Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 NFL Draft Day Thread

TK
Message added by TK,

1223355385_draftpicks2021.jpeg.c39ad75f53563c858124413250ea8c49.jpeg

Lots of TE options available still. Jordan/Freiermuth/Tremble

Safeties, too. Caden Sterns/Andre Cisco.

LBs: Werner/Cox/Barnes/Moses

Guards: Davis/Meinerz

DE: Basham

WR: Rodgers/Wallace/Brown

There is so much good left on the board. 

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

I'm rooting for Amari Rodgers in the 3rd.

You misspelled Aaron. :) 

Again for those saying we need a TE....

Keep an eye out for these 2 in the later rounds.

RB Jermar Jefferson

TE John Bates

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

My next preference is Tremble 

Tremble in the third I'd like.  But the way this draft is going I am not sure if he'd be my top desire.  

I am going to do the same thing I did at the start of the 2nd round and that is check out on all these players until a bunch are off the board.   But I have more players I like right now available than I expected.  But that could change fast.  😢

19 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I friggin love the offseason they've pulled off so far.

It's amazing what's possible without the likes of Brucifer or cross-eyed Vinny....

It's almost as if it's a good idea to hire professionals to run your billion dollar organization....?

3 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

You know the first thing Cosmi's telling everyone is:  "Dude!  I get to play with Chase Young!"

And practicing against Young and Sweat everyday will make Cosmi a phenom a year from now. I think the upside of Cosmi might be the best of this 2nd round class but Jenkins and Radunz likely more ready to play sooner but we don’t need that. 

1 minute ago, JaxJoe said:

And practicing against Young and Sweat everyday will make Cosmi a phenom a year from now. I think the upside of Cosmi might be the best of this 2nd round class but Jenkins and Radunz likely more ready to play sooner but we don’t need that. 

Jenkins is a RT in the NFL. He'll stink at LT.

Cosmi can play either. Projects to be a LT. Just needs to be coached up.

Let him and Charles fight to the death for starting LT this year(or primary backup to Lucas). Runner up can be backup RT and take over for Moses as 2022 starting LT.

Just now, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Hope yall are right about Cosmi........going off of the commentators, all they spoke of was how trash he was fundamentally......

And hearing he wasn't coached well, thats gonna change...

Hope yall are right about Cosmi........going off of the commentators, all they spoke of was how trash he was fundamentally......

That's not what I was hearing at all. What channel are you listening too? I'm watching ABC.

The guy has plenty of raw ability and hopefully the coaching staff can develop him

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

He’s certainly not trash fundamentally. But he uses his strength and athleticism more than he should. Once the need for technique comes in, which should be roughly day one againsT Young and Sweat, he’ll improve rapidly.

2 minutes ago, JaxJoe said:

You and me both!  Glad we got Cosmi but his technique is odd. It works but it’s odd. Lets defenders in way too close to his body yet his awesome footeork keeps them outside. Good run blocking. Much better than Walker Little. 

He's a barbarian.  Totally reliant on his athleticism and grip strength at this point.  He has to work his ass off to mirror on traditional outside rushes because he doesn't have conventional pass set technique mastered.  He jumps guys and tries to sit down on them so you'll see awkward backpeddaling on those reps where a smooth vertical set and slide technique would achieve the block with a fraction of the effort.  But his janky technique worked for him at Texas and he didn't really get beat much.  Testament to his functional strength.

I think there is a chance he ends up playing OG for us, and his film does kind of look like guard film.  But he's fast so we should at least try him at tackle too.

Archived