Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Sam Cosmi, OT Texas

zCommander

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

PFF must just have some weird methodology for figuring out what is or isn't a pressure. But I do think Cosmi played much better this week than last.

Apparently if the QB runs from the pressure and gets sacked much later, the sack is his fault.  Seems strange for that to dismiss the fact that his right tackle was beat in the first place.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Destino said:

Apparently if the QB runs from the pressure and gets sacked much later, the sack is his fault.  Seems strange for that to dismiss the fact that his right tackle was beat in the first place.  

I disagree with this take. Cosmi held that block for 3 seconds at the very least. Then Heinicke chose to step backwards instead of stepping up into the pocket, which allowed the DE to break to the outside and pursue. 

Watching the play at both full speed and slow motion shows Heinicke had plenty of time to get rid of that ball. 

• Like 5

On 9/17/2021 at 8:53 AM, Fisher37 said:

Love to hear KDawg's take on Cosmi's performance.

I didn’t watch him Exclusively and I’m still in season so I don’t have much time to go back and watch. But I’m impressed with him as a run blocker. He is strong and powerful. He has to work on his hand placement. His pass set technique is still a work in progress but he seems to be getting better. He looks better now than he did in college. So he’s growing. 

Improve pass pro, eliminate the holds and this dude is gonna be alright. But for now he’s a walking holding penalty :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Looks like he's going to have another rough match up this week, against Epenesa.  Still blows my mind the Bills got that dude in the second round when warm bodies like Joe Tryon and LJ Collier have gone in the first.

It's a good teat for him because Epenesa is in a similar place career-wise.  Limited experience, monstrous gifts.  But the stakes are also high because he will kill a small quarterback if you let him free.

Can't believe they also got Greg Rousseau and Carlos Basham in the draft.  Got Cody Ford and Spencer Brown with day 2 picks as well.  Already had Ed Oliver.  They have loaded their lines up with talent and they have weapons, a QB, a secondary, and a couple of good linebackers too.  That team is loaded.

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Looks like he's going to have another rough match up this week, against Epenesa.  Still blows my mind the Bills got that dude in the second round when warm bodies like Joe Tryon and LJ Collier have gone in the first.

It's a good teat for him because Epenesa is in a similar place career-wise.  Limited experience, monstrous gifts.  But the stakes are also high because he will kill a small quarterback if you let him free.

Can't believe they also got Greg Rousseau and Carlos Basham in the draft.  Got Cody Ford and Spencer Brown with day 2 picks as well.  Already had Ed Oliver.  They have loaded their lines up with talent and they have weapons, a QB, a secondary, and a couple of good linebackers too.  That team is loaded.

Im in Bills country. From what I hear on Buffalo sports talk radio, which I listen to every day, you’re basing a lot of commentary on draft status and not actual production.

Cody Ford has been a flop, injured and an after thought on the Bills line. Oliver hasn’t shown much, and neither has Epensa.

The LB from VT they drafted early a couple of years ago…. has never developed and only flashes. 

Rousseau looks so far to be the best of the bunch.

But it’s still a great defence overall with depth. 

They have lacked a legitimate running game though for years.

They’re not a good matchup from WFT at the moment…. Unless Heiny shines.

• Thumb up 2

On 9/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, mistertim said:

Yeah I responded to someone in the game thread who was screaming about Cosmi being ass, that he actually held his block for a while and Heinicke had a good 4 seconds in the pocket. 

That was brave of you to try and have a level headed conversation about football in the game thread lol

• Haha 7
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Im in Bills country. From what I hear on Buffalo sports talk radio, which I listen to every day, you’re basing a lot of commentary on draft status and not actual production.

Cody Ford has been a flop, injured and an after thought on the Bills line. Oliver hasn’t shown much, and neither has Epensa.

The LB from VT they drafted early a couple of years ago…. has never developed and only flashes. 

Rousseau looks so far to be the best of the bunch.

But it’s still a great defence overall with depth. 

They have lacked a legitimate running game though for years.

They’re not a good matchup from WFT at the moment…. Unless Heiny shines.

Add to this that Epenesa is playing much, much, much better this season.

The play he got to Tu’a this week was a master class in pass rushing. He got low, used great bend and turned the corner. Part of that is that the Dolphins RT played that extremely poorly. But he is developing quite well. 

I’ve also been fairly impressed with Oliver. The rest I’m in agreement with.

• Thanks 1

On 9/19/2021 at 10:09 PM, KDawg said:

I didn’t watch him Exclusively and I’m still in season so I don’t have much time to go back and watch. But I’m impressed with him as a run blocker. He is strong and powerful. He has to work on his hand placement. His pass set technique is still a work in progress but he seems to be getting better. He looks better now than he did in college. So he’s growing. 

Improve pass pro, eliminate the holds and this dude is gonna be alright. But for now he’s a walking holding penalty :ols:

I think as a whole the line run blocks better than they pass block.  Which means to me that we should run the ball more.

• Like 4

On 9/21/2021 at 7:28 AM, Panninho said:

PFF TEAM OF THE WEEK

Offense

😄Connor McGovern, New York Jets

What's so funny about Connor McGovern ? 😁

Probably some fluke thing because of the colon

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Would have been a better answer, and fans would have gone crazier, if he just substituted the word "lunchpail" for the word "hat"  😁

On 9/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, mistertim said:

Yeah I responded to someone in the game thread who was screaming about Cosmi being ass, that he actually held his block for a while and Heinicke had a good 4 seconds in the pocket. 

I think it was the same poster who I commented that Cosmi was a rookie with 5 quarters of NFL experience, snd I wanted to at least see 6 quarters before declaring him a bust.

• Haha 3

On 9/21/2021 at 7:28 AM, Panninho said:

PFF TEAM OF THE WEEK
RT: Samuel Cosmi, Washington Football Team

LB: Matt Milano, Buffalo Bills

This should bolster his confidence moving forward. Great recognition for him!

Damn shame Milano resigned with Buffalo days before FA. He was one of, if not WFT's top target. Signing him would have been sweet. 

90% seems like a shocking level of consistency in his run blocking.  We definitely need to run more, especially since Leno is consistently winning too.

I wonder what Flowers's win rate is?  I want to see if he's doing well or if Schweitzer would be better.  Both are road graders, but I think Schweitzer is more consistently aggressive.

This OL has been strong.  They're kind of keeping our season alive right now, along with Heinicke and McLaurin.  Hopefully the D comes together soon.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

90% seems like a shocking level of consistency in his run blocking.  We definitely need to run more, especially since Leno is consistently winning too.

I wonder what Flowers's win rate is?  I want to see if he's doing well or if Schweitzer would be better.  Both are road graders, but I think Schweitzer is more consistently aggressive.

This OL has been strong.  They're kind of keeping our season alive right now, along with Heinicke and McLaurin.  Hopefully the D comes together soon.

Don't know about Flowers but Scherff is top 10 as well and Roullier is 3rd. As a team we are first in run block win rate in the league.

r912065_1280x720_16-9.jpg&w=1140&cqualit

r912064_1280x720_16-9.jpg&w=1140&cqualit

grafik.png.bb37c96eac79648c9ba3064acb9ffb48.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chase R is such a mauler.  One of our unsung greatest draft picks of the last ten years.

It kind of feels like we can do no wrong with our OL picks and FA signings.  We are developing all of them, and except with Trent, they all seem to play way better here than they do with their previous (Flowers/Schweitzer/Leno/Lucas) or next (Moses) teams.  Contrast that with the experience of the Giants, who seem to get elite players and prospects like Hernandez, Flowers, Thomas, and Zeitler and turn them into busts.  They can't develop OLs at all, and it's one of the biggest things holding them back.

It's a testament to how good Matsko and Callahan are.  We've been fortunate to have them.

Weird to think that it's our OL, not the DL that is the dominant group.  We have two All Pro type run blockers on the right side and one of the best A gap blockers in the league at C.  We just got a bunch of tight ends who can block, and our star receiver is a notably excellent blocker.  Turner needs to be doing a far better job calling plays and maintaining balance.  McKissic should be getting a bunch of carries because he's going to have space since everyone is in pass subs against packages with him.  There is nothing wrong with first down runs when you have the most consistent run blocking line in the entire league, and we legit should be running it on third and fives and such.  Our definition of high and low leverage needs to be asjusted when we have such a line and such a power runner like Gibson.  We should be setting the tone on teams like the 49ers did two years ago, but Turner just has mediocre feel for play calling.  He always zigs when you expect a zig, and lacks true next level instincts for landing haymakers on a reeling D like the great play callers do.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Chase R is such a mauler.  One of our unsung greatest draft picks of the last ten years.

It kind of feels like we can do no wrong with our OL picks and FA signings.  We are developing all of them, and except with Trent, they all seem to play way better here than they do with their previous (Flowers/Schweitzer/Leno/Lucas) or next (Moses) teams.  Contrast that with the experience of the Giants, who seem to get elite players and prospects like Hernandez, Flowers, Thomas, and Zeitler and turn them into busts.  They can't develop OLs at all, and it's one of the biggest things holding them back.

It's a testament to how good Matsko and Callahan are.  We've been fortunate to have them.

Weird to think that it's our OL, not the DL that is the dominant group.  We have two All Pro type run blockers on the right side and one of the best A gap blockers in the league at C.  We just got a bunch of tight ends who can block, and our star receiver is a notably excellent blocker.  Turner needs to be doing a far better job calling plays and maintaining balance.  McKissic should be getting a bunch of carries because he's going to have space since everyone is in pass subs against packages with him.  There is nothing wrong with first down runs when you have the most consistent run blocking line in the entire league, and we legit should be running it on third and fives and such.  Our definition of high and low leverage needs to be asjusted when we have such a line and such a power runner like Gibson.  We should be setting the tone on teams like the 49ers did two years ago, but Turner just has mediocre feel for play calling.  He always zigs when you expect a zig, and lacks true next level instincts for landing haymakers on a reeling D like the great play callers do.

Norv used to run a TON.  Terry Allen and Davis got loads of carries.  I think they want to save Gibson because he's the only RB with meat on the team.  Plus, with the early Thursday game, I think they intentionally limited Gibson's carries (and reports were that he was hobbled coming into that game).  We really need another RB in next year's draft to share the load.  JD is too small to get anything more than 4-5 carries a game.  

• Thumb up 1