe a bit before is the target date, but they don't know where.  Question, "could it be closer to the White House" was a good way to probe, but the answer was "maybe."  They don't know where they're going yet.

- I think all of this is so Jason Wright can go travel Europe and go to a bunch of "football" stadiums.  He seemed to be positively ecstatic at the idea.  

- This was entirely planned and entirely scripted to look casual.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Bordering on politics, but not wanting to discuss whether it would or should happen: If DC became a state, would that have any effects on taxes or anything else related to a stadium in DC instead of in Maryland or Virginia? Or would the situation for a sports stadium be expected to stay roughly as it is?

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

- I think all of this is so Jason Wright can go travel Europe and go to a bunch of "football" stadiums.  He seemed to be positively ecstatic at the idea. 

World tour business trip was my first idea.

Hopefully if/when this happens they do it well.

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

Please don't make the new stadium look anything like this!

TWTBPFNKII5WXHYQTCW5TEFQ6E.jpg

It thought the inside of that design looked fine.

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/photos/world-renowned-architectural-firm-big-releases-new-redskins-stadium-con-16934472#980f2ae0-5c98-4d59-975f-a36d6c2f8cc7

Edited by Spearfeather
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like Rivera has figured out a clever method to keep Snyder busy and as far away from Redskins Park as possible.

The Dan: "I want to talk to you about some free agents I think we should sign.

Riverboat Ron: I'm glad you dropped in. We could really use your input on plans for the new stadium. In fact I can't think of anyone else that I'd rather have doing a long detailed and precise world tour of stadiums right now.

The Dan: I'm on it! Gonna have them fuel up "WTF One" and I'm off! Will you guys be ok without me though?

Riverboat Ron: It's less than ideal but I think we'll find some way to get by. Just take your time and get it right. Bon voyage!

XXX

Dan Snyder says Washington Football Team has 'big plans' for new stadium opening by 2027

...On Thursday, while kicking off an international stadium tour with team president Jason Wright, Snyder confirmed to TMZ Sports that Washington has "big plans" for a new home and intends to open its next stadium by 2027.

"We're touring stadiums," he said outside of SoFi Stadium, the new California home of the Chargers and Rams. "We're coming (to the) West Coast and touring, about 12 of us, looking to build a new venue back home, in D.C. or Maryland. So we're everywhere ... looking at the future ... We're making big plans. Coming soon to Washington."

...Snyder said his contingent's stadium tour will continue into Europe, where Washington is dedicated to seeing "the best of the best" and bringing ideas back to the Washington area.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dan-snyder-says-washington-football-team-has-big-plans-for-new-stadium-opening-by-2027/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, #httr1979 said:

Why can’t they just travel to RFK and modernize it? It was perfect during the glory years and was a true home advantage.

They are tearing it down. You build a modern spot there and add a RFK museum. Too easy.

A Dan Snyder sighting. On TMZ no less. Wow

Edited by joeken24
Add
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A few immediate takeaways: 

...Jason jumped in to take some of the questions. He seemed like he was really nervous having Dan speak, so he jumped in as soon as he could to take questions.

...This was entirely planned and entirely scripted to look casual.  

These two things might kinda contradict each other. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t see why they have to go to Europe though. Getting inspiration from SoFi, AT&T, Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Minnesota’s stadium and Raiders Stadium should give them plenty of ideas. 

And if they want this built by 2027, they better get moving. 

38 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I don’t see why they have to go to Europe though. Getting inspiration from SoFi, AT&T, Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Minnesota’s stadium and Raiders Stadium should give them plenty of ideas. 

And if they want this built by 2027, they better get moving. 

Because European stadiums have better atmospheres than America.  They are built to be in your face and on top of you.  It’s intimidating as hell.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

European guy jumping in. Yes the original soccer stadiums in Europa have a crazy good atmosphere but most of the new builds are a step back because of current day safety rules and bigger seating numbers. Don't forget that most nfl stadiums have a bigger capacity then must European once. As an example only 1 stadium in England has more or equal amount of seats as FedEx (although they don't need that much). 

5 hours ago, hail2skins said:

At the beginning of the clip they mentioned being on the West Coast, so I'm assuming they were outside SoFi Stadium.

Sucks that we are going to be at FedEx for probably the next six seasons.

I bet it's longer than that.  Dan doesn't exactly have alot of money, to finance a stadium.  The local taxpayers won't be. Maybe PSLs but I doubt there are enough fans left to fully fund a stadium.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I bet it's longer than that.  Dan doesn't exactly have alot of money, to finance a stadium.  The local taxpayers won't be. Maybe PSLs but I doubt there are enough fans left to fully fund a stadium.

Would it be an option for Dan to basically now resell some of his ownership to generate money? I thought that the NFL has this odd history of new owners being minority owners of other teams before they bought a team. So I think there are a lot of rich people who want to gain that advantage by buying a couple of percent of Dan. You are then part of the inner circle of nfl (minority) owners. 

34 minutes ago, Burgold said:

What a clever way to keep Snyder busy. Let him meddle with the stadium and stay away from the minicamps. ;)

Yeah, and it looks like Jason drew the short straw and had to take one for the team. What a hero, I like him more every day.

• Like 1